Any asexuals like me, over 60?

biromanticseniorgal

8 hours ago, jay williams said:

Well your M/M fiction sounds interesting., as I have said.

Also, I share your notion that it is sad that some people are upset or confused by the fact that not all of us have socially defined sexual feelings. 

Thank you - if you ever want to check my stuff out, just Google P.J. Doolittle (my pen name).  

I blame the media in part for the confusion some people feel.  I've noticed that in the over 50 and over 60 forums there is less of that anxiety, and my personal opinion is that when we were growing up in the Seventies, we weren't constantly bombarded by sexual imagery.  Even in personal lives, if the other girls in High School were sexually active, they kept it to themselves (as they should - it's no one else's business).  At least, until one or two of them turned up pregnant - LOL!   I still feel that way and it doesn't bother me a bit if people see it as 'old fashioned'.  Since when is old fashioned a bad thing?!?

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Just poking my head in from way too long ago! Seems quieter than I remember us oldsters being, lol!

• Like 2
39 minutes ago, Mocha Jo said:

Just poking my head in from way too long ago! Seems quieter than I remember us oldsters being, lol!

Most of the action is in the 50s thread. :P 

Oh, right. I remember now!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, skeetz56 said:

64 here

Welcome and :cake: !

On 6/16/2021 at 4:11 PM, skeetz56 said:

64 here

Welcome to oldies - hope you'll feel free to jump in and post. I can remember 64 - spent a year humming the Beatles song :D 
Oh, and have some more :cake:

• Like 4
8 hours ago, coffeedup said:

63 here

Welcome and :cake: !

• Like 2
On 6/18/2021 at 12:53 PM, coffeedup said:

63 here

Welcome to AVEN from southern Ontario! :cake:

• Like 1

I'm an 60+ asexual, an aroace, actually. Always felt the same way as I do now, but I didn't know the terms until I found this site. I have experienced nothing but welcome and friendship.

• Like 5

Thanks for the welcome. Virtual pie/cake may not be delicious, but it also has no calories or anything that can mess me up inside.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, daveb said:

@lyncat, welcome and :cake: !

x3

• Like 2

OMGosh, what a year of discovery!!!  I feel as though I've just arrived home after running an exhausting race.....for 62 years!! 🤦‍♀️ 🍀   So, someone catch me op...what have I missed? 🤣

31 minutes ago, Epiphania said:

OMGosh, what a year of discovery!!!  I feel as though I've just arrived home after running an exhausting race.....for 62 years!! 🤦‍♀️ 🍀   So, someone catch me op...what have I missed? 🤣

Welcome to AVEN - I still remember how I felt when I found the site when I was 55, spent many nights through to early mornings getting to know people and posting like crazy. I hope you'll enjoy it here as much as I still do ❤️  - and have some traditional welcome :cake:

• Like 2
7 hours ago, lyncat said:

Thanks for the welcome. Virtual pie/cake may not be delicious, but it also has no calories or anything that can mess me up inside.

Calorie, gluten, lactose free, and vegan friendly :D 

Enjoy the cake, site and company ❤️ 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Epiphania said:

Welcome to AVEN! :cake:

I found out about asexuality and AVEN, in 2005 when I was 44. However I didn't join the forum until 2017. I was content in identifying as asexual, but I guess I didn't feel a need to join a forum about asexuality (I'm not averse to forums as I'm on a few recreation related forums).

Hope you enjoy the company here. I'll be turning 60 in October.

• Like 1

@Epiphania, welcome and :cake: !

What have you missed? Hopefully you haven't missed sex (as in "not missing not having it"). :P 

But maybe you have missed cake? :lol: 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Epiphania said:

It's a feeling a lot of us have had. I was pretty much your age when I found my way here (3 or 4 years ago), and haven't left. The 'over-50s' thread is a lot more active than this one, and I tend to stay there. And I'm definitely over 50.....

Welcome and :cake:

• Like 1

I plan on posting in both!

There might be newbies who join when they are in their 60s and it would like be nice for them to see a few peers posting in a separate thread.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, daveb said:

@Epiphania, welcome and :cake: !

What have you missed? Hopefully you haven't missed sex (as in "not missing not having it"). :P 

But maybe you have missed cake? :lol: 

Ha, correct on both counts!!   Would have always rather had cake 🍰 instead of each time I had the required/expected sex🙄!   That would be formerly required, but not now! Yea for me!!

6 hours ago, Epiphania said:

Isn't it lovely to feel/be welcomed!?!

yes indeed :) 

On 6/23/2021 at 4:37 AM, Epiphania said:

I've been thinking after seeing your username, that is how I felt the day I read about asexuality (see my signature if on a laptop). It was such a wonderful feeling to know why I had never really made any effort to have sex. That being said, I never openly questioned my lack of a sex life. I assumed I was straight since I found females attractive all my life and wasn't interested in guys either romantically or sexually.

• Like 1

I just ordered an Asexual Flag wristband.

In 2011-06, I bought a Rainbow Flag wristband, I wore it fairly often (it was a liberating feeling), only got a few comments, nothing really derogatory (most people ignored it).

When I found out I was Asexual (in 2016-06), I stopped wearing it (although the Rainbow Flag does in include Asexual).

Anyone else worn an Asexual Flag wristband (or other symbol), if so, what was the reaction (I tend to think a lot of people wouldn't know what it meant)?

Occasionally I've worn a black ring when I've gone into Toronto. No comments. I live in a rural area and not out 'publically' as asexual, so I'd rather not broadcast that I'm not straight.

• Like 2