Don't you just want someone to cuddle up to in bed?

misscuriosity

misscuriosity

I guess I'm just really lonely, but every night when I go to bed, I want someone whom I could just cuddle up to in bed. Nothing sexual, but I just want to be with someone, like how a little kid wants to keep his / her teddy bear in bed.

There's this guy friend I have kind of started liking, and he's single. I'm not interested in getting into another relationship any time soon since I broke up with my ex not too long ago, but I wonder if he would be willing to just lay down with me if I explain I am asexual. I know this may sound strange, maybe I'm just a strange person, but I just thought it'd be nice to have a guy I sorta like laying down with me at night without anything sexual. He enjoys my company every time we hang out, so he doesn't dislike me.

Kurai-Tenshi_Niks

There are some days where I wish there was a particular person to cuddle with, other days I just relish the fact I have a bed to myself.

Asexy Existentialist

Yes. My girlfriend.

But only if we have air conditioning because it's mother truckin' hot in here.

Cuddlesome friendships certainly exist, whether your asexual or not. My two best friends have always been very touchy-feely with each other, with no sex or romance involved.

As someone who doesn't feel comfortable cuddling with anyone but my fiancé, I can't really say how one initiates platonic cuddling... All I can say is that it's a perfectly normal thing! ^_^

misscuriosity

Yes. My girlfriend.

LOL

Asexy Existentialist

Yes. My girlfriend.

LOL

Assuming she doesn't want to wake up in an ocean of sweat, anyway.

Maybe you could invest in a giant yoshi, OP?

Only on the bed? ;) I'd happily cuddle anywhere with anyone who isn't sending off creepy "I'm going to sneakily grope/molest you" vibes. :lol:

On the couch, on a bus, under a tree, in the tub....Ok now I'm feeling lonely. :(

I guess I'm just really lonely, but every night when I go to bed, I want someone whom I could just cuddle up to in bed. Nothing sexual, but I just want to be with someone, like how a little kid wants to keep his / her teddy bear in bed.

No, I get EXACTLY what you mean! I've felt like that too, sometimes I'd like to just lay in bed and hug or cling to someone, nothing sexual involved - BUT

a) I got no one

b) I sleep in a bunk bed. I don't think there's space for two people up here xD

But yeah...cuddles and hugs, ideal ace relationship for me ;///v///; if it ever happens LOL

misscuriosity

Cuddlesome friendships certainly exist, whether your asexual or not. My two best friends have always been very touchy-feely with each other, with no sex or romance involved.

As someone who doesn't feel comfortable cuddling with anyone but my fiancé, I can't really say how one initiates platonic cuddling... All I can say is that it's a perfectly normal thing! ^_^

Cuddlesome friendships sound great to me. I just don't know how to ask my him, and I'm afraid of his reaction. He's a cool guy, but he's very shy and quiet. I know he's single and he listens to the same kind of music I do and we have a lot in common, but we have never actually talked about each others' past relationships or anything personal, so I don't even know how many people he's ever dated, what kind of girls he likes, his views on relationships, etc. Maybe I should start bringing that kind of subject first.

cthuvianace

Platonic cuddling is the best! I had an awesome platonic cuddle buddy, but then I moved, and now I need a new one...

Cuddling is my favorite.

.diva plavalaguna.

Yes, I do. I want them to be mine, I want to care for them and I want that kind of affection from them. It's one of the few kinds of affection that doesn't make me want to black somebody's eye. But, no luck.

misscuriosity

But yeah...cuddles and hugs, ideal ace relationship for me ;///v///; if it ever happens LOL

YES, Ideal Ace Relationship.

Yes! My husband is not a cuddler, unfortunately. My BFF lives so far away, but if he were nearby, we'd totally cuddle it up everywhere! I'd just simply not let go if he were in range. We cuddle it up over chat while we're talking about our days. It's not the same as if it were really happening with us both in the same room, but it's still very lovely. It helps a lot with the loneliness we both have and I adore every second even if it's in chat only.

