Any young asexuals 13-19 on here?

DemiDee

CaptNemo131

19, hetero-romantic, hetero-platonic, demi-sexual here.

I'm so happy to find this forum. I knew I was disinterested in sex from basically the beginning of puberty. I 'take care of myself', if you understand what I mean, but I have no real desire to be sexually active. I was afraid to admit I was an ace because I thought it meant no sex, ever. But after a little research (and some online quizzes, lol) I found out about demisexuality, and realized it's a perfect label for me. I'm not afraid of labels, in fact I love them. They help me describe my kind of obscure sexuality to everyone around me. I am really only getting used to this new found self, but college has helped me change alot of my views on things. I find platonic relationships with girls more rewarding than anything else, and I don't find myself attracted to a girl I know nothing about. I have doubted if I was homo-romantic/sexual for a long time, but realizing that I've never been in a sexual or romantic relationship, I find being a demi a comfortable middle ground. I wish it was one of those things I could bring up, instead of hiding it. I have gay friends who have the 'coming out' story that they tell, but asexuality has a strange 'elephant in the room' feel to it. I guess it's just one of those things that I know about myself, but no one else needs to, unless it comes up. Still figuring things out, but at least I know that I'm different and that I'm not alone in this difference.

cupcakemichi

I'm 18.

I just discovered asexuality, but after a few days of though (read: two) I decided that my sexuality had been found. It was a bit odd at first, but I think I feel pretty at home with myself. I always knew that I wasn't a very sexual person, and I could never figure out what the big deal with sex was, anyway. Well... now I know it's not just me. =P

I'm fairly disappointed that AVEN didn't have a young group but then again I probably wouldn't fit in with my age group. -_- My dad even thinks I have the mind of a 40 year old.

Theaetetus

*Waves* Hi, I'm 14.

Wow, I didn't think there would be so many 14 & 15 Asexuals. It's great to be here :D

Effanineffable

Nineteen. Still looking into a/sexuality, but I think a younger-younger forum would be very useful to maybe the 0-16 range? Or something?

• 2 weeks later...
Conquerdontbow

I'm 17. *waves hello*

I feel like there might not be a "young asexuals" section because we're still balancing out our hormones and as that happens our sex drives/interest may change. I'm not in any way saying anyone here isn't validly asexual, only repeating things people around me have said.

BecomeTheFuture

I'm seventee--oh wait, my birthday was two weeks ago. I'm 18 now D=

Conquerdontbow

Happy belated birthday!

Ive been 19 for a few weeks now....

Another belated 'happy birthday' here!

19, possible assexual. I'm discovering things as of late :)

NothingHere

19, hetero-romantic, hetero-platonic, demi-sexual here.

I'm so happy to find this forum. I knew I was disinterested in sex from basically the beginning of puberty. I 'take care of myself', if you understand what I mean, but I have no real desire to be sexually active. I was afraid to admit I was an ace because I thought it meant no sex, ever. But after a little research (and some online quizzes, lol) I found out about demisexuality, and realized it's a perfect label for me. I'm not afraid of labels, in fact I love them. They help me describe my kind of obscure sexuality to everyone around me. I am really only getting used to this new found self, but college has helped me change a lot of my views on things. I find platonic relationships with girls more rewarding than anything else, and I don't find myself attracted to a girl I know nothing about. I have doubted if I was homo-romantic/sexual for a long time, but realizing that I've never been in a sexual or romantic relationship, I find being a demi a comfortable middle ground. I wish it was one of those things I could bring up, instead of hiding it. I have gay friends who have the 'coming out' story that they tell, but asexuality has a strange 'elephant in the room' feel to it. I guess it's just one of those things that I know about myself, but no one else needs to, unless it comes up. Still figuring things out, but at least I know that I'm different and that I'm not alone in this difference.

Well, I'm glad to see you're figuring yourself out! I definitely agree that asexuality has a sort of 'elephant-in-the-room' feel, as you put it. The people who accept it usually accept it wholeheartedly, with support, while others deny it vehemently and are total asses about it. It's kinda weird, but on the other hand, it's probably like that for all non-hetero orientations.

And, in response to the title, I'm 16.

• 3 weeks later...
The Vampire Queen

I'm 19. I've only very recently begun to identify as ace.

kelseygurl

I'm 15, and ace! I didn't know there were so many teens here...maybe they should make a younger asexuals section? I dont know, sometimes I feel like a lot of AVENites are much...well...older. I think thats just my mental immaturity, though.

I'm 19 but the hostess at restaurants still try to give me the kids menu. :(

kelseygurl

I'm 19 but the hostess at restaurants still try to give me the kids menu. :(

Lol, same here

Blunderbuss

YAY awesomeness! I'm 16 :P God, so young xD And I'm damn sure I'm asexual and I can cope with it quite well.

:D

This thread is sooo cool!

:cake:

^^ This happens when I occasionally turn off my brain.

I'm 17 almost 18 and I am a pan-demiromantic demisexual

Archived