Any asexuals like me, over 60?

biromanticseniorgal

On 12/6/2021 at 10:21 AM, daveb said:

You're getting hit by laser beams?! :P 

Is the the Chilly Willy pole marked in centimeters? (very cheerful about the snow) :lol: 

LOL, no the increments are inches.

• Like 1

Looks like I'll need to get a new rain arrestor for our chimney. The windstorm we had Saturday night blew off the previous one and it's too damaged to reinstall.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Hello all

There doesn’t seem to have been any activity on this thread for a while.

I am a newbie to all this, having only discovered that asexual might refer to me, and that I am somewhere on the scale.

I am female, aged 68 and have been married 3 times.
I would like to chat to

other asexuals, either male or female to swop feelings and experiences. I can’t say I am delighted to be asexual, but it does give me a label rather than just feeling odd, not like everyone else.

The 50s thread sounds interesting , but I’ve no idea how to find it! Is there any way to find out if there are other asexuals in your area? I notice that this thread doesn’t show locations, or even countries!
Any help appreciated. Thanks

• Like 1
On 1/13/2022 at 1:53 PM, GlenROY22 said:

Hello all

There doesn’t seem to have been any activity on this thread for a while.

I am a newbie to all this, having only discovered that asexual might refer to me, and that I am somewhere on the scale.

I am female, aged 68 and have been married 3 times.
I would like to chat to

other asexuals, either male or female to swop feelings and experiences. I can’t say I am delighted to be asexual, but it does give me a label rather than just feeling odd, not like everyone else.

The 50s thread sounds interesting , but I’ve no idea how to find it! Is there any way to find out if there are other asexuals in your area? I notice that this thread doesn’t show locations, or even countries!
Any help appreciated. Thanks

The 50s thread has a lot of us "older than 50" elders on it.  The so called action is there.  Just scroll up on the older asexuals page to find it.  And welcome.  Someone will offer cake soon.

• Like 2
On 1/13/2022 at 11:53 AM, GlenROY22 said:

The 50s thread sounds interesting , but I’ve no idea how to find it!

(go to the last page to find the latest posts; as you can see, the thread started nearly 12 years ago) :)

On 1/13/2022 at 11:53 AM, GlenROY22 said:

Is there any way to find out if there are other asexuals in your area? I notice that this thread doesn’t show locations, or even countries!

Try the Meetup Mart forum: https://www.asexuality.org/en/forum/12-meetup-mart/

Welcome and :cake: !

5 hours ago, Lilacsandroses said:

I recently found this website and joined. I just turned 67 yesterday and am very happy to have found my way here.

Welcome!

Happy-Belated-Birthday-1.jpg

• Like 1
Asterion Orestes

Having (benignly) neglected AVEN for months, I'm officially still here & approaching 65. There used to be older members. but I'm not sure who they might be now or how to find them.

• Like 5
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Decaf said:

I've just joined this thread.
I'm 60 and live in Scotland.

Welcome and :cake: !

Scotland is one of my favorite countries! :D 

@Decaf welcome - I almost went to Scotland once when I was visiting Cumbria, although my family has connections there (and 52% of my DNA is Scottish).

Hope you'll enjoy it here :) 

• Like 1
On 1/23/2022 at 1:13 PM, Lilacsandroses said:

I recently found this website and joined. I just turned 67 yesterday and am very happy to have found my way here.

Welcome to AVEN!

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Decaf said:

I've just joined this thread.
I'm 60 and live in Scotland.

Welcome to AVEN from a 60 year old Canuck. My ancestry is scattered around Europe. Apparently my maternal grandmother's grandmother came from Scotland and could speak Gaelic.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Somehow this seems like an over 60 thing. Me at 68 caring for someone who is 77. They tell me they are tired and scared from blowing stuff up in the microwave and forgetting and leaving the stove on. I can't fix it or stay there. There is no doctor in the county. My truck keeps breaking. I can't drive them to the next county, There is no assisted living. No nursing home. Itś a pandemic. Blah blah blah, whine whine whine. I just wanted someplace to say this is really hard. (And not the happy flappy support group in the city with their invitations to potlucks 150 miles away and overly cheery emails. )I will go help them bathe. Maybe fix a meal. Maybe it will get a little better. Maybe a lot better. Maybe worse. So I sort of hid my rant in the over 60 slot that doesn't get much activity. I don't feel like apologizing for my grief and anger so I will just walk away from this rant and go do what I can.

