The original thread

Leaflets! rofl How did I forget the leaflets???

Yeah, I meant to include something like co-ordination but then forgot. I don't know how we can make ourselves more memorable but this year was definitely a big step up!

Yeah, I don't know how we do it either. A lot of the photos seem to be take of groups that are different. Rollerskates, drag queens with a twist, fantastic make up, music of some sort even. So we have to do something.

Maybe clothing as a threat? Even if we don't have set 'you all must wear this', it'd be a forum to do anything like that in. And if we want to make a few designs that people can choose from if they want to co-ordinate then we could do that there also. Outside of that, just making sure we all match.

Just an idea - feather boas? Maybe try to source some in bulk for cheap? Colours of the a-flag all mixed up, or on sections along the boas, or a mix of 4 single colour ones, maybe? I'd wear one with the 4 colours mixed up. :)

That could be nice. I couldn't wear one though, not with real feathers.

Herr Joseph von Löthing

That could be nice. I couldn't wear one though, not with real feathers.

I very much doubt anything bought for cheap in bulk will have real feathers in. Still, synthetic ones are made from oil, which is compressed dinosaurs. You OK with that? ;)

Most oil is compressed vegetation, so suitable for vegeterians, and dinosaur lovers. ;)

Guest member31022

Yeah, I don't know how we do it either. A lot of the photos seem to be take of groups that are different. Rollerskates, drag queens with a twist, fantastic make up, music of some sort even. So we have to do something.

Maybe clothing as a threat? Even if we don't have set 'you all must wear this', it'd be a forum to do anything like that in. And if we want to make a few designs that people can choose from if they want to co-ordinate then we could do that there also. Outside of that, just making sure we all match.

I can do fabulous makeup on you all pretty easily!

Also, I've just looked on the website at which section we're in, because depending on who is near us we could try different things? So we're near:

Eagle LGBT (IBM), LGBT Notting Hill Housing, The Chartered Society of Physiotheraphy, London Gothic LGBTQA, Uk lesbian and Gay Immigration Group, National Grid LGBT, Financial Ombusman Service, Gay and Lesbian Humanist Association, Asexuality Visability and Education, Leftfooters FC, Galop, The Make a Difference Trust, Sinistra, Ecologia e Liberta.

At a guess, I would say the goths or the leftfooters will be the most stand-out. Beyond this, I'm not sure what exactly to do to stand out but to me that looks like lots of businesses so the condom thing will probably draw us lots of attention?

Maybe we could be.... The Purple Brigade? :lol: All wearing purple? No spacific type of clothing, just make sure it's all, or mostly, purple? That should be within most people's ability, or budget (charity shops can be your best friend cheap chothing wise). And maybe accessorize with purple soft toys!

I can do fabulous makeup on you all pretty easily!

Great!

Also, I've just looked on the website at which section we're in, because depending on who is near us we could try different things? So we're near:

Oh you must be looking at the arrangement for the Pride London just gone. The registration for Worldpride is not open yet, as far as I know. We certainly don't have a set position yet. Plus, if Worldpride is anything like the regular Pride Londons, the positions are never strictly adhered to, and the actual rule is that everyone goes where they can find space.

Guest member31022

Ahhh, fair enough then, might have got confused.

Something awesome via tumblr - someone suggested 'Group X' as a superhero team and I had the idea that we should all totally go as superheroes.

Or not.

I might anyway ;)

I do think I will try and make an awesome costume (I'm currently think big huge 50s poofy dress in appropriate colours and all the glittery makeup ever), so nearer the time when I know my workload, I might take a couple of requests if people are struggling for appropriate attire too?

Well, everyone wearing purple is a given must. But there should be something beyond that with the 'just purple' being the fallback for those who can't do anything else but that.

And ooo, makeup! If you could! I mean, you'd have to figure out a few options so it's good for everyone. I don't mind wearing some in Pride but any time anybody else has ever put makeup on me (I don't wear it usually and don't know how to apply most of it) the mascara and stuff always looks way OTT and..... point is some people will be okay with bolder stuff, others with more subtle stuff. But if you can deal with that...

Btw, Tanwen, I was of course joking earlier when I said we were full. If you could make it, that'd be awesome!

Awww...I know that michael hug.gif I have to wait until the holiday booking window opens to see if I can get the time off... :)

I don't think it's possible to be full. If we get 100 people we wouldn't be full, we'd just be even more awesome!

And also more complicated... and if we ended up in a restaurant they'd have a hell of a time serving us :P

As a fall-back option, I've found a black, white and purple dress I think would be nice to wear, but if people really are going to go dressed as cake, superheroes and nyan cat, I'm going to look so boring :P

I don't know if I can get hold of vegan face paints... there probably are some somewhere, will have to look.

JJButterworth

if people really are going to go dressed as cake, superheroes and nyan cat, I'm going to look so boring :P

If that is the case than I too will look boring. Although, I like the idea.

Btw, Tanwen, I was of course joking earlier when I said we were full. If you could make it, that'd be awesome!

Awww...I know that michael hug.gif I have to wait until the holiday booking window opens to see if I can get the time off... :)

Aaah. I forgot you work Saturdays. :( *hugs*

Still, I'm excited that you may be able to make it. I'll put your name down! (So far the list is "interested" not "definitely can make".)

• 2 weeks later...

OK I'm going to lock this thread and later, when I have a bit of time, move the posts from it to individual threads that I'll make.

If anyone has any objections to this, please PM me. I will be saving a copy of the entire thread before I do anything, so if at any point you'd like a copy in html format, just send me a PM.