Any asexuals like me, over 60?

biromanticseniorgal

biromanticseniorgal

I will surely send you a pm sometime. We can talk books if you are a reader! =)

I do not feel unwelcome. I am fairly new myself and still feeling my way around this board. Though I post on a couple others for fans of certain series and book generes. I also sometimes do things on YouTube. So thats kind of community as well.

Great. Nice to meet you. I only read non-fiction these days on topics which interest me in a given moment but I'm sure I'll be seeing you on the "Older" and other forums around here. Have fun.

I'm new to posting here; this is my first, although I've visited the AVEN site many times. I'm 61. It's good to have a place to be myself.

Welcome to AVEN! I'm also new here. Hope you like it as much as I do. :cake:

Thank you for the kind welcome. I'm conservative about posting, so I'm just looking around right now and becoming accustomed to the forums.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Welcome to AVEN and the Older Asexual Forum.

Have some cake. :cake: :cake: :cake::cake:

I just turned 59 so in another year I will be saying that Older are those 60 and over. :lol: , but for now I am still in my 50's. :lol:

biromanticseniorgal

I'm 62 and live near Niagara Falls in Canada. I think I'm asexual but not sure. Not sure how the group works yet, so hope this message gets through.

Yes, it got through and so nice to meet you! :lol: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake:

biromanticseniorgal

I just turned 59 so in another year I will be saying that Older are those 60 and over. :lol: , but for now I am still in my 50's. :lol:

Hi, nice to see you! :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake:

It seems like there are a lot of younger (20s,30s,40s) asexuals on this forum. And, that's great! I wish I had come out as asexual at a much younger age. I could have saved myself a lot of heartache. Don't get me wrong, I love younger people. But, I'm 60 and have been out as asexual for over 15 years, having formerly, begrudgingly, disgustingly engaged in sex. I'm so glad to have found AVEN but was hoping to connect with others around my age without having to sift through the numerous topics. Is there a forum for seniors and I just couldn't find it? If not, does anyone else think there should be one?

I meant for the subitle of this topic to be ...forum for 50+?"

HI, I'm 59, Swedish-Irish female born and living in Italy. I thought I was the only over 50 asexual here, happy to see it's not like that! Sure I'd have liked to discover since very young that asexuality was and is not such a strange condition. Me too I could have saved myself a lot of troubles. I've even been married, now have a daughter, I love her and don't regret to have her, but everything could have been much easier and better if I had known before that I wasn't that odd girl because of my disgust in sex.

:) :cake: :cake:

• Like 1
biromanticseniorgal

It seems like there are a lot of younger (20s,30s,40s) asexuals on this forum. And, that's great! I wish I had come out as asexual at a much younger age. I could have saved myself a lot of heartache. Don't get me wrong, I love younger people. But, I'm 60 and have been out as asexual for over 15 years, having formerly, begrudgingly, disgustingly engaged in sex. I'm so glad to have found AVEN but was hoping to connect with others around my age without having to sift through the numerous topics. Is there a forum for seniors and I just couldn't find it? If not, does anyone else think there should be one?

HI, I'm 59, Swedish-Irish female born and living in Italy. I thought I was the only over 50 asexual here, happy to see it's not like that! Sure I'd have liked to discover since very young that asexuality was and is not such a strange condition. Me too I could have saved myself a lot of troubles. I've even been married, now have a daughter, I love her and don't regret to have her, but everything could have been much easier and better if I had known before that I wasn't that odd girl because of my disgust in sex.

:) :cake: :cake:

Hi KattViki! So nice to meet you. :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake:

I will surely send you a pm sometime. We can talk books if you are a reader! =)

I do not feel unwelcome. I am fairly new myself and still feeling my way around this board. Though I post on a couple others for fans of certain series and book generes. I also sometimes do things on YouTube. So thats kind of community as well.

i'm 62.i'm interested in the information provided here.i'm not grappling with my sexuality.my sex drive is low to non-existent.if anyone wants to correspond that's great.

biromanticseniorgal

i'm 62.i'm interested in the information provided here.i'm not grappling with my sexuality.my sex drive is low to non-existent.if anyone wants to correspond that's great.

Hi suds00! Very nice to meet you! I was born in Jeffersonville but haven't been back to IN since I was 5 and my parents moved to NV.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there, Welcome :) I celebrated surviving 50 years in July. Welcome and have some cake :cake: :cake: :cake: YAY.... When I first joined, I thought everyone would be older, just like me. I was on the forums for quite a while, before I realised the younger bias, the way the posts were written, it just seemed like older people.

The age difference allows you to get a wider range of views and alternative and fresher viewpoints. :) I go to a lot of meets, and apart from someone else, who is the same age as me, people seem to be mainly in their twenties to middle thirties. When we went camping the ages of people were approximately 21, 25,26,28,,34,35,49,49, It didn't seem to make any difference. Perhaps, sometimes it may be nice to have someone closer to my age when we go to meets, if you are meeting new people, it probably makes it easy. But these days, most people I see at meets I have met already. It is really about how interesting a person is, I do love to know what makes people tick, how they got here, how they have surmounted challenges and their particular take on life, etc. Age does not necessarily make you more interestingly, maybe more cynical. :)

biromanticseniorgal

Hi AceOfCakes, nice to meet you. That was actually suds00's quote "not grappling..." that I kind of messed up, sorry. I, for one, have never had any sex drive and I'm ok with it. Thanks for sharing your personal experiences and opinions on this topic; and, for reminding me to try not to be cynical. You're absolutely right about the value of fresh viewpoints of young people. :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake:

• 2 months later...

