Any asexuals like me, over 60?

biromanticseniorgal

biromanticseniorgal

It seems like there are a lot of younger (20s,30s,40s) asexuals on this forum. And, that's great! I wish I had come out as asexual at a much younger age. I could have saved myself a lot of heartache. Don't get me wrong, I love younger people. But, I'm 60 and have been out as asexual for over 15 years, having formerly, begrudgingly, disgustingly engaged in sex. I'm so glad to have found AVEN but was hoping to connect with others around my age without having to sift through the numerous topics. Is there a forum for seniors and I just couldn't find it? If not, does anyone else think there should be one?

I meant for the subitle of this topic to be ...forum for 50+?"

• Like 32

Hi and welcome to the 'Oldies' forum. You'll find a few of us 'Older Oldies' around - I'm 62 and I think that Sally's a little older :D Originally it was set up for the older members of AVEN who weren't as computer savvy as the younger members and found the general mania a bit intimidating. Now it's mainly a refuge from the general mania on the board - AVEN has grown a lot!!

Have some more welcome :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: , pull up a comfy chair and enjoy!

• Like 8

Hi, welcome to Aven. Hope you enjoy your time here.

Have some :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake:

• Like 2
Gho St Ory Qwan

Welcome to AVEN! Have some customary cake. :cake:

I think you're in the right place. =3

I'm here, and just a bit younger than Sally. I'm usually lurking somewhere around here, seeing what is being said.

Welcome to the forum. I only just turned 50. I don't know if there are enough folks over 50 to make a successful forum of their own. It seems like it takes a certain population of chatty folks to make things happen on a forum. I have no clue what that population has to be but have a feeling there are not enough over 50s to make it tic. I wander what does make for a successful forum. It would be hard for me to define "success". Is it number of posts or is it the content of posts, or a combination of those two things.

Cathy

• Like 5
biromanticseniorgal

Hi and welcome to the 'Oldies' forum. You'll find a few of us 'Older Oldies' around - I'm 62 and I think that Sally's a little older :D Originally it was set up for the older members of AVEN who weren't as computer savvy as the younger members and found the general mania a bit intimidating. Now it's mainly a refuge from the general mania on the board - AVEN has grown a lot!!

Have some more welcome :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: , pull up a comfy chair and enjoy!

Okie, dokie. Thanks Tanwen for the nice welcome here and on the "Welcome" forum. Very nice to have found this place. Take care everyone.

• Like 2
biromanticseniorgal

Hi, welcome to Aven. Hope you enjoy your time here.

Have some :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake:

Thanks so much, will do. Do you know my idol Sir Paul McCartney? Just kidding, but I'd sh-t if you said yes.

biromanticseniorgal

Welcome to the forum. I only just turned 50. I don't know if there are enough folks over 50 to make a successful forum of their own. It seems like it takes a certain population of chatty folks to make things happen on a forum. I have no clue what that population has to be but have a feeling there are not enough over 50s to make it tic. I wander what does make for a successful forum. It would be hard for me to define "success". Is it number of posts or is it the content of posts, or a combination of those two things.

Cathy

Thanks, Cathy. Saw on another topic you're in Mountain View, CA. Lived in Redwood City from mid-80s to mid-90s. Miss the weather but not the traffic. Sorry if this is dup or even trip(?). Just getting used to this social networking thing. Take care.

biromanticseniorgal

Thank you all for your kind welcoming words and for the cake. Y-u-u-m!

biromanticseniorgal

*And fat, calorie and gluten free...oh and vegan too - AVEN :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: is magicla stuff :lol: *

Yay ! Right O-o-o-n! Groovy! Far out! Scrum-dili-isheous!

Tabula Rasa

Welcome biromanticseniorgal! :cake:

I'm half your age (I'll be 30 next year), but I'm thrilled to see older asexuals here who can give their perspectives on sexual experience or lack of it.

• Like 2

It seems like there are a lot of younger (20s,30s,40s) asexuals on this forum. And, that's great! I wish I had come out as asexual at a much younger age. I could have saved myself a lot of heartache. Don't get me wrong, I love younger people. But, I'm 60 and have been out as asexual for over 15 years, having formerly, begrudgingly, disgustingly engaged in sex. I'm so glad to have found AVEN but was hoping to connect with others around my age without having to sift through the numerous topics. Is there a forum for seniors and I just couldn't find it? If not, does anyone else think there should be one?

