16 minutes ago, Nick2 said:

They make good door stops.

LMAO!

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Nick2 said:

They make good door stops.

:lol: 

Or anchors. 

(I'm semi-convinced they'd stand up well to seawater. :P )

• Like 3
21 hours ago, Lilibulero said:

https://charlotteslivelykitchen.com/coffee-walnut-cake/

Here's a recipe @ShariCB

There's coffee and walnut pieces baked into the cake, in the icing and the buttercream layers yum😁

Omg, that's gonna be made here soon! That's so good it makes me want to , eat - cake ! Lol Thank you !

• Like 3
On 8/19/2022 at 10:45 PM, will123 said:

Probably because that's where we first started 'chatting'.

Lol , and thank you

• Like 3
On 8/19/2022 at 10:44 PM, daveb said:

Yeah, angel food cake is good for strawberry shortcake.

Otherwise, I prefer to leave fruits, nuts, coconut, and other impurities ingredients out of my cake. :P 

(like when I tried to find some chocolate cake, but it had raspberries or something in it) :( 

I will agree here. I like my chocolate unadulterated

• Like 3
On 8/19/2022 at 10:45 PM, will123 said:

Probably because that's where we first started 'chatting'.

Well I will check out the 50's group , especially because I am in my 50's. ;)

• Like 5

Hello everyone I'm just now popping in for the very first time.  I just turned 70 on August 13 the and I'm tired of talking to myself so I went searching and found you all.

• Like 7
8 minutes ago, Hope Nauman said:

Hello everyone I'm just now popping in for the very first time.  I just turned 70 on August 13 the and I'm tired of talking to myself so I went searching and found you all.

Welcome @Hope Nauman, glad you found us! Hope you enjoy it here.

• Like 1

Just saw this title so thought I’d add myself to the huge number of people who’ve been here since 2011.  I was born in 1961 and am 61 (nice symmetry of numbers there).  I’m going to have to look back over the posts as 45 pages of reading may take a lot of time. I’m looking for friends/fellow natterers or other bored people who spend far more time on their iPad than they should be doing.

• Like 5
6 minutes ago, Latestarter said:

Just saw this title so thought I’d add myself to the huge number of people who’ve been here since 2011.  I was born in 1961 and am 61 (nice symmetry of numbers there).  I’m going to have to look back over the posts as 45 pages of reading may take a lot of time. I’m looking for friends/fellow natterers or other bored people who spend far more time on their iPad than they should be doing.

Welcome to the thread from across the pond in Canada. I won't be 61 until October.

• Like 2
On 7/16/2022 at 6:12 PM, MelodyF said:

I had heard of asexuality but it never occurred to me I was.  Heck I was married and had kids.  We’ve been married 32 years but looking back, it has worked for us luckily.  He doesn’t have a high sex drive and when he commented that I just don’t seem to be ‘interested’, I made sure to explain that the lack of doesn’t mean I love or care for him less…and I make sure to always show that in little ways every day.  

Same here. I don’t think divisions And different orientations existed or were recognised until relatively recently and people of our age wouldn’t discuss anything which might imply we were different from the norm. My husband and I have been together for 35 years and it’s only this week that we have been totally honest about our current situation and where this might lead. Rather a rocky road at the moment. Hopefully we understand each other enough to sort something out.  Our boys, in their early 20s, accept the situation and for them it’s more normal and easier to understand.

• Like 5

Thanks for the welcomes, folks. Pleased to join you. Looking forward to some ‘geriatric’ chats, although I’m sure we all feel 40 in our minds. I use the term geriatric loosely because I was classed as a geriatric mother when I was pregnant at 37 and then 40; how insulting!  I like swimming, nature, walking, reading, animals of all types but especially cats, horses and dogs and being sociable as long as it’s online not face-to-face.

• Like 4
On 8/19/2022 at 2:14 PM, Tyke said:

fruit

Just read your profile and I am in the East Midlands. We don’t share too many interests but I’m quite intellectual and am happy to be a penpal. I’m married so no meeting up but I like cuddles from men, although they are usually married or gay.  It’s nice to read that you are fit and healthy. A lot of the men my age seem to have let themselves go. I’m fitter now than I was 10 years ago.

