Any young asexuals 13-19 on here?

DemiDee

I think we should get an own forum like the older asexuals. Who agrees? :D

People say that all the time. I mean, that would be cool but I think most people on here are already pretty young like college age, 17-22

19 and first post :)

cake spam :D

:cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake:

(19 if you were wondering ;) )

I'm 16, dudes! Although i'm not really sure that i'm asexual and am just questioning...

• 3 weeks later...
hannahkin_skywalker

I'm 16! A big issue we younger aces have is people not believing us. They shunt us aside and say we're "late bloomers" or we'll "find the one for us one day." It gets very, very old.

I'm 16! A big issue we younger aces have is people not believing us. They shunt us aside and say we're "late bloomers" or we'll "find the one for us one day." It gets very, very old.

Totally agree.

And I'm 17, by the way.

Institutionilized

I'm 16 and declared myself a hetero-romantic asexual about 2 months ago. =P I've grown a lot in confidence since then; and happy to hear you've joined this site! Have some :cake: and congratulations on finding your demisexuality! ^_^

Institutionilized

Will someone please give this person a medal and some :cake: ? You, person, are so absolutely spot on, right down to being called a "late bloomer". What would 2 years of growing up change in sexuality anyway? Exactly. <_<

17!!! :)

just wonder if there was no internet!!

hannahkin_skywalker

Will someone please give this person a medal and some :cake: ? You, person, are so absolutely spot on, right down to being called a "late bloomer". What would 2 years of growing up change in sexuality anyway? Exactly. <_<

:cake: to you for Pokemon appreciation. We're a very sexual society out here in the USA, if not normally, then as of the last century or so. Honestly, if children who are eleven and twelve have active enough libidos to have sex (not bringing in the issue of peer pressure here right now), then who is to say a sixteen year-old cannot decide they're indifferent about it? You, unnamed John Q Public, will admit that pre-teens and younger can decide they're sexual, but not that older teenagers can decide they're asexual/grey-a/demi/what-have-you?

I literally know of only two people who will acknowledge that I may be right in what I believe myself to be-- one is a very open gay cisgendered male, and one is a heterosexual cisgendered male whose father is gay. Isn't it sad that the only people who are willing to believe us are people who have had their minds open by contact with an opressed minority?

I'll stop my rant here. >.>

I do think we younger aces/greys/demis should have a seperate set of fora. It really would help us explore ourselves, in my view.

Edit: Grammatical mistake >.<

hannahkin_skywalker

Totally agree.

And I'm 17, by the way.

How long have you considered yourself openly asexual/etc? I'm curious how people have treated you over the years, if it's been a while. (Sorry if that sounds nosy DX ) I've only considered myself ace for a few months, although I've known something was "off" for years.

Totally agree.

And I'm 17, by the way.

I'm 18 and I'm not out as asexual yet (apart from to a couple of close friends) but for me most people just assume I'm "picky" eugh. So I totally feel your pain!

don't know If I already posted here :redface:

16 years old.

Totally agree.

And I'm 17, by the way.

How long have you considered yourself openly asexual/etc? I'm curious how people have treated you over the years, if it's been a while. (Sorry if that sounds nosy DX ) I've only considered myself ace for a few months, although I've known something was "off" for years.

I've been openly ace for 4 ish years to my close friends, and two years to my mom. My friends have treated me quite well, some of them even come to me for advice about relationships (perhaps because they consider me "clear-headed"?). My mother did not react well at first, but accepts it now and is very supportive, even offering to walk in SF Pride with me.

I also always knew I was "off". :)

hannahkin_skywalker

Totally agree.

And I'm 17, by the way.

I've been openly ace for 4 ish years to my close friends, and two years to my mom. My friends have treated me quite well, some of them even come to me for advice about relationships (perhaps because they consider me "clear-headed"?). My mother did not react well at first, but accepts it now and is very supportive, even offering to walk in SF Pride with me.

I also always knew I was "off". :)

I've had it relatively easy with my family, too. They've always kind of known, and our family as a whole is very low-key about sex anyway. We're lucky, I'd say. And yeah, people come to me for 'ship advice as well. They see us as referees outside the whole game of love, is why they do it.

hannahkin_skywalker

Totally agree.

And I'm 17, by the way.

I'm 18 and I'm not out as asexual yet (apart from to a couple of close friends) but for me most people just assume I'm "picky" eugh. So I totally feel your pain!

Everyone assumes that, or that I'm gay and in the closet. I thought I was just picky for forever, then I realized-- no . . . you're "weirder" than you thought . . . I let them believe what they want, y'know?

Fαlleη

Hey, maybe I'm one of the youngest here! I'm 13! ^_^

And I agree with what all you guys have been saying for the last 8 posts or so.

I'm young too! Only 15 years old. It's nice to see that there's quite a number of us on AVEN.

I'm 19 but the hostess at restaurants still try to give me the kids menu. :(

Why the sad face? I request the kids menu sometimes because it's cheaper and just as yummy :)

I will be 16 in 25 hours, hurrah.

Been thinking I was ace since I was 13.

SpaceFragment

I've been 17 for just over a month now!

I've known I was an ace for a while now, but I just today put a name to it.

Glad to see that there's a lot of us!

asdfghjklqwerdtfghjikodfgh

I'm 19 but the hostess at restaurants still try to give me the kids menu. :(

Why the sad face? I request the kids menu sometimes because it's cheaper and just as yummy :)

I will be 16 in 25 hours, hurrah.

Been thinking I was ace since I was 13.

I love the kids menu, especially at Pizza Hut. I get given the kids menu when my 14 year old sister doesn't. A bit strange but oh well :P

Oh and I'm 6000 days old today. Or 16 years and a few months old :D

Totally agree.

And I'm 17, by the way.

Everyone assumes that, or that I'm gay and in the closet. I thought I was just picky for forever, then I realized-- no . . . you're "weirder" than you thought . . . I let them believe what they want, y'know?

Yes! Exactly this! I think like half the people I know from school think I'm a lesbian which annoyed me at first but now I just can't be bothered. I mean... I would be proud to be a lesbian if I was so whatever you know? Although it does mean lesbians occasionally try and flirt with me and then that's just awkward :s

Archived