I have seen a few asexuals over 60 on this forum. They are just not as common, but they are here. Here have some cake :cake::cake:

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
biromanticseniorgal

I have seen a few asexuals over 60 on this forum. They are just not as common, but they are here. Here have some cake :cake::cake:

Yes, I guess we're a dying breed lol. Mmmmm, cake. Delish. Thanks.

• Like 1

I'm new to posting here; this is my first, although I've visited the AVEN site many times. I'm 61. It's good to have a place to be myself.

• Like 2
biromanticseniorgal

I'm new to posting here; this is my first, although I've visited the AVEN site many times. I'm 61. It's good to have a place to be myself.

Welcome to AVEN! I'm also new here. Hope you like it as much as I do. :cake:

biromanticseniorgal

Welcome biromanticseniorgal! :cake:

I'm half your age (I'll be 30 next year), but I'm thrilled to see older asexuals here who can give their perspectives on sexual experience or lack of it.

Thanks, Tabula. Glad to be here.

I understand your need of chating with ''seniors'' but I beleive that there should not be a devision of any kind. The idea of age making a difference in a conversation is false. Even if a younger person hasn't lived long enough to experience what a senior has, the universel truth is in everyone, so the younger ones will feel what you are saying instead of understanding it mentaly.

That's my point of view, I just wanted to share it with you

• Like 2
biromanticseniorgal

I understand your need of chating with ''seniors'' but I beleive that there should not be a devision of any kind. The idea of age making a difference in a conversation is false. Even if a younger person hasn't lived long enough to experience what a senior has, the universel truth is in everyone, so the younger ones will feel what you are saying instead of understanding it mentaly.

That's my point of view, I just wanted to share it with you

Thank you, rafi. Point well taken. I hadn't really thought of it that way. :cake:

biromanticseniorgal

I'm 52. I've identified as asexual since 1975, with a few hiccups along the way.

Hi Alizarin, nice to meet you. :cake:

I'm 52. I've identified as asexual since 1975, with a few hiccups along the way.

Hi Alizarin, nice to meet you. :cake:

Hi Biro. Nice to meet you too. Pm me anytime for a natter. That goes for anyone in the 'older' category xx

• Like 2

Welcome!

I am only 26 but have always gotten along better with people older than myself. Also I find the older asexuals have more in common with me so while I do not intrude on the older forums I read them and gain from them distantly. More of the older asexuals ended up with families of their own than the younger generations on the boards or they kind of "put up" with a sexual life for a time in their life... as the term asexual was not(and still not) as known.

• Like 7
biromanticseniorgal

Welcome!

I am only 26 but have always gotten along better with people older than myself. Also I find the older asexuals have more in common with me so while I do not intrude on the older forums I read them and gain from them distantly. More of the older asexuals ended up with families of their own than the younger generations on the boards or they kind of "put up" with a sexual life for a time in their life... as the term asexual was not(and still not) as known.

I'm so glad you posted Aloren. I'm very new to AVEN but am finding much less of a generation gap here than there sometimes seems to be in the general sexual population. I've been out as asexual for a long time but never felt the need or desire for online social networking until I retired recently. I'm so happy to have found this site where I can be myself on several different forums regardless of apparent ages of many of the posters. I had thought, at first, I may not be able to relate to younger people as regards my asexuality but am thrilled to be learning that is rarely the case.

Being a recovering addict/alcoholic, I'm also a long-time AA gal and feel fortunate when I have an opportunity to offer "experience, strength and hope" for those particular issues on other sites; but, I'm so hoping I can make some sort of meaningful contribution here on AVEN participating in discussions on asexuality while, of course, continuing to increase my own knowledge and understanding - a perennial student that's me. I hope you'll feel as welcomed here as I have and never feel that you're "intruding" on the "older" forums. I'm quite certain I don't speak only for myself when I say, you are definitely welcome here. Please feel free to PM me (still getting used to this lingo) - you know, write me, friend me, etc. I think I posted on one of the forums that my emotional growth probably ceased sometime in my 20s so talking to someone in her (or his, their) 20s wouldn't really be so bizarre, at least not from my perspective. Huge slabs of delicious :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: for you. Take care.

• Like 2

I will surely send you a pm sometime. We can talk books if you are a reader! =)

I do not feel unwelcome. I am fairly new myself and still feeling my way around this board. Though I post on a couple others for fans of certain series and book generes. I also sometimes do things on YouTube. So thats kind of community as well.