Would you be okay with letting your significant other seek sex elsewhere?

Idraena

1. 1. Would you be okay with letting your SO seek sex elsewhere?

• Yes, I would be absolutely fine with that
    • Yes, but I would be concerned that they would develop a deeper emotional connection with the person they're having sex with and leave me
    • No, I absolutely would never be okay with that

This poll is closed to new votes

MissingInAction

I would absolutely not be okay with this. Quite honestly, it would make me feel like I'm just not good enough for my partner. That, and from what I've seen, sex often comes with SOME kind of attachment, and I don't think I would be able to bear the possibility that my partner may leave me for the person he's having sex with: especially if I've been in the relationship for a while and have genuinely fallen in love.

Even though the idea of having sex freaks me out personally, I will admit that if I was in a committed, long-term relationship and had been very emotionally intimate with someone, I may be willing to talk about compromising so that the both of us are able to be happy. As you will hear from many other asexual/sexual couples: communication is key. So long as my sexual partner communicates with me and lets me know his feelings, I'd be willing to work so that both of our needs are met.

To me, if you really love someone and feel something is lacking in your relationship, just talk to them. I'm one of those people that would be extremely willing to listen and take steps to make things work in a close relationship.

I kind of go back and forth on this one, especially since it would be so difficult to find an asexual partner. I suppose it would probably be OK with me if he had an arrangement with someone, but I think it all comes down to who my significant other is. ;) I would consider this one on a case-by-case basis.

My logical side would be okay with it. I cant speak for my (admittedly small) romantic/emotional side though. :/

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organization, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to re-start new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

Lady Girl, Moderator

Archived