Any asexuals like me, over 60?

biromanticseniorgal

You are all such kids. Although today I'm having one of my age-13 days, maturity-wise. :wacko:

• Like 1

Yes, I'm back to being my usual age 8 today, with occasional periods of being way over 60. :lol:

• Like 1

Has this become a spin-off of the "farfle..." with the age disclaimer? I hope not. :mellow:

Hello, everyone! Thought I'd pop in and say howdy-do. Although I'm not in my sixties, Biro did mention something about the subtitle for this thread being "50+", and I do fit in that category! Although I recognize some of the names here (Hi, Runester!), others I don't. Who-all is still actively posting, does anybody know? Everyone here sounds like folks I'd like to get to know. Anyway, y'all take care.

welcome

Hi, Heathenmom!! I am really enjoying seeing your posts in so many places. I read your "pigs in the blanket" recipe - until the bacon grease 'got me'. Up north (USA) they are made in the Polish part of town with sauteed ground chuck, onions and cooked white rice mixed together and rolled tightly, end-to-end, in blanched cabbage leaves. Cover the bottom of a rectangular baking dish with chopped Italian tomatoes or thick spaghetti sauce, and line-up the rolled 'pigs'. Cover with more tomatoes/sauce and bake at 325 for one hour; basting occasionally. Yum!! :D

Serve with mashed potatoes or ziti pasta and a salad. Cake for dessert, of course (tee-hee).

Welcome!

More of the older asexuals ended up with families of their own than the younger generations on the boards or they kind of "put up" with a sexual life for a time in their life... as the term asexual was not(and still not) as known.

I agree with this statement completly and so glad you brought it up, as this is something I've thought for a long time.

I know for myself, I'm 64 and the time, isolated community, and expectations of the day, I didn't even dream there was such a thing as asexual.

I've read there are different degrees of asexual, and I believe that, perhaps those who were totally nauseated or fearful of sex might have refrained. Those of us who were/are asexual to a lesser degree married and had children because it was the only thing we knew to do! I have to wonder had asexual been known then, if today asexual would be more than the 1%.....I think it would.

• Like 2

My gosh, 'back in the day', get married and have children was the usual option open to people. I definetly agree with you about the 1% probably being much greater.

Let's be grateful we do have AVEN now, and can guide some younger folk along a better path than we had. In the meantime, we are able to make some friends in our own age-range.

Nice to meet you!! :)

• Like 1

Thank you for the warm welcome, Tadkitty and Runester. I am enjoying posting here and there. I'll keep dropping in from time to time just to "rattle your cage", so to speak!

@Heathenmom: It's great to see you 'out and about'! Please keep up the fine posting! :mellow:

• 2 weeks later...
Down in Texas

Do you only want asexual's on this thread? If not then I quality. And just one comment on the Pigs in a blanket. In south Texas they are a little smokies ( small sausage) wrapped with homemade bread dough. Then baked till bread is done. But I would like to try your recipe it sounds good.

Do you only want asexual's on this thread? If not then I quality. And just one comment on the Pigs in a blanket. In south Texas they are a little smokies ( small sausage) wrapped with homemade bread dough. Then baked till bread is done. But I would like to try your recipe it sounds good.

all are welcome :). I am from Texas my self and i miss little smokies big red wolf brand chili real Mexican food and ranch style beans. i go home for two weeks next Tuesday i can wait for Texas food.

"Little cocktail sausages wrapped in . . .

STREAKY

bacon" . . . ?

Hahahaha, I got stuck on the word "streaky", it brought to my mind that old Ray Stevens song:

Oh yes they call him the Streak;

He likes to show off his physique!

So, nekkid bacon?

Or just bacon that likes to hop out of the dish and run around?

Either way, I'm over here chuckling.

Thanks "Tanwen"! The word "streaky" got to me, also. This 'streaky bacon' is cooked, right? (Oh, please!) :wacko: :D

Down in Texas

You wrap the little cocktail sausages with bacon usually for us a half or third of a strip depending on lenght of bacon hold it in place with a toothpick then bake on cookie sheet till bacon is done.

Hello Down in Texas! Thank you for the recipe. They sound yum!!

Is your recipe the same, Tanwen?

:) :)

Down in Texas

No I wrap mine in home made bread dough most of the time but I have eatten and helped prepair them that way. If you would like there is another recipe that we make with fresh jalapeño. You take a fresh pepper and remove the stem end, next you slice the pepper in half length wise and remove the seeds, next place a piece of cream cheese in the cavity allowing it to extend above the pepper. Then wrap with bacon securing bacon with a tooth pick and bake on a cookie sheet until bacon is done. YUM YUM

You wrap the little cocktail sausages with bacon usually for us a half or third of a strip depending on lenght of bacon hold it in place with a toothpick then bake on cookie sheet till bacon is done.

Is this a post from Tanwen, possibly attributed to "Down in Texas", in error?

We may be over 60, but our minds are still plenty sharp!! :)

No I wrap mine in home made bread dough most of the time but I have eatten and helped prepair them that way. If you would like there is another recipe that we make with fresh jalapeño. You take a fresh pepper and remove the stem end, next you slice the pepper in half length wise and remove the seeds, next place a piece of cream cheese in the cavity allowing it to extend above the pepper. Then wrap with bacon securing bacon with a tooth pick and bake on a cookie sheet until bacon is done. YUM YUM

HOT HOT (spicy), Yes? This sounds like Texas cookery! :)

@Down in Texas: Hi, and another food Q.

Do you get involved in the famous Texas 'chili cook-offs'? I understand they are quite popular. How about you, Tadkitty (another Texan)?

Recipes are fun to discuss! :)

Down in Texas

No I do not do Chili cook offs. But I do love to cook and bake. I have never made a cake from a box and have many recipes. Will share any I have if anyone wants one and I do not leave stuff out so that if wont taste right as some have done to me in the past. Some I don't have re copes for I simply make some without measuring but will let you know when that may be the case.

@Down in Texas: Hi. Leaving something out of a recipe, intentionally? What an awful thing to do to someone. It is by no means humorous, and is quite an unfriendly gesture. I have never shared that many, but such a 'dirty trick' wouldn't even occur to me!

I am not in the kitchen so much any more (at all, really), but I surely will be interested in seeing what you may send to someone else! C'mon home-cookers, we've got a specialized brain to pick!! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Noooo!! :lol: 'Streaky' bacon are the thin rashers with lots of fat running through them

A-stack-of-streaky-bacon-006_zpsf52a8323

Back has far more bacon and less fat :)

*Now on a low fat diet so bacon of any kind is banned :( *

Noooo!! :lol: 'Streaky' bacon are the thin rashers with lots of fat running through them

A-stack-of-streaky-bacon-006_zpsf52a8323

Back has far more bacon and less fat :)

*Now on a low fat diet so bacon of any kind is banned :( *

You can fry-up the 'streaky' bacon until it becomes crispy. Nothing better on a BLT (bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich on white toasted bread with lots of regular mayo). It's probably one of those 'heart-attack-on-a-plate' recipes! No joke, really; but I couldn't help myself!! :D

Down in Texas

Try Turkey bacon it is really quite good and taste so close to the real thing that it would pass for a good replacement.

Hi everyone. I'm not over-60, but I'm just half a decade away. Close enough!

It seems that everyone who's over 60 is also over 50, and we do have a thread for that. Everyone's welcome, truly, no matter what their age.

• Like 2