Any asexuals like me, over 60?

biromanticseniorgal

Talking about birthdays elsewhere and any comment about turning 60? 

1 hour ago, will123 said:

Talking about birthdays elsewhere and any comment about turning 60? 

no comment

(joking)

Like you and I said in the 50s thread the "milestones", like the birthdays where one turns to an age ending in zero never had much significance to me personally. Turning 60 just meant I was closer to retirement. Other than that it was no different from turning 59 or 58 or whatever. This year the milestone is I will be signing up for medicare. I guess what I'm saying is for me what matters is the events and things that happen, not the age number. :) 

Poking my nose in here as I just turned 60 about 7 hours ago 😀

• Like 5
23 minutes ago, cdrdash said:

Happy Birthday, Cathy! Have some Aven :cake:.

But please don't stop posting in the 50's thread...

• Like 3
2 hours ago, cdrdash said:

Happy birthday Cathy! :cake:

• Like 1
5 hours ago, cdrdash said:

Welcome, we are a little low key here but there is a plot to take over the 50s thread afoot.  I'll fill you in on the details later.  Time for a nap right now.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Nick2 said:

Welcome, we are a little low key here but there is a plot to take over the 50s thread afoot.  I'll fill you in on the details later.  Time for a nap right now.

Sounds like this guy:

https://www.google.com/search?gs_ssp=eJzj4tDP1Tcwjc8zNWD0Ei7IzMuuVEjMS1EoyUjVSypKzMwDAJHECew&q=pinky+and+the.brain&oq=pinky+and+the.brain&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j46j0l3.7896j0j9&client=ms-android-samsung-ss&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#imgrc=Zzw6eA0bdNUliM

Wait for me I'll be joining you in October.

Hello! I’m brand new to this whole thing, and yet I’m older than all of you, so I guess I’m just slow in figuring things out. Anyway, I’m 75 years old, and I would love some other people to talk to. Of course, it would be nice to see that person in front of me, but I’m also eager just to find other “oldies” like me, even though I am still a lot older! 

• Like 4
On 3/24/2021 at 10:48 AM, cdrdash said:

Happy Birthday!

• Like 2
38 minutes ago, Sunny23 said:

Hello! I’m brand new to this whole thing, and yet I’m older than all of you, so I guess I’m just slow in figuring things out. Anyway, I’m 75 years old, and I would love some other people to talk to. Of course, it would be nice to see that person in front of me, but I’m also eager just to find other “oldies” like me, even though I am still a lot older! 

Welcome.  There are 3 of of in the 70s thread as well.  You would make 4.  Wow, a population boom of 70s.  Who knew.

On 3/24/2021 at 4:58 PM, will123 said:

We will wait.  You might need to remind us of what we were waiting for.

2 minutes ago, Nick2 said:

Welcome.  There are 3 of of in the 70s thread as well.  You would make 4.  Wow, a population boom of 70s.  Who knew.

That’s great! Better than I expected! 

• Like 1
Just now, Sunny23 said:

That’s great! Better than I expected! 

...And thanks for welcoming me.

Rockblossom
6 minutes ago, Sunny23 said:

...And thanks for welcoming me.

Here, have some sunny cake!

spacer.png

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, Nick2 said:

We will wait.  You might need to remind us of what we were waiting for.

Taking over the world!

1 hour ago, Sunny23 said:

Welcome to AVEN! :cake:

16 minutes ago, Rockblossom said:

Here, have some sunny cake!

spacer.png

Thanks! Just in time for my dessert tonight.

6 minutes ago, Nick2 said:

Right, that's the ticket.

Channeling your inner Tommy Flanagan? (Saturday Night Live reference.

