The original thread

JJButterworth

I love museums, so I will definitely go check them out.

As for the budget it is very preliminary and I believe that it will balloon like a bad public works project. So any help nailing the budget down is welcomed.

Ok, so this is very, very, very tentative....but I may actually be able to come!

My younger sister is hoping to go to the UK for a few weeks after she graduates next summer, and if it all works out I'll be going with her. So, i'll still be keeping my fingers crossed, but at least now it seems like it might actually work out.

oh - and if I do end up making it, I will totally do the flag-waving thing again. And if anyone else wants to, it's not very complicated. I certainly had no prior expertise. It just makes your arms really sore after a while.

Lol this year there was no room to wave the flag in... at one point we were so packed together we were prodding and being prodded by the Italians behind us and otherwise I was making a spirited attempt (albeit accidentally) to take Joe's eyes out.

What we need to do is walk around you and keep you in a safety bubble so you don't kill anyone.

carried in bags

I love how much attention this has already! I wont be able to help out with a sofa to sleep on as i don't live near, (i will be sofa-sleeping at another friends house) Even tho I'd love to put one of you up for the night. i'll be there tho, as asexy as ever

Can't you make your own designs on the computer? Tesco (and just about everyone else, I should imagine) sell special print paper that can be used to transfer designs onto t-shirts etc.

Can't you make your own designs on the computer? Tesco (and just about everyone else, I should imagine) sell special print paper that can be used to transfer designs onto t-shirts etc.

Yes and several people did precisely that this year and last year. We probably need something more professional looking this time though.

Btw, Tanwen, I was of course joking earlier when I said we were full. If you could make it, that'd be awesome!

Well, if others are going (especially if they aren't ace) it makes it easier to play the 'Well, I'm heterosexual and cis but this is World Pride! It's like a big international carnival that we want go go see' card.

JJButterworth

Well, if others are going (especially if they aren't ace) it makes it easier to play the 'Well, I'm heterosexual and cis but this is World Pride! It's like a big international carnival that we want go go see' card.

In Toronto, the local pride festival transcends the LGBT community and is part of the fabric of the city and not just Church Street (the gay village). The mayor got a heap of grief for not attending, this year. Don't get me started on city funding of pride issue. So, I see no reason that a heterosexual and cis person can't come and have a great time.

Yes and several people did precisely that this year and last year. We probably need something more professional looking this time though.

Btw, Tanwen, I was of course joking earlier when I said we were full. If you could make it, that'd be awesome!

Yes, with my experience of t-shirt printing it's so difficult to make it look nice.

I'm rather with (was it Pandoren?) who said it looks a little boring with all the same t-shirts. I think if we just all agree to make an effort with the ACE colours, then we can look similar but not uniform.

I already have my purple t-shirt. I just need to print something on it.

Guest member31022

In my head, one of our main goals should be to look both tasteful and also be eye catching and worth mention in the press. Because whilst our picture gets taken a lot, finding pics of us after the fact is very very hard. If we can make some of the people amongst us eye catching too that'd be good but that'll be hard without being too contrived. Unless one of us buys a mascot costume that is a cake and uses that lol.

...eye-catching and distinct, you say? I can promise you rainbow hair and a delightful rainbow dress ;)

In my head, one of our main goals should be to look both tasteful and also be eye catching and worth mention in the press. Because whilst our picture gets taken a lot, finding pics of us after the fact is very very hard. If we can make some of the people amongst us eye catching too that'd be good but that'll be hard without being too contrived. Unless one of us buys a mascot costume that is a cake and uses that lol.

...eye-catching and distinct, you say? I can promise you rainbow hair and a delightful rainbow dress ;)

You call that eye-catching and distinct? At Pride? rofl! You'll blend in like camouflage :P

Well, it isn't unusual at Pride, but it'll still be pretty damned awesome.

I was at my home city's Pride this weekend. There were some people handing out bondage tape including one girl dressed entirely in bondage tape from her mid/high thighs to just under her breasts which were completely bare except for a bit of lace over her nipples. There were also about five guys walking around just in really tight briefs that hid almost nothing.

Given that in the morning it had been raining, you gotta hand it to them for not changing into something warmer.

cupcakemichi

Seeing as I'm an international, poor starving uni student, I highly, highly doubt that I'll be able come. Also, seeing as I'd like to be going on a foreign exchange trip about a month after...

But if I'm not, saving up the 2K shouldn't be ridiculously hard...