• Like 3
25 minutes ago, Latestarter said:

Thanks for the welcomes, folks. Pleased to join you. Looking forward to some ‘geriatric’ chats, although I’m sure we all feel 40 in our minds. I use the term geriatric loosely because I was classed as a geriatric mother when I was pregnant at 37 and then 40; how insulting!  I like swimming, nature, walking, reading, animals of all types but especially cats, horses and dogs and being sociable as long as it’s online not face-to-face.

Make sure you check out the 'Anyone past 50' thread in this section, lots of chat happening there! Also the birding/nature/photography thread and the gardening one, plenty of cool people sharing what they love.

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/22/2022 at 10:39 PM, Hope Nauman said:

I'm not sure what to put in this box because I'm not tec savy.

This is not rocket science. So take a chance, and write some stuff!

On 8/22/2022 at 9:39 PM, Hope Nauman said:

I'm not sure what to put in this box because I'm not tec savy.

Hey you, come back. People will help you figure out the "how" of this online thing.

• Like 2

I just found this site and am amazed. I just turned 60 and was born "female" but always felt since I was a kid that I was neither male nor female. I also felt asexual with zero interest or desire in sexual relationships, but back then we conformed, and I tried to be someone I was not. Talking with doctors or therapists back then I was told that something was wrong with me, that I was wrong. I did not hear of the term asexual until a few years ago when my transgender son came out. So I began to learn about the nonbinary communities. Thats when I learned about agender/asexual descriptors and I was blown away. Its not just me! There are others out there who feel like I have! And now, to come across a site specifically geared toward asexuality is fantastic. The misunderstanding and isolation can end. wow. 

• Like 6

@HereAndNow Welcome to AVEN. I've identified as asexual since I was 44 (turning 61 next month). I always thought I was straight because I had friends that were girls and not interested in guys sexually. Finding out was very random and I embraced it from the get go.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, HereAndNow said:

Its not just me! There are others out there who feel like I have! And now, to come across a site specifically geared toward asexuality is fantastic. The misunderstanding and isolation can end. wow. 

Welcome to understanding and acceptance.

• Like 5
21 hours ago, will123 said:

@HereAndNow Welcome to AVEN. I've identified as asexual since I was 44 (turning 61 next month). I always thought I was straight because I had friends that were girls and not interested in guys sexually. Finding out was very random and I embraced it from the get go.

thank you for the links!

• Like 2
30 minutes ago, HereAndNow said:

thank you for the links!

This is the article that I saw in the paper one day at work:

(It was syndicated across Canada, I wasn't in Montreal)

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

I will be turning 65 this year but despite having arthritis and worsening deafness, I don’t feel anywhere near that old. 

I have three sons aged between 40-45 years old and I have accepted that I will never be a grandmother and, the way the world is going, maybe that is a good thing. 

• Like 4
6 hours ago, Zozette said:

I will be turning 65 this year but despite having arthritis and worsening deafness, I don’t feel anywhere near that old. 

I have three sons aged between 40-45 years old and I have accepted that I will never be a grandmother and, the way the world is going, maybe that is a good thing. 

Welcome to AVEN from Canada. I'm 61 and have identified as asexual since I was 44. My aroness was noticeable since I was as teen, not that I knew anything about it. Still a virgin after all these years.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Zozette said:

65 this year

Welcome and :cake: !

I am 66. Never married, no kids.

1 hour ago, will123 said:

Still a virgin after all these years.

Sounds like a song that might come from a Madonna and Simon & Garfunkel collaboration. :lol: 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, daveb said:

Welcome and :cake: !

I am 66. Never married, no kids.

Sounds like a song that might come from a Madonna and Simon & Garfunkel collaboration. :lol: 

As a friend with a very dry sense of humour would say, Definition of oxymoron: Using Madonna and virgin in the same sentence.

3 minutes ago, will123 said:

Madonna and virgin

I didn't create that connection. She had a famous song called "Like a Virgin".

• Like 1