Kinsey

After having seen this name mentioned a few times I trawled the internet for references.

Although I suspect for entertainment and so many parts will be factional, there was a film made about Kinsey of which Liam Neeson plays the main role. Unfortuneatly it's only on U.K. channel Film Four on Thursday 23rd June at 11:05 pm. Might be worth a look if the Kinsey side of things is of interest?

. . .but there are sounds

My friend owns a copy of this film, I keep meaning to borrow it but I still haven't gotten around to it.

asexual cake

The film is, arguably, not the best for aces. It fails to mention the X's of the Kinsey Scale (or at least I have no recollection of them mentioning X's, even though they touch on the 0-6 scale just before Kinsey has sex with his assistant), and only has one person in the montage of interviews Kinsey and his team conducted in the early '50s who might seem to qualify. The film is mostly about sex and the study of it, with not an asexuality mention to be seen.

I read somewhere that Kinsey was aware of asexuality, but I doubt a movie would make mention of it. Seems like today movies are just about three things: 1. sex, 2. things blowing up, and 3. sex. Doesn't make for good entertainment, unless you like to see stuff blowing up.

Asexuality isn't mentioned in the film, if i recall correctly. I've seen it a few years ago and it's mostly about breaking the taboo of sex during the time Kinsey conducted his research and sex itself. But it's still pretty funny, with what kind of problems sexual people are/were concerned with ^^