I WOULD, however, be totally willing to do some hand-painted shirts, or design something for on them (which would be cheaper, shipping wise). With the hand-painted tees (I usually use fabric puffy paint), the shirts cost $5, and one dollar bottle of paint does three shirts (the $5 one I have hasn't run out yet), and a bit of shipping, the shirts are more than affordable. =D $10 (which according to my iPod is 7.10 euros, as of today's rate) would probably do it per shirt, including shipping. With the hand-painted (I know some other people have offered...) The look can stay basically the same, while still looking "together." With the transfers, you can buy a pack of 50 or so for $10 for light coloured shirts, then use permanent markers to personalize them. Those look really nice, too, and can still be made to look like they're part of a set.

As for flyers and pamphlets, I can design those, too. I'm not professional, but I don't think I'm ridiculously terrible, lol.

I definitely want to come! I don't know whether it'll really be possible, but I'm going to try my best.

Great! I really hope it's possible and it happens!

Seeing as I'm an international, poor starving uni student, I highly, highly doubt that I'll be able come.

As for flyers and pamphlets, I can design those, too. I'm not professional, but I don't think I'm ridiculously terrible, lol.

I really hope you manage to find a way of making it, but if not your help would still be invaluable. Thanks!

JJ - yes I'm sure there is, but I don't know what yet. Hopefully we'll be able to start organizing all our ideas better when we have a forum (whether that forum is on AVEN or elsewhere).

Oooo, yes, in leaflet/poster design front - I've got Photoshop and InDesign and I'm not too bad at that stuff. I can't actually draw/paint but other than that *g* I'm good at putting different things together.

I had a doodle for t-shirt designs if we did decided to uniform and I've got an alternative outfit for if we don't. Apart from that, done nothing for it yet.

Me and Ginni are going as a Cake and Nyancat respectively.

WE ARE.

Attending dressed up as Cake is the best idea ever. Not so sure about Nyan cat but the cake for sure.

And oooo Pandoren, wanna share the sketches?

The thread on the idea of the forum didn't seem to collect any 'don't do it' objections and only one skeptic so.... I think it'll happen on AVEN at some point. Hopefully.

I'm no artist and my ideas didn't really come to anything decent lol but I tried anyway!

Herr Joseph von Löthing

WE ARE.

This would be the time to mention that I'm going to ask my mother if I can put Nyancat vinyls on her car.

WE ARE.

This would be the time to mention that I'm going to ask my mother if I can put Nyancat vinyls on her car.

YOU MUST.

PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN.

(IN A CAPSLOCK MOOD)

WE ARE.

YOU MUST.

PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN.

(IN A CAPSLOCK MOOD)

NYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!

I mean... er. Continue on with the actual topic... >_>;;; *slinks away*

The Nyan cat is cute, but I never really got why everyone loves it so much. Other than the fact it's a cat.

perhaps a banner on the forum asking if anyone produces..banners?

If sticking with a home made banner, we could probably borrow the one from SF. If you mean in terms of people designing the graphic to go off to the printer, that'll be something to do once we can get a sub forum and a thread just for banner discussion/planning.

I think currently most of us are just waiting for that.

I think it would be nice to have a banner design competition. The initial designs don't have to be great as long as someone can do a final professional edit of it, but it might be fun and people could give good ideas. We could even pick and mix from ideas.

I don't know whether to pick an aspect of Pride and roll with it or wait to be allocated something to work on. At the moment I've had a headache all day so I'm not thinking about it at all.

Yeah at present I'm trying to sort out the subforum. Once we have that we can go from there.

Oh yeah, have a ton of people have ideas, submit them, discuss them, have a cut off date. Then do another round of submissions based on past discussion or something, cut off date. Then start to narrow down onto final ideas and choice and then get someone good at this sort of thing to take that and make it look pro.

Though we need to decide how big we want it to be first and so on.

Maybe here though we can discuss the different threads we'd need.

I think our present banner by Jic is 1.30m... not sure about height wise.

Hmm... different topics...

Banners...

Placards/slogans...

Travel and accommodation arrangements...

Additional items (like balloons and badges)

Requests ("can anyone do...?" "can anyone supply...?)

Updates thread (so we can keep news and changes of plan in one thread)

I think the banner for world pride should probably be longer. Initially I was thinking of voting for an overhead one, but that brings all sorts of complications and makes the use of the asexy balloons harder.

Maybe 2.5m then?

Leaflets, we need a leaflets thread. We should probably have a co-ordination thread, so that there's a place where they can be brought together so it isn't all, ah, chaotic.

I don't know if we do this as a thread of its own or in the co-ordination thread but we need to have a look at how we can stand out, be memorable and so on. Because as is we see people taking pictures of us, but we don't get any mention in the press, our pictures don't show up in the galleries of the event and so on.

I'm guessing that the condoms stuff would go in with additional items?