Any asexuals like me, over 60?

biromanticseniorgal

@blue dog My grandfather was either 79 or 80 when he remarried to a 40-something year old woman. They were divorced one month later because he wanted too much sex. He had 37 kids...

I know that was posted a while ago, but I'm just now catching up on things from a year and a half ago. :lol: Hi everyone! I'm only 35 but I tend to pop in just about anywhere in the oldies section. :D

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Dana Jeanne said:

Today is my birthday and I turned 61. Makes me over 60!!

Happy birthday! Welcome and :cake: !

If it looks too quiet in this thread you might also want to check out the "over 50" thread. Lots of activity there, including some like me who started out as over 50 and became over 60 eventually. :) 

• Like 3
BobRossRules
On 1/7/2018 at 2:05 PM, Spotastic said:

@blue dog My grandfather was either 79 or 80 when he remarried to a 40-something year old woman. They were divorced one month later because he wanted too much sex. He had 37 kids...

I know that was posted a while ago, but I'm just now catching up on things from a year and a half ago. :lol: Hi everyone! I'm only 35 but I tend to pop in just about anywhere in the oldies section. :D

OMG....37!!:o  

• Like 1

@faraday☘ @Muledeer 15 of those were with my grandmother. The rest were with other women. All while they were married. I have an aunt who is still in her 20's. He wasn't exactly someone who I looked up to as a model citizen. <_<

• Like 4

Welcome, and hello. I turned 60 last fall and apparently have been asexual all my life. I never knew my sexual orientation had a name until I joined this forum. Personally however, I think labels are more for things than people. The fact I'm me is more important than my age or sexuality.  As noted, a lack of sex can lead to isolation though. This forum is the only place I can discuss things with others like me.  

• Like 5
TheLastOfSheila
6 minutes ago, Yeast said:

Welcome, and hello. I turned 60 last fall and apparently have been asexual all my life. I never knew my sexual orientation had a name until I joined this forum. Personally however, I think labels are more for things than people. The fact I'm me is more important than my age or sexuality.  As noted, a lack of sex can lead to isolation though. This forum is the only place I can discuss things with others like me.  

Welcome to the forum! :cake:

• Like 2

@Dana Jeanne from someone who's only 75% of the way to this thread, welcome to AVEN :cake::cake:

• Like 1

Hi, I have just discovered this site through an ABC new article! Who knew? :P I am about to turn 63, have had a lifetime of difficult sexual relationships, primarily because it's never felt comfortable for me; and have also had many years of no sexual relationships at all. I long to have partnership without the stress and strain of sex! What a relief to find a place where this is not seen as weird or judged negatively! :)

• Like 7

Hi @Jayred63 welcome to the forum. 🍰 🍰 🍰 There’s also the over 50 thread, you can use that as well if you want to, there’s more activity there. I post there a lot and I am older than you. 😊

• Like 4
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi, I'm in my 40s but I read today about this relatively new (UK) organization and thought it might be of interest to some of those in this thread. The organization's aim is to raise awareness of and promote support for older people who don't have family or children available to help them in their life. (They have been invited and given funding to work with an established care charity in my local area.) I'm an only child and am single and without children, so it gives me a little hope for the future to hear that people are trying to raise awareness of and help people in my situation. You can read more on their website Ageing Without Children. I am also posting this in the over 50s thread. Hope it can be helpful to someone. 

• Like 5
  • 1 month later...
AboutTime

I'm a 64 female. I wondered in my teens if asexuality was a 'thing'. That was a long time ago. I didn't understand the interest in boys that the other girls had, and was not interested in girls either. But I wanted love (which I now know was actually wanting to feel protected) and I did marry and had sex to be close. But widowed now for 20 years, I've never been drawn to anyone sexually since. Pretty much seems I am asexual. That would explain a lot.

• Like 5
17 minutes ago, AboutTime said:

I'm a 64 female. I wondered in my teens if asexuality was a 'thing'. That was a long time ago. I didn't understand the interest in boys that the other girls had, and was not interested in girls either. But I wanted love (which I now know was actually wanting to feel protected) and I did marry and had sex to be close. But widowed now for 20 years, I've never been drawn to anyone sexually since. Pretty much seems I am asexual. That would explain a lot.

Welcome and :cake: !

Skycaptain

@AboutTime welcome to AVEN 🎂 🎂 :cake::cake:

• Like 1
4 hours ago, AboutTime said:

I didn't understand the interest in boys that the other girls had, and was not interested in girls either.

Ditto! One of my high school friends was very sexually active and all I could  wonder was "WHY?" And then I thought I might be a lesbian, but realized I had no sexual interest in females either.

Welcome!

• Like 3
Aqua Blue
On 5/1/2018 at 11:31 PM, AboutTime said:

Welcome,  your discription would suit me to a tee, I married too to be close too but divorced 20 plus years ago.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

I wish I could be 60 again.  I felt so young back then ;)

• Like 1

Also over 60, yes 🙂

61 is young.

At least, that's how I see it !

Semi athletic goals to acheive 🙂

• Like 1
On 7/11/2011 at 5:42 PM, The Bookworm said:

Welcome biromanticseniorgal! :cake:

I'm half your age (I'll be 30 next year), but I'm thrilled to see older asexuals here who can give their perspectives on sexual experience or lack of it.

Similar as me in the running club 🙂 (surrounded by 20-40-something people , while being 60+ ..  🏃‍♂️:D )

On 8/15/2011 at 11:41 AM, Aloren said:

Welcome!

I am only 26 but have always gotten along better with people older than myself. Also I find the older asexuals have more in common with me so while I do not intrude on the older forums I read them and gain from them distantly. More of the older asexuals ended up with families of their own than the younger generations on the boards or they kind of "put up" with a sexual life for a time in their life... as the term asexual was not(and still not) as known.

Interesting, but no family of my own at all here, in my case.

• 1 month later...
jay williams

The message activity thins out, it seems, for those of us who are sexagenarian.

I have been assuming that I already posted something here. I'm not finding anything though. The activity does seem kind of thin. I'm 64 and don't seem to have used this thread. Sometimes I am in the garden places or animal places. Sometimes I play in the chatterbox. Sometimes I howl into the wind. What to put here?

I wonder if other people my age are finding that the world they believed in when they were younger never really existed...sure some is just gone but a lot never really was. Something like the disillusionment of youth only more like de illusionment. Do you have that experience? If so what do you do with it?

Anyone else trying to deal with mild diabetes without drugs ie with diet and exercise?

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, froglady said:

Anyone else trying to deal with mild diabetes without drugs ie with diet and exercise?

At this stage of the game, I am far more concerned with the present and the future.

My barber lost a lot of weight and exercises a lot.  My best friend lost 28 pounds this year.  I lost about 18. It seems people want to be healthier.

• 2 weeks later...

@yyy15 with the same woman (my grandmother). All of them while he was still married. They didn't mention the extras at his funeral, nor are they mentioned outside of hushed conversations.

And it seems my birthday is just one day after yours. :D

• Like 1