threeofthem_zps06c77733.jpg

• Like 4
Finding myself

A friend came round today, she's into photography and took some great shots:

My beloved 'boyz' (spoilered for size)

threeofthem_zps06c77733.jpg

Tanwen, what a lovely photo of your lovely dogs! :D

• Like 1

@Tanwen: Your "boyz" have the sweetest faces ever!! :)

Btw: Hope you're feeling well. :mellow:

Oh that blond boy with the brown eyes! If only I could have a blond Lab and someone else would take care of it for me!

Dinozzo is rather special...he was my first ever dog. I waited 60 years for him because my mother wouldn't let me have one...when I got to 60 I decided I was old enough to know I'd look after him :D

MadMax (he of the long tongue) takes 'hyperactive' to a whole new level - even for Jack Russells (the vet's description, not mine :D )

Barney is amazing and is still on target to make it as a PAT (Pets as Therapy) dog. Fingers crossed!

@Runster - some good days, some not so good. I've pm'd my boss and asked if I can have a change of duties - I work with open food and not allowed to do so when I've been sick. I'm otherwise fit for work though, so I can be assigned to shelf filling or 'carding' (removing the cardboard from the shelves and facing up so they look tidy)

Hi, Tanwen! What would "Barney's" responsibilities be, in the PAT program? :D

PS: 'He', of the tongue, even shows his hyperactivity in photos! :lol:

"Dinozzo" looks quite well-cared for! :)

Basically, we just go into hospitals, hospices or anywhere people may be hospitalized for long periods because stroking an animal's fur is very soothing and brightens their day.

Basically, we just go into hospitals, hospices or anywhere people may be hospitalized for long periods because stroking an animal's fur is very soothing and brightens their day.

Yes, it is a wonderful source of peacefulness and calm. As you said, "stroking an animal's fur", can bring about a lowering of blood pressure in both the animal and the person. :) - :cake: pretending it's a bone for "Barney"!! :lol:

Barney eats cake when he can get away with stealing it :lol:

*We have a LOT of work to do on the 'Leave it' command :lol: *

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!! I just joined! Not really sure what to say.

I think I'm asexual but I'm not 100% sure. I really haven't had any interest in "the act" since I started chemo treatments for breast cancer back in 1995. Sex became painful and I also just wasn't interested. Maybe one was caused by the other I guess.

I found other ways to "please" my husband.

I can't say that I don't enjoy being hugged or held or cuddled but I haven't had a boyfriend since I lost my husband.

I have joined some dating sites and even went out on a date but nothing came from it.

I dread that I will meet someone and they will want to have sex and I am not sure how I will deal with that situation.

I find myself becoming really uncomfortable when people talk about sex.

What is weird is that when I was younger, I was almost a nymphomaniac.

Sometimes I feel like I'm really weird.

Is this normal????

Well I guess for someone who didn't know what to say, I said quite a bit! Huh?

Hi BeBe52! I think there are probably lots of people on this site who can relate to your feelings. Here, you are the new "normal." :)

Welcome, and have some cake: :cake: :cake: :cake:

• Like 1

Hi!! I just joined! Not really sure what to say.

I think I'm asexual but I'm not 100% sure. I really haven't had any interest in "the act" since I started chemo treatments for breast cancer back in 1995. Sex became painful and I also just wasn't interested. Maybe one was caused by the other I guess.

I found other ways to "please" my husband.

I can't say that I don't enjoy being hugged or held or cuddled but I haven't had a boyfriend since I lost my husband.

I have joined some dating sites and even went out on a date but nothing came from it.

I dread that I will meet someone and they will want to have sex and I am not sure how I will deal with that situation.

I find myself becoming really uncomfortable when people talk about sex.

What is weird is that when I was younger, I was almost a nymphomaniac.

Sometimes I feel like I'm really weird.

Is this normal????

Well I guess for someone who didn't know what to say, I said quite a bit! Huh?

Welcome

• Like 1

Barney eats cake when he can get away with stealing it :lol:

*We have a LOT of work to do on the 'Leave it' command :lol: *

that's true of people also, Tan. I said "Leave it!" to my friend John the other day; I had to explain what I meant.