• Like 4
7 hours ago, froglady said:

Somehow this seems like an over 60 thing. Me at 68 caring for someone who is 77. They tell me they are tired and scared from blowing stuff up in the microwave and forgetting and leaving the stove on. I can't fix it or stay there. There is no doctor in the county. My truck keeps breaking. I can't drive them to the next county, There is no assisted living. No nursing home. Itś a pandemic. Blah blah blah, whine whine whine. I just wanted someplace to say this is really hard. (And not the happy flappy support group in the city with their invitations to potlucks 150 miles away and overly cheery emails. )I will go help them bathe. Maybe fix a meal. Maybe it will get a little better. Maybe a lot better. Maybe worse. So I sort of hid my rant in the over 60 slot that doesn't get much activity. I don't feel like apologizing for my grief and anger so I will just walk away from this rant and go do what I can.

Elder care in rural areas is especially challenging.  It can sap the life out of the care giver.  But in many cases there is no other option.  

• Like 6
  • 1 month later...

63 and still here. :)

I know that we have members in their 70s. I wonder about 80s?

• Like 4
4 hours ago, Kelly said:

63 and still here. :)

I know that we have members in their 70s. I wonder about 80s?

I may be there in a few years but I'll probably just be bumping into threads and yelling at kids to get off my grass.

• Like 2
jay williams
On 4/7/2022 at 10:49 AM, Frogster said:

Wow, it sounds like you are having a tough time of it. LIving out in the boonies is rough. Low wages, and limited health care available among other difficulties!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I'll be 70 in Sept. 2022 and am interested in meeting in-person (outdoors or taking Covid precautions) with aces in the general area of Olympia, WA (western Washington State). I don't visit this website often, but you can check out my profile and email me at homestead14520@yahoo.com.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I think being in your 60s nowadays isn't a big deal. With people living well into their late 70s or 80s, we're still able to do a lot of things we've always done.

I overheard a fellow bemoaning the fact that he wasn't as mobile as he used to be. Then to answer someone's question he said he was 51...

🤦‍♂️

• Like 2

I'll be 61 soon and, just for the record, learning there's a word for my lack of interest in sex hasn't really changed anything, especially since the majority of people have never heard the word Asexual and have no idea what it means.  But that's not why I'm posting.  I want to put it out there that while I'm not against meeting someone in person for an occassional cup of coffee, my main goal here is to make friends for correspondence.  FB messaging (not SMS because I won't give out my phone humber to anyone outside mt family)  or email.  Not really into phone calls either.  I clam up, awkward silence ensues, and someone eventually hangs up.  I want good old fashioned pen pals to talk about my day, hear anout their day, exchange anecdotes about our pets, talk about what's in bloom in our gardens, our weather, etc.  I prefer writing to men because women, in my experience, write about cooking or crafting and things that don't nterest me.  And finding such a person is provong to be almost impossible!

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, MaryofMayo said:

I'll be 61 soon and, just for the record, learning there's a word for my lack of interest in sex hasn't really changed anything, especially since the majority of people have never heard the word Asexual and have no idea what it means.  But that's not why I'm posting.  I want to put it out there that while I'm not against meeting someone in person for an occassional cup of coffee, my main goal here is to make friends for correspondence.  FB messaging (not SMS because I won't give out my phone humber to anyone outside mt family)  or email.  Not really into phone calls either.  I clam up, awkward silence ensues, and someone eventually hangs up.  I want good old fashioned pen pals to talk about my day, hear anout their day, exchange anecdotes about our pets, talk about what's in bloom in our gardens, our weather, etc.  I prefer writing to men because women, in my experience, write about cooking or crafting and things that don't nterest me.  And finding such a person is provong to be almost impossible!

Here's one example that I found suspect not long after I joined AVEN. A couple of PMs into a convo here a guy (from my hometown) wanted my email address. I said nope PMs are fine. Never heard from him again.

A couple of years ago I connected with another ace and we tried using the chat function here. We ended up texting as neither of us were never online when the other checked in to chat. Things have been pretty good and we've even talked on the phone a couple of times. But yes I'm very careful about contacting others. 

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

New Me. 🏵️

Looking for Asexual friends in Australia.   I would like to connect with friends.  I am a woman over 60

Like to be active and busy.  

• Like 1