Emotional Intelligence

Symbiont

1. 1. What is your Emotional Intelligence Quotient?

• 0 - 20
    • 21 - 40
    • 41 - 60
    • 61 - 80
    • 81 - 100

This poll is closed to new votes

64, however i am unsure if it was the long or short test. considering i got asperger's syndrome i am quite happy.

I took that once... Can't remember my exact score but it was abysmally low. Which I attribute mainly to Asperger's, rather than asexuality.

Long test, 65. Frankly, I'm surprised it was that high. I found a lot of the questions really hard to answer, especially those long ones like "What shouldthis person do/what would you do in their place?" None of the answers really fitted.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
The Original Sue

As I understand it, the test scores are out of 100%, correct? But after some research, I found that apparently EIQ goes to well over 100...Could anyone tell me what number 100% EIQ would correspond to, so that we'd know our exact EIQ in proportion to that? Thank you so much to anyone who can help! :-)

(For refrence, I got an 84%, which the quiz said was exceptionally good, but an 84 straight as an EIQ score is miserable, so I'm very confused...)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

32 on the long test. Probably not applicable to me though, since my emotions have been wrecked by schizophrenia.

• 4 weeks later...

I got a 29 on the long test. Honestly, this doesn't surprise me. Do I win a prize?

• 4 weeks later...

I got 36 in the long one, I'm not surprised since I have always been rubbish at reading people and understanding emotions!

I got 74. I expected higher to be honest. I'm usually pretty good at understanding emotions, even though I'm not emotional myself. At lot of the questions were based on personal reaction "what would you do if...." I may have an awareness of what would happen with a certain reaction and still not choose the "best" choice.

I'm not quite sure what this quiz was trying to show.

50 on the long test.

"

Your results indicate that you need to work on improving the skills that can help you identify, perceive and express emotions in yourself and others. Difficulties in this area of emotional intelligence can hinder your ability to read others, to understand how they feel, and to effectively identify your own emotions. Lacking these skills could mean that you struggle to relate to others and may sometimes even question why you yourself behave the way you do. Review the results below for further information in order to identify where improvement is recommended."
  • 3 weeks later...

Got an 82. I think what's most important is when you read over the questions, you can let the hypothetical situations sink in. Then if something similar occurs in your life, you can think back to the list of possible actions you can take. Take the time to stay calm (regulate your own emotions) and evaluate the situation. Think about it from different perspectives. Consider your ethics and morals, and possible outcomes. Seek advice from those you trust. Only then can you make an informed decision. When we practice these steps over and over, we become better decision-makers and gain better a command of our emotions. :)

I was able to gain this type of thinking from "dialectical behavior therapy," which is very helpful and I highly recommend. While it may seem obvious when you read about it, it can take months or years to fully adapt it into your life. This was very, very beneficial for me and I must say that if this quiz revealed any emotional issues for you, DBT may be worth checking out for you! ^_^ Please read more here: http://psychcentral.com/lib/2007/an-overview-of-dialectical-behavior-therapy/all/1/

52 on the test with 146 questions. I apparently have a very basic grasp on emotions which was entirely expected to be perfectly honest. I already know I am rubbish with emotions. Which is why its such a surprise that I am competent at writing emotional poems and stories. (Which have a habit of making people cry.)

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organization, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to re-start new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

Lady Girl, Moderator

Archived