I have to be even more basic with Rhiannon - I keep asking her what part of 'No' does she not understand. She just says the 'N' is pretty hard and doesn't have a clue about the 'O' :lol:

• Like 1

Thanks for your kind "Welcome"

This is still somewhat new to me. I also am not sure but I think I am a Gray A but I am not sure.

It's been so long since I've been with anyone so I just really don't know.

I will admit that I am confused and I am not even sure if that is that right word. ????

Glad that I found a place where I can get some answers and maybe make some new friends. I hope. ;)

Oh and where are my manners!! Thanks for the cake!! :)

I think you've found the friendliest forum on the board :D ...may I offer some more Welcome :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :) . AVEN is a great place to sort things out, but don't be in too much of a hurry to 'label' yourself. I've been here 8 years and still haven't figured it out :D

• Like 1

Thanks again! Good thing that's "virtual cake" and not real or I'll never take off the pounds! Already in trouble because I ate someone's donut today. :(

I think you've found the friendliest forum on the board :D ...may I offer some more Welcome :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :) . AVEN is a great place to sort things out, but don't be in too much of a hurry to 'label' yourself. I've been here 8 years and still haven't figured it out :D

I guess that's why I say (I think) behind calling myself a Gray A. I just don't know.

Thanks to everyone for their advice and help and well also for being there to let me and others vent! :)

Hello, BeBe52! I just replied to you on your post below, "I am still trying...", and guess what(?): I recommended this site. I believe you chose well. Please check out what I had to say regarding 'being alone and not lonely'.

You may wish to read the "Front Page" listed up-top in the "Welcome" category. It is filled with much information about asexuality, and I know could be useful to you, what with deciding your Gray-A issues, and all. Welcome to AVEN!! :cake: :) (more cake!)

• Like 1

Hello everybody! Since I hadn't dropped in in a while,I was just making sure that you are all behaving yourselves! But, beware, even when I'm not here, you don't get off easy! BWAH-HAH-HAH-HAH I have every word you say re-routed to my regular e-mail, just to keep all of you in line!

Bad weekend - on the plus side I lost 4 pounds in 3 days :)

You need some :cake:, if you can eat again. I had such an experience two weeks ago. Ick.

As far as being over 60, my ankle hurts, my back hurts, I can't see without thick glasses, I'm starting to say "What?" when someone talks to me, and my patience is as thin as I was when I was young. I can now understand why people hated the fact that I used to be able to eat anything and everything without gaining weight. Now I look at a piece of cheesecake and it's automatically transferred to where it's most obvious.

Hi, Tanwen! As long as that weight-loss was intentional, then it is happy news. Stay well, my friend. :rolleyes:

@BeBe52: Thank you for your kind words. You are certainly a welcome member here! :D

@Heathenmom: It is so good to hear from you, both on the "...past 50s" thread, and here! I sent you a PM, with no response, but it was merely to have that 'rune' talk we discussed. It'll happen soon, I hope; but I do know you're busy! :) - I just checked my PMs, and there you were, my friend. Many thanks!! :o :D

Gall stones - they're a bitch! Trying to find things I can eat...and there isn't much :( . Don't want coffee or tea and water is boring :(

Gallstones are indeed horrid. I can't remember if you said you're going to have surgery, Tanwen, but I seem to have some fuzzy memory that you are.

Water...nectar of the gods!

Oh.poor Tan! That pain, I hear, is just excruciating. I looked up a method of treatment called lithotrpsy which was tried on friend John years ago, but they no longer do it. Laparacropic surgery to remove the gallbladder only requires 1-2 days in hospital and two tiny incisions. Hope you get rid of that unnecessary organ soon.

Phoned my doctor this morning to find out the name of my consultant. He told me that on the discharge forms they got it said that my condition would be monitored and I'd be attending a clinic at the JR.When I eventually got through to the consultant's secretary, seem the paperwork was never passed to her, which is why I hadn't been given a clinic appointment. After I'd had an hysterical outburst over the phone, she managed to get me an early appointment for the clinic (8th April!), that will still mean a 6-8 week wait for an operation date, so I could get onto my GP and convince them I should be treated as an emergency. Got back on to my GP - they said they didn't have a free appointment and would I like to call back tomorrow to see if there was a vacancy...to say I wasn't happy with that is an understatement. So I have an appointment for tomorrow at 10.40, I have to try to convince my GP that I should be referred as an emergency so I can get an early appointment date.