Any asexuals like me, over 60?

biromanticseniorgal

Rockblossom
15 minutes ago, Midland Tyke said:

Oooo! Chicken. Is there chicken in here?

No spring chickens, but perhaps a few old birds.

And cake.  There's always tea and cake in the 60s lounge.

1240e252d7e22177559ed6fa53fdf52e.jpg

• Like 4

I like it here because the pace is slower. I can't keep up on the 50s thread. I'm not one of those people that feels the need to log in to a forum every day, and on the 50s forum, if you miss a few days ...

forget-about-it-forget-about-seo.jpg

• Like 5
AceOfManyYears

Hi. I just created an account today, and posted in the Welcome thread. Early 60s, San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay).

• Like 7

There are probably millions of asexuals over 60 out there in the world who don't yet know that's what they are.  And even over 50, also.  That's why I don't believe the "1-2%" figure on asexuals in the population.  We'll likely all be gone before it's determined just how common asexuality is.  (Unless we live to 95...)

• Like 6
57 minutes ago, KthelGood said:

Hi. I just created an account today, and posted in the Welcome thread. Early 60s, San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay).

Welcome and :cake: !

33 minutes ago, Sally said:

(Unless we live to 95...)

Maybe you will? 

(2 of my grandparents did)

• Like 2

@KthelGood, welcome to AVEN 🎂 🎂 

• Like 2
On 8/2/2019 at 6:11 PM, Kazbe said:

I like it here because the pace is slower. I can't keep up on the 50s thread. I'm not one of those people that feels the need to log in to a forum every day, and on the 50s forum, if you miss a few days ...

I'm beginning to agree with you...I have not been checking in as much, and then there are sometimes oodles of posts to sort through!

• Like 2

I don't post very often, but am so glad you are all here.  Have been alone and lonely for a very long time.  Just need a virtual connection right now.  Recently lost my 97 year old mother and am feeling quite lost and un-needed.  I am 67 and live in a pretty conservative small town.  Up until 5 years ago, I thought I was defective.  Came to find out I am not!  I have peeps!  Will never meet any of you, but I know you are out there.  I still am confused by the lingo and labels.  What I know to be true is that I have been married 4 times, all before I was 30.  Never liked the sex, but suffered in silence.  I will not ramble on and on.  I just want you all to know how grateful I am to have this safe place to go, when I need it.  And honestly...my favorite food is cake. And I am who I am supposed to be.

• Like 10
1 hour ago, 2olives said:

I don't post very often, but am so glad you are all here.  Have been alone and lonely for a very long time.  Just need a virtual connection right now.  Recently lost my 97 year old mother and am feeling quite lost and un-needed.  I am 67 and live in a pretty conservative small town.  Up until 5 years ago, I thought I was defective.  Came to find out I am not!  I have peeps!  Will never meet any of you, but I know you are out there.  I still am confused by the lingo and labels.  What I know to be true is that I have been married 4 times, all before I was 30.  Never liked the sex, but suffered in silence.  I will not ramble on and on.  I just want you all to know how grateful I am to have this safe place to go, when I need it.  And honestly...my favorite food is cake. And I am who I am supposed to be.

Take time to adjust to the loss of a parent and the job of caregiver.  It is a hole that is not easily filled.  Glad you found us.

• Like 5
Rockblossom
2 hours ago, 2olives said:

And honestly...my favorite food is cake. And I am who I am supposed to be.

Ooooh!  Ane excuse for more cake.

Welcome+Girly+Cake+II.jpg

• Like 4
2 hours ago, 2olives said:

Up until 5 years ago, I thought I was defective. Came to find out I am not!  I have peeps!  Will never meet any of you, but I know you are out there.  I still am confused by the lingo and labels. [...] And I am who I am supposed to be.

Welcome, @2olives!!! You DO have peeps! 

• Like 5
On 8/2/2019 at 6:11 PM, Kazbe said:

Wait until all those 50s members 'graduate' LOL

I'll be joining in 2021...

• Like 5
56 minutes ago, Nick2 said:

We are hoping a lot of them get held back.

I passed 60 a couple of years ago, but the 50s thread is still my home room. :) 

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Nick2 said:

We are hoping a lot of them get held back.

LOL Post of the day :lol:

• Like 6
2 hours ago, daveb said:

I passed 60 a couple of years ago, but the 50s thread is still my home room. :) 

Have you told your Homies that we are trash talking them in the 60s thread?  😄

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, Rockblossom said:

Have you told your Homies that we are trash talking them in the 60s thread?  😄

Nah

It's like the stereotypical "grumpy old man" yelling at the kids; doesn't bother me. :P 

• Like 5

We could wait until they are all in a circle having a lively discussion, then sneak into the 50s thread and steal their cake.

• Like 7
7 minutes ago, Rockblossom said:

We could wait until they are all in a circle having a lively discussion, then sneak into the 50s thread and steal their cake.

I like it.  Let's work on details but keep it under your hat.

• Like 6
3 minutes ago, Nick2 said:

but keep it under your hat.

what, the cake?

• Like 5
3 minutes ago, Nick2 said:

OK, I see the flaw in this plan already.

Not necessarily, depending on the cake

IMG_0201.jpg

or the size of the hat

78c896273583bce85ab53aab898e9fdb.jpg

• Like 7
1 hour ago, Nick2 said:

They will never see us coming.

They might, but our choice in hats will just leave them stunned until we can make away with the cake.

As Cervantes said:  Faint heart ne'er won fair pastry.

• Like 5
5 hours ago, Nick2 said:

I am practicing my evil laugh now.

Good to see you have your priorities right. :lol: 

• Like 4