Well, I just this minute joined this forum, and I will be 64 in March. When I was younger, I didn't even know what an asexual was; I just knew that most aspects of sex disgusted me. I just revealed, for the first time, to my therapy group last Tuesday that I am asexual -- I never even knew that one COULD be. OK, so I'm naive!

I'm interested in finding friends and people to be family with when I don't have a loving family. Like the FAQ said, I still have the same relationship and intimacy needs as everyone else, but can't express them through sex. If you want to read more about me, I just posted a note in the Newcomer's Lounge (if that was the name -- senior moment?) called Old Lady, Brand New.

I hope this will be a place where I can find comfort!

Natalie ._c-

• Like 2

Firstly, A Big Welcome to the Newcomers :cake: :) :cake:

I shall always have a Spot in my Heart for AVEN and trust that You get as much from the Site as I have!

I understand your need of chating with ''seniors'' but I beleive that there should not be a devision of any kind. The idea of age making a difference in a conversation is false. Even if a younger person hasn't lived long enough to experience what a senior has, the universel truth is in everyone, so the younger ones will feel what you are saying instead of understanding it mentaly.

That's my point of view, I just wanted to share it with you

... Golly ... Where [and whether!] to start with a comment on the above post?

... [Edited, ... severely.] ...

As the Last Lurking Curmudgeon [60+],

I shall say that rafi's post ... epitomises ...

why [possibly, only] I should like an Old Farts Forum.

Limited to those with 50+ years of Experience!

Tan, I do appreciate this is not going to happen,

as I'm sure you appreciate just how many vituperative comments I have edited out. :D

Should any young'uns have a "point of view", that they "just want to share" with me ...

... here ...

... please don't.

Pop all responses into JFF. :P

How could I have missed your post, bear??? We do miss you and wish you'd pop by more often...and you could repost that incredible dragon sculpture you found :lol:

• 1 month later...
bubbleblower

I just joined earlier this evening, and since I turned 72 a couple of months ago this feels like an appropriate forum to start out in, even though I have friends of all ages.

It took me years of heartbreak in the gay bars of West Hollywood in the 1970's to learn that most other people weren't like me. And even then, there wasn't any handy term to describe the difference. I just gradually sort of noticed that most of the people I took to bed seemed to be a lot more orgasm-centered and less interested in intimacy than I was.

And of course we couldn't search the Web back then, so it was harder to find kindred souls.

So I'm feeling rather hopeful right now.

• Like 1

Welcome bubbleblower, it's great to find out there are others like you - I remember how I felt when I found AVEN - so liberating :D

As that was your first post...have some traditional welcome :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake:

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know if I am using the reply function correctly. This is my first time on the site; actually this is the first time I even knew the site existed. I wish I knew there were people out there to talk with. I always knew there had to be more people who felt the same way but I had no idea how to contact. I'm 60 and would love to find someone to talk over my experiences and to hear theirs. Hope to hear from you. My email address is: scotts11@ptd.net

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
mountain girl

I have a question for Aven members in their 60's. Does any of your friends near your age know about your asexuality and what's their opinion?

I have a question for Aven members in their 60's. Does any of your friends near your age know about your asexuality and what's their opinion?

I haven't told anyone my age. I don't see any reason to tell them; we're not in high school anymore where you talk about sex incessantly.

• Like 1
Carrie-ann

Hi and welcome to the 'Oldies' forum. You'll find a few of us 'Older Oldies' around - I'm 62 and I think that Sally's a little older :D Originally it was set up for the older members of AVEN who weren't as computer savvy as the younger members and found the general mania a bit intimidating. Now it's mainly a refuge from the general mania on the board - AVEN has grown a lot!!

Have some more welcome :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: , pull up a comfy chair and enjoy!

Hi, I am 61 so I do come under your request, my first visit and I hope to gain some insight to my self, I read one letter which said they think it is a core thing, for me I beleive they are right as I have not felt 'normal' for many years, I am also bi-polar since 2000 or maybe not, maybe I have been fighting myself for years, to accept the world you first have to accept yourself, mental abuse for 40 years does not help especially from ones mother - please no sympathy it could have been much worse, divorced twice now have 2 cockatiels and 2 budgies I am overweight so I ask instead of cake make it seed and sunflower seeds - and a large pair of earmuffs. Hope this reply meets with approval and leads to a long and happy friendship. :rolleyes:

Hi, Biromanticseniorgal and all the others who posted on here.

Trust me, I am well into my sixties, and am an asexual aromantic. (have been for many years, but there wasn't a name for what I 'am')

I'm hoping we could possibly make this a chat site for our group, and others who would wish to join. It would eliminate the use for PMs everywhere, and share our knowledge/wisdom more openly. I don't know how you feel about that "Biromantic", or if we would need special permission to participate in such a forum. I hope it is worth a thought.

Thanks for the suggestion, Sweet. I was thinking more along the lines of altering the sub-title, as 'Biromantic' had mentioned before; perhaps to something like "Stop by for a chat." Although, the forum seems to be doing well as is, for now. The ultimate decision would be "Biromanticseniorgal's", however.

The 60's Chat Something or Other (fill in the something or other) would be catchy. :)

I need to backtrack and read the thread before its super long!

The 60's Chat Something or Other (fill in the something or other) would be catchy. :)

I need to backtrack and read the thread before its super long!

It goes back quite a ways, Lady, & it is mostly folks introducing themselves. It won't take you long. :)