What's it like to be 'aroused'

Miss Minty

I hope anyone who might be offended by the content of this post will see the title and decide not to continue...

First, is there a difference between 'aroused', 'turned on', and 'horny'? Because I'm asking about all of them. For males I suppose it is a matter of a flow of blood to a certain organ, and for females apparently there's some... lubrication. But I mean, the FEELING. Does it feel good, bad, uncomfortable, annoying...? And would a sexual person describe the feeling differently? I'm rather curious to know whether I have experienced it or not, and whether I would even recognize it if i did.

I don't want to sound silly by suggesting this might be it, but I'm just wondering... Sometimes when sitting or lying down I feel sort of uncomfortable, mainly my legs. I move them around, press them together or move them apart, they just feel generally restless, like there's something I'm supposed to be doing and am not. I feel ridiculous for even typing all that. I'm going to press Post and go to sleep, check this tomorrow when I'm not embarrassed anymore...

If that was arousal, you'd know about it. Seems like you were just restless to me... arousal is very definitely confined to a certain area ;)

I'm not quite sure I know the words to describe what arousal feels like or, if I did, whether I could cope with the personal TMI :D

SquirrelCat

According to my sex addict friend it’s Warm

As for your legs I suggest looking up something called RLS (Restless legs syndrome). I have it and your description sounds a lot like what I go through.

Miss Minty

According to my sex addict friend it’s Warm

As for your legs I suggest looking up something called RLS (Restless legs syndrome). I have it and your description sounds a lot like what I go through.

Thanks Ilyusha. I did think briefly that having 'restless' and 'legs' in the same sentence might relate to RLS, but I'd always thought that only related to sleep, before ypu suggested it and I looked it up. Yes, it seems to fit much more than anyone's description of being 'horny' I've ever heard... haha. Well, I feel even sillier now, but my original question still stands about what it DOES feel like. 'Warm', hmm? Well I feel warm if I have a fever or if it is warm in my environment d: I understand it's not your information, but any clarification?

Oh geez...

TMI

*blushes* Well, it's sort of a feeling where you are warm and moist in the downstairs department and its yelling at you "notice meeee!" You might get an urge for it to come into contact with stuff, to stimulate the persistent feeling. I guess it sort of tingles, although I'm not sure that's the right word for it. In a way, it's not dissimilar from feeling like you need the toilet a little...

Male here, so my perspective might be a bit different, but... When I'm aroused, there's a warmth, a fullness, a sense of pressure, and increased sensitivity. Not necessarily an erection (Although one does qualify), but at least a sense that there could be an erection if that region decided one was needed. I tend to use "aroused" and "turned on" mostly interchangably, because arousal feels like a power switch down there has been turned on and it's now ready for use, while most of the time, that area is turned off and goes largely unnoticed, as if it were just an arm or a leg.

"Horny", in my view, has always implied an active and all-consuming desire to have sex. I have no idea what that feels like, having never experienced anything like that.

Male arousal TMI:

In some cases of arousal, usually when one is aroused for a period of time, there may even be production of a few drops of a pre-ejaculate lubricating fluid, leading to wetness even in males. Nowhere near the amount of lubrication produced by females, though.

I'm a male, and I get aroused all the time, although my libido is not that high.

Well, the best discription I can give to you is that I all know is that I want to touch myself "down there" and

rub my penis up and down, usually until I ejaculate.

I hope that helped.

I don't feel any warmth or increased sensitivity or anything like that personally. I just feel that it is hard, and it is kinda annoying like a small muscle twitch but it isn't painful like one.

____

Male

There is blood flowing there for women too. It feels a bit swollen due to it, but in a good way. Blood also goes to your lips, making them darker and redder. For the rest, you might want to take a look at the "For Sexual Partners, Friends and Allies" category as a bunch of sexuals (including me) have answered that question in a few threads.

I wonder if we should make a "sexual FAQ" that would group together the questions most asked to sexuals and a brief answer. I might work on my version of it actually...