Possibly bi-romantic?

Great Thief Yatagarasu

Great Thief Yatagarasu

Okay, so most of my crushes have been boys - I do tend to find them more aesthetically attractive, and I find it easier to fall in love with them. However, I've had a crush on a female teacher before (she was my music teacher, and she was like a more energetic version of Will Schuester from Glee), and I think I'm in love with a close female friend on mine. She's a few years older than me and is in university, so I don't see her often, but when I do...I just want to hug her all the time, and I just think she's so special. I DO get to hug her a lot, since she likes hugs and doesn't mind me doing it, and I just feel great when I do. Now that I think about it, we pretty much have a romantic friendship, since we hug near constantly. I don't intend to tell her this, though, since I treasure our friendship too much and I'm pretty sure she's straight. Also, I think I like things the way it is - I don't need to have a deeper relationship with her, and I'll probably get over it, especially since I have a male friend who I like being close to as well.

But I just don't know whether this girl is just a one-off crush, or whether I'm bi-romantic. Thing is, I've not come out to my mum yet (I was going to wait until I get into a relationship, or for it to come up in conversation), and I'm afraid if I am bi-romantic, since, while she's sympathetic to gays and lesbians, she doesn't "get" bisexuals and thinks that they're just "greedy people who like sex". When my sister came out to her as bi, she just went "oh, don't be silly!", and now, whenever the issue comes up, she just says that she doesn't get it, and she generally just pretends that my sister's straight (she has a boyfriend, so I suppose it's easy for her to pretend that). It'd be difficult enough explaining to her that I'm an ace; what if I bring a girl home later on in my life? I don't want her to be disappointed in me.

Member33070

I would give it some more time to fully decide. One question you should ask when you have a crush or squish is, "Okay, so I like this person a lot - but would I want to have a romantic relationship with them? Am I truly in love?" People have all sorts of boundaries, but would you be comfortable with more romantic hugs, kissing, cuddling, etc. - or does this just seem like a really close friendship where hugs are OK?

I often wonder if I'm biromantic as well. I've known that I'm ace for 6 years, and still get confused on this bit. *shrug* You don't have to label yourself right now. If a relationship starts to form, you can just go with the flow. :)

Archived