Emotional Intelligence

Symbiont

1. 1. What is your Emotional Intelligence Quotient?

• 0 - 20
    • 21 - 40
    • 41 - 60
    • 61 - 80
    • 81 - 100

This poll is closed to new votes

I got 67 (=the long test) but I honestly feel that it should be much higher.. might have been that some questions were extremely difficult to answer as they lacked more valid options.

I have to agree; many of the questions had a very simplified range of responses and I often found that my actual response to a situation didn't really match any of choices given.

I got 78 on the long test, BTW.

89/100, long test I assume. It took forever.

"The core ability of identifying, perceiving and expressing emotions in yourself and others is an area where you seem to be doing quite well. This aspect of emotional intelligence helps you to read others, understand how they feel, and effectively identify your own emotions. These skills form the basis of your ability to relate to the emotions of others as well as well as your ability to understand yourself."

Seems pretty accurate for me.

46 on the long test, 51 on the short one.

Seems about right, I guess. Whilst I really hate social situations, I suppose I can read emotions if I need to. Somewhat.

68. Seems right.

Although for the picture portion I kept wanting there to be a "horny" option for all the male characters. I guess that says something about my perceptions of men... :lol:

Emotional Identification, Perception, and Expression

(That's 'cause I was honest and didn't try to manipulate the results :) )

I got a 48 on the short test. Though I have high empathy and extremely high sensory perception, I've never been able to read the more nuanced emotions, so 48 is probably pretty accurate. I might take the longer version when I have some more time.

• 3 weeks later...

I can't believe I got a 75 on the short test. I don't really want to have a high emotional intelligence. 68 on the long test.

69 on the short one.

Your Emotional IQ is good - higher than average in fact. This means that, in general, you are able to express your feelings clearly in appropriate situations. You are optimistic and positive, and adapt well to altering circumstances. You are comfortable with yourself, and you know and appreciate your talents and strong points as well as your weaknesses. You are able to motivate yourself, and find the energy and the strength necessary to complete what you need to do to reach your goals. You are one of the resilient people who bounce back after major drawbacks, survive hardship without bitterness, and still manage to empathize with others. These skills will certainly bring you long-term benefits such as stronger relationships, better health and personal happiness.

Wow....ok, did not expect that. I think there was just a pinch of truth in about 2 or 3 of those sentences .

I anticipated a low result. 42. Not as low as I thought. I read people fine, quite well actually. I ask them questions and they wonder how I knew "what they were thinking". <_< But when it comes to understanding emotions, it may as well be in Japanese, cause I have no freaking clue.

I got a 36 on the short one, which seems a tad more like me.

• 4 weeks later...
Chrysanthalis

I got a 33 on the long test.

Your results indicate that you need to work on improving the skills that can help you identify, perceive and express emotions in yourself and others. Difficulties in this area of emotional intelligence can hinder your ability to read others, to understand how they feel, and to effectively identify your own emotions. Lacking these skills could mean that you struggle to relate to others and may sometimes even question why you yourself behave the way you do. Review the results below for further information in order to identify where improvement is recommended.

I didn't really feel like taking the short test. <_<

I was kind of confused during the portion that asked me to identify the emotions of the people in the photographs. Wouldn't you have to know more about the situation than what they tell you? Or is that just me? Anyway, I find it easier to predict what the person's response will be than to actually decide what they're feeling, somehow.

So maybe it doesn't interfere in my everyday life too much?

I (technically) have Asperger's Syndrome, though my parents never got me a formal diagnosis because they didn't want to "label" me. Stupid parents. :angry:

I anticipated a low result but 26! Didn't see that one coming.

I know I have a hard time comprehending emotions but I know what they are and how they are shown.

But some of the questions didn't have the answer I wanted to give and I think I over analyzed it (especially the pictures) to the point of confusing myself.

Took the short one scored 26 there too.

Although for the picture portion I kept wanting there to be a "horny" option for all the male characters. I guess that says something about my perceptions of men... :lol:

Especially the one with the guy and girl on the bench. That one had all my alarm bells going off but the options for the questions were so nonchalant. Wtf?

Janus the Fox

42 and average on the short test

75... Higher than I expected.

Might be because I'm interested in psychology ^_^

• 2 months later...

63, pretty much what I expected.

I think the problem is I just don't care about feelings all that much... especially when the questions were asking what I would do if my friend had just broken up with his girlfriend, or how I would react to being made to wait for things. I just wouldn't care that much...

Also, when it asked how happy I am with life. I don't really describe my life in terms of happiness, I just don't care to. If anything, I describe it based on intensity of experience (having adventures and whatnot) and maybe describe certain situations in terms of happiness.

If I could, I think I'd most like to be a Vulcan.

nielsbohr

53 did the short test. This has gotta be one of the most pointless things I've ever wasted my time on. Forty minutes down the toilet.

In all honesty, this is my level of emotional intelligence:

spock3.jpg

I may not act like a Vulcan, but I feel like we have a similar level of "emotional intelligence", whatever the hell that means. Live long and prosper.

Long test, 82/100.

Many parts of the test had me doubt its accuracy, especially questions that seemed to take and required me to take a moral stance. Whether an act goes against what the maker of the test considers ethical ought not have any bearing on whether the act is intelligent or not.

78 on the long test.

Bye Bye Birdy

83 here. I'm happy with that result! I think it's a pretty good skill to have in the theatre world, but something I can always be improving upon.

• 2 weeks later...

Did the long one, got 30/100. Higher than I expected, actually. I suck at all this emotion stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I guess reading lots and lots of novels and having some knowledge about psychology can help.

The jealousy questions completely threw me. From what I know, I think it's supposed to match with bitter. The other one, though...no idea O.o

78/100 on the long test. I think I read others very well when I wan to; I just don't care toDX

67 on the long test

As for "Jealousy is . . ." question that seems so out of place, I think it's testing being about to adequately describe what you're feeling. You really have to compare and contrast the abstract and what you've felt physically in order to come up with an answer. But I'm not the test maker, so I'm likely wrong. :/

SexNotHaver

I got 48, but I'm indecisive, so it's hard for me to answer questions like those.

Archived