And then one thing led to another...

Olivier

Since there are sufficiently many geeks on this thread, I could think of no better place to share the latest XKCD.

heaven.png

Mouse-over text: "If you’ve never had sex, this is what it feels like. Complete with the brief feeling of satisfaction, followed by ennui, followed by getting bored and trying to make it happen again."

Randall Munroe is my hero :D

Ged of Earthsea

Mouse-over text: "If you’ve never had sex, this is what it feels like. Complete with the brief feeling of satisfaction, followed by ennui, followed by getting bored and trying to make it happen again."

Thought you might like it. Happy Easter Y'all, even you lot with no resurrection resurrections.

Thought you might like it. Happy Easter Y'all, even you lot with no resurrection resurrections.

Maybe for sexuals, sex is like serial resurrection?

During sex, I've been known to miraculously rise again...

I'll get my coat

Ged of Earthsea

I'll get my coat

Crucify him! Crucify him!

I'll get my coat

*Trying to get that picture out of my mind*

I'll get my coat

...I can't decide if I should laugh, or smack my forehead. :unsure:

Asexy Existentialist

I'll get my coat

Smack his forehead. Ew, Olivier!

Ged of Earthsea

I'll get my coat

It's not all that bad. It'll take 40 days for him to ascend.

I'll get my coat

It's not all that bad. It'll take 40 days for him to ascend.

Yeah but it's almost easter! And that's when the ascending happens! :o [...if I remember right]

Yeah but it's almost easter! And that's when the ascending happens! :o [...if I remember right]

If I'm not mistaken Good Friday is the last supper, Easter is the day he dies or resurrects, I can't remember which, and then there is the Ascension which is 40 days after Easter, and is when the ascending happens.

If I'm not mistaken Good Friday is the last supper, Easter is the day he dies or resurrects, I can't remember which, and then there is the Ascension which is 40 days after Easter, and is when the ascending happens.

Maundy Thursday - Last Supper

Good Friday - Crucifixion/burial

Easter Sunday - Resurrection

Yep, Ascension is the 40th day of Easter - this year it's June 2.

I am NOT waiting that long to ascend ;)

Maundy Thursday - Last Supper

Good Friday - Crucifixion/burial

Easter Sunday - Resurrection

Thanks for the specifics. I'm not a Christian so I only had a general idea.

Yep, Ascension is the 40th day of Easter - this year it's June 2.

I am NOT waiting that long to ascend ;)

...Why are we discussing when Olivier is 'ascending' again? :wacko:

@ Hi=) Thanks! I've always been very very bad at remembering the specifics for Easter :lol:

Life imitates XKCD.

That's fun! :lol: :D :cake:

Yes, it is :P Thanks, Ged.

And while we're on on the topic, sorta, I've got to say that while Randall Munroe may be a hero, he still falls short of Tim Minchin, who perfectly captures what I feel about my "not perfect" marriage:

Asexy Existentialist

I think I wanna be a little more happy about my marriage than Tim is about his Earth/country/body/mind.

Being comfortable accepting something that's not perfect, but pretty damned amazing despite its flaws, and very particularly mine, will do me.

I actually think that song is intensely joyous.

Ged of Earthsea

Different perspectives, Asexy Existentialist. I doubt anything is truly perfect in an ideal sense. We have some choice in our relationships so it is reasonable to have high aspirations. We also choose a lot of other things: accomodation, job, hobby, entertainment, etc. Would the same standards apply?

I actually think that song is intensely joyous.

It's not perfect but it'll do fine. (Don't you groan. You could have bet pension funds this quip was coming) I'm unable to come up with a fitting musical response. The most recent piece that sang out as a marriage anthem is Neil Hannon's Tonight we Fly.

While I can't back you up, I can say that my boyfriend totally would. I confused the hell out of him last year by actually being randy on MY birthday. To which he replied, "Wait.. Isn't this supposed to happen on my birthday?" So, obviously, based on that statement, occasion sex is "supposed" to happen for him, too.

Well, in my mind, EVERYBODY (in a relationship) gets birthday sex. Not just the dudes. Where would be the fairness in that?

:P

jeez, sex just because it's someone's birthday? :P (i suppose the fact that we didn't have wedding night sex is practically sacrilegious then, eh? haha)

Apparently, it's becoming a more and more prevalent phenomenon that Sexual people end up not having sex on their wedding night, because they're so exhausted from the wedding!

I guess since the majority of pre-marital relationships are now sexual, the wedding night no longer holds the same, "OhmiGosh, we finally get to do it!" significance it once did, and people who've been on their feet for sixteen odd hours, rushing around on what is possibly one of the most stressful and demanding (though happy, hopefully!) days of their lives, are likely to be absolutely fatigued to the point of collapse, it makes sense that more people would be opting for sleep first, and Happy Sexy Funtimes[tm] the next morning, or whenever.

P.

Apparently, it's becoming a more and more prevalent phenomenon that Sexual people end up not having sex on their wedding night, because they're so exhausted from the wedding!

That happened to me! We were also too busy on the day or two after that while getting ready to leave for our honeymoon while dealing with some post-wedding stuff...

We had sex on our wedding morning though, before getting up, does that count? :P

That happened to me! We were also too busy on the day or two after that while getting ready to leave for our honeymoon while dealing with some post-wedding stuff...

We had sex on our wedding morning though, before getting up, does that count? :P

Haha, totally. :lol:

P.

Archived