Getting so desperate for hugs and cuddling lately that I've nearly gone next door to get the neighbors to hug on me. I'm too shy though.

Yes! It felt so much better when my former best friend would just be here, either next to me in bed, or on the floor next to my bed. I'm not comfortable with physical contact, though I sometimes long for it... *is lonely*

misscuriosity

Okay, now could anyone give me any suggestions, please?

1) First of all, I need to let him know that I like him more than just a friend, right? What's the best way to tell this very quiet, shy guy about how I feel? I'm afraid of ruining our new, good friendship, so I really need to figure out the best way.

2) Then, I need to tell him about my asexuality... but how can I even start?

3) Lastly, how should I start a conversation and ask him if he's willing to have a Cuddle-and-Hug friendship with me from now on?

I hope he won't find me weird.

Asexy Existentialist

Only on the bed? ;) I'd happily cuddle anywhere with anyone who isn't sending off creepy "I'm going to sneakily grope/molest you" vibes. :lol:

On the couch, on a bus, under a tree, in the tub....Ok now I'm feeling lonely. :(

I change my answer to this actually.

misscuriosity

Guys.... you all understand me more than any friends I have in real life. I appreciate all of your replies. I wish we all could hang out in real life. It would be fun.

Matters Of The Heart

................in the tub?

misscuriosity

I reread it and was thinking the same thing... In the tub???

Asexy Existentialist

Never said anything about being naked. And it's probably cooler in there, temp-wise.

misscuriosity

Never said anything about being naked. And it's probably cooler in there, temp-wise.

You care so much about temperature. That is funny.

toBeDeleted

If I liked that person very very much, knew everything about him/her and so did that person then yea, cuddling would be great.

To me that's love.

misscuriosity

Okay, now could anyone give me any suggestions, please?

1) First of all, I need to let him know that I like him more than just a friend, right? What's the best way to tell this very quiet, shy guy about how I feel? I'm afraid of ruining our new, good friendship, so I really need to figure out the best way.

2) Then, I need to tell him about my asexuality... but how can I even start?

3) Lastly, how should I start a conversation and ask him if he's willing to have a Cuddle-and-Hug friendship with me from now on?

I hope he won't find me weird.

Anyone?

I'd help you if I wasn't already trying to arrange stuff like that for myself. I was able to convince one of my friends to go to a movie with me and just cuddle, but she's busy all the time, so I haven't gotten a repeat yet. Much luck to you, though!

FrozenCherry

Yes. Except I am obsessive kisser so cuddling and kissing for me :D My mother just send me pic of ndns and I sent message for her : BRING ME ONE!!!! :wub:

Guest Invisible Pumpkin

Thats a bit hard situation misscuriosity, maybe in some moment he will want to get a bit more of you :angry: But you should try to explain, to se how that works, the worse that could happen its that you fall in love of him and he will have another gf because he cannot be with you :( -_-

Im up for cuddles!!! Just for people to know, i can send myself in a box if you are far of me :wub: LOL

FrozenCherry

Im up for cuddles!!! Just for people to know, i can send myself in a box if you are far of me :wub: LOL

Damn Yummy, you are my dream girl :wub:

There's this guy friend I have kind of started liking, and he's single. I'm not interested in getting into another relationship any time soon since I broke up with my ex not too long ago, but I wonder if he would be willing to just lay down with me if I explain I am asexual.

I wouldn't ask him to. It's almost sure he will misunderstand or profit of you. If you get into a regular relationship and then you explain him that you're asexual, that could do, but not as a "teddy bear" with no romance behind it.

On the topic question, I love cuddles very much. I have slept (i.e. literally slept, with pyjamas) with my boyfriend more times than I can remember, both at night and during the day, when we just felt tired and wanted a nap. I've never done this with anyone else, and I wouldn't, not even if I had the chance. It's something very intimate for me - something I loved a lot, perhaps what I loved the most about our relationship. I'm so sad now that it's gone.

Archived