Any asexuals like me, over 60?

biromanticseniorgal

Welcome byrd - I too am 64; I remember when the Beatles issued 'When I'm 64' and couldn't imagine ever being THAT old. It sort of sneaked up on me when I wasn't looking :) . I hope you'll enjoy it here, I found it a few years ago and decided to take up residence. So pull up a comfy chair and nom on welcome :cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake:

*And I loved the Byrds ;) *

• Like 1

Hello, byrd! So glad you decided to join our/your community.

Welcome to AVEN! :cake: :)

I answered your post on the "...past 50s" site.

I know what it is!! You want more cake!! :o :lol: ... :cake::cake: - Of course, I'm kidding. Please know that.

Welcome and enjoy, "JupiterMoon".

EDIT: Also posted to you on the "Welcome Lounge". I left you a pretty useful link on there. It will help you navigate the forums and answer some of the questions you may have; as I see you are a serious communicator. ;)

Edited by runester

I posted this on the welcome page and it was recommended that I post here too...

I've been married to one man for 34 years (I'm 62 and he is 60), and we had a fairly good sex life at one time, at least we thought so, maybe others wouldn't have thought so. Sex once a week was enough for us. I managed to get pregnant 6 times but could only carry two babies to term, lost the other four to miscarriages, one might be considered a stillbirth these days.

We both lost interest in sex about seven years ago, and were relieved to learn that the other one had too. We still have a love-filled marriage, we hug and kiss, but that's all. I'm certainly glad to find a place that it's okay to talk about it. Can asexuality be inherited? My mother always hated sex too, and after my parents divorced, she remarried but it was pretty much an asexual marriage. They were married for 40 years and my mother just passed away in January of Alzheimers.

I was reading several of the messages, and I could relate to so many of them. My husband and I are "former" hippies, he pretty much still is.. a lot of people say he looks like Jerry Garcia.

I also related to the comment about the mind still feeling 17. Mine does too. My dad is 84 and always says that only the body ages, not the mind. I guess that's why I still have so much fun rocking out the old music, the good stuff.

But, man, sometimes getting old is the pits. I'm a three time cancer survivor, and it's been two years now since I finished chemo and I'm still pooped!!! I keep getting told that my energy will return, but I keep wondering when that will be?

Cindi

Hi Cindi, welcome, welcome! :cake: :cake: :cake:

So sorry about your cancer and your fatigue, and all that you must have endured to get to this point. I'm glad you have pulled through.

Hi, "Cindi"! I too, am glad to hear your success story and look forward to seeing your posts around the website.

Welcome to AVEN! :cake::mellow:

Hello, "GNP"! Perhaps you should post an intro in the "Welcome Lounge"; providing some information about yourself. It may give you a chance to meet some new friends, etc.

This link http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/75070-welcome-new-members-from-the-project-team/ contains many useful things and help with navigating the forums.

Welcome to AVEN! :cake: :)

hey everyone,

I am also new here on Aven, I live in Denmark and am 61 years old,

and I have been asexual all my life, and never married.

But I didnt know untill a year ago, when I read about it.

I have allways felt, that people around me were some strange creatures. that I couldnt understand and I have been very lonely all my life.

I have so missed someones like myself, that I could talk to and with, about experiences in life and the everyday life.

I hope that you folks like me better, than them in the neighbourhood.

I dont know any of them infact, you know:

never married and dont know anyone here around,

then one am lonely.

My english can be better, I know.

best wishes

• Like 1

Hello, "hadeel"! I know there are several members from Denmark here; you can check the International Meet-up site. I believe you will begin to make friends in no time, at all.

This link http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/75070-welcome-new-members-from-the-project-team/ contains much useful information on asexuality and navigating the forums.

Enjoy and welcome to AVEN! :cake: ;)

@GNP, how are you today? Hopefully getting used to the forums! :D

Let me add a hello also to CindiBri and JupiterMoon! Let's hear from you recent posters! Maybe begin with what your week-end plans are!?! :) :)

• 2 weeks later...

@'BJ'58: We keep meeting at these 'Oldies' sites! :lol: :lol:

Psst: Hi, "Tanwen"! :cake: :)

Hah! I.m now over 60 (going on 32) so Here is where I belong

@BJ: Hi, friend! I do believe that if we surround ourselves with people that we know have open and stable minds, we will feel quite at ease. That precludes us 'fitting-in', and helps us be happy within ourselves. I am glad to feel that you have a positive attitude. :)

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I haven't had a chance to get over here in a while. It was fun to re-read the messages and see the new people.

Cindi

• 3 months later...

Golly ... from the lack of Activity :ph34r: in this Thread ...

It seems that all we REALLY old Avenites have died :(

:cake: HAPPY NEW YEAR to those who haven't :cake:

or [like me] aren't really sure :D :wub:

You're not dead, Tan. Or if you are, you're a very convincing ghost. That's a cute little dragon, with an AVEN scarf!

I adopted it for Christmas and fell in love with it...how long can I reasonably have a winter dragon???

*At least till spring :D *

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi All

I'm three weeks shy of 68. But in my head, I don't feel any older than when I was half this age. Aloren, you are so right, asexuality wasn't even imagined fifty years ago. Girls, where/when I grew up, left school, looked for a man and married. Really, there were no other choices, except to be a 'pitied, unwanted, spinster'. So I married, and thought that sex was just a wife's lot, to be put up with. Another chore to be done, like cleaning. I had absolutely no idea that I could have a choice. Say, isn't this discovery of choice an amazing thing??

I love that this site is so welcoming and friendly. Thanks, all.