• Like 2

@Sunny23, welcome to AVEN 🎂 🎂 

On 3/26/2021 at 2:43 PM, Sunny23 said:

Hi, Sunny!  I'm a newbie here, having only recently discovered that acearo is even a real thing and I'm not just weird. (OK, so I am kinda weird in some ways, but not in this.)  I'm 72 and as I've been browsing, I realized that I might be the only septuagenarian here, so I'm especially happy to meet you.  😊

• Like 1
jay williams

Welcome to Sunny, Elira and others who are all getting older!

I am 71. So there are older people here. I have always been "weird" when it comes to not being a fan of penis-in-vagina (PIV) sex. I do have erotic feelings and desires, even at my current age. My libido is less but still extant. I strongly doubt I could have full erectile capacity if any woman ever wanted me to service her. I suspect that a lot of males over 70 are impotent. So that could be a really good thing for women who are able to live without "the act" of sex. 

On 7/8/2011 at 2:08 AM, biromanticseniorgal said:

It seems like there are a lot of younger (20s,30s,40s) asexuals on this forum. And, that's great! I wish I had come out as asexual at a much younger age. I could have saved myself a lot of heartache. Don't get me wrong, I love younger people. But, I'm 60 and have been out as asexual for over 15 years, having formerly, begrudgingly, disgustingly engaged in sex. I'm so glad to have found AVEN but was hoping to connect with others around my age without having to sift through the numerous topics. Is there a forum for seniors and I just couldn't find it? If not, does anyone else think there should be one?

I meant for the subitle of this topic to be ...forum for 50+?"

Hi.  I'm 60 and new to this site.  I just signed up yesterday and I'm still learning how to navigate it.  Just like you, I'm looking to make friends with other ACEs closer to my age.  It would be nice to have ACE friends to chat with online since I don't know any in my neighborhood.  Your post is from several years ago, so I don't know if you're still using this site.  If so, please contact me or tell me how I can connect with other ACEs our age. Thanks

Just kicking in - I'll be 73 in June.  Glad to see there are other elders here.  I posted how long I've known and such on another thread, so won't repeat it here.  

• Like 3

I'm new here also, just joined yesterday, and I turn 60 in August so right now I'd straddling the 50's and the 60's forums.  I've checked out other Asexual-spectrum sites but, as you said, they seem dominated by younger people (and I must say it's kind of sad to see how society has forced younger people to be confused or upset about a simple personal preference such as not liking sex).  I'm very happy that there are more older people evident here, and hopefully even if I don't find a like-minded male to hang out with who won't have unrealistic expectations, I may make other friends here

• Like 3
jay williams

Welcome MaryofMayo. Looking at your profile: How interesting that you are into writing M/M romance! I would be fascinated to know how you have chosen to dive into that genre.

@MaryofMayo, welcome to AVEN 🎂 🎂 

18 hours ago, jay williams said:

Welcome MaryofMayo. Looking at your profile: How interesting that you are into writing M/M romance! I would be fascinated to know how you have chosen to dive into that genre.

The short answer to that is that I got into it  through slash-genre fanfiction.  Sites like Archive of Our Own, Wattpad, and Rockfic (currently down for maintenance) are filled with fictional stories pairing up two non-gay people as love interests.  It began in the 1960's with pairing up Kirk and Spock from Star Trek (Kirk/Spock - the slash is why it's called slash fanfiction) and  has skyrocketed for amateur writing.  I've been writing since my teens, mostly conventional male/female romance, but when I discovered slash I was much more drawn to pairing males with males, and as I write RPF (Real Person Fiction), I naturally chose to write about rock musicians.   It was very easy to convert my fanfiction to actual fiction by changing names and details.  I currently have six self-published books out and one through a publisher  (none are selling, but that isn't why I write).  There have been many studies done on the appeal of fanfiction and slash fanfiction but for me it's just very satisfying to pair up two good looking men.  Pairing men with women has been done to death and just bores me. 

jay williams
2 hours ago, MaryofMayo said:

Well your M/M fiction sounds interesting., as I have said.

Also, I share your notion that it is sad that some people are upset or confused by the fact that not all of us have socially defined sexual feelings. 

• Like 2