Does anyone do the ring thing?

LaughingWolf

I asked this question in chat, some people knew what I was talking about, some do, some don't, and some that hadn't heard of it expressed interest in it.

I'm wondering how often the black ring on middle finger right hand is used? And if you do - what does your ring look like?

I wear the black ring almost all the time, unless I'm in a hurry in the morning and forget to put it on.

Mine are just fairly plain silver rings from Claire's with a layer of black nail polish. I like them because they're a lot thinner than most other kinds of black rings so they're more comfortable. Although sometimes I'll double up and wear two if I want to be visible.

Sen Holiday

What's the black ring thing? Ace-marker? 'Cause if that's the case, I'll totally go find a black ring/convert one of my many to black.

You saw mine this morning :) I wore it today

acerings.jpg

That one

LaughingWolf

What's the black ring thing? Ace-marker? 'Cause if that's the case, I'll totally go find a black ring/convert one of my many to black.

Yeah, marker of a sort, or so it says on Wikipedia lol.

LaughingWolf

You saw mine this morning :) I wore it today

acerings.jpg

That one

Yup, it's neat. I think the idea is just that it is/has black and is on right hand middle finger.

I'm just going to get a plain black band if I can find one inexpensive that I like. I think with that triangle on it i would hurt myself :lol:

lessthanlevi

I wear one! I seldom take mine off. it's a nice reminder of both my asexiness and my nerdity.

BLK-LOTR-2T.jpg

I think I just invented a word. nerdity. hm.

Sen Holiday

Oh. That's fantastic. Done. I'll make, dumpster, or convert a black ring to wear on my middle finger. Awesome.

Also, Kaylamp - I approve that your gender is peter pan. I think that's pretty rad.

Acer - that's a pretty ring!

I've had two that where hematite and I managed to loose both within a week of having them. One shattered, and the other was apparently just eaten by my bedroom. I do plan on getting another one (I'm just going to get a plain silver ring and paint it black).

LaughingWolf

I wear one! I seldom take mine off. it's a nice reminder of both my asexiness and my nerdity.

BLK-LOTR-2T.jpg

I LOVE it! :wub:

Where did you find this? Mind if I copy? haha.

This is the one I have. I wear it when I'm going out (usually at the same time as my polyamory pendant), but don't really make an everyday thing of it. The size I ordered is a bit too big for me, so it's somewhat uncomfortable to wear for long.
lessthanlevi

BLK-LOTR-2T.jpg

You can buy one here, but they don't come cheap. If you're willing to spend the money, it's well worth it. I've been through a couple hematite and plastic ones, but they broke too easily. I figured it would be better to just invest in a nice ring than try to find a new cheap one every other week.

LaughingWolf

This is the one I have. I wear it when I'm going out (usually at the same time as my polyamory pendant), but don't really make an everyday thing of it. The size I ordered is a bit too big for me, so it's somewhat uncomfortable to wear for long.

I like Hematite, but I'm a clutz and the two rings I've had I've dropped and they shattered. I gave up after two... I need something a little tougher lol.

LaughingWolf

You can buy one here, but they don't come cheap. If you're willing to spend the money, it's well worth it. I've been through a couple hematite and plastic ones, but they broke too easily. I figured it would be better to just invest in a nice ring than try to find a new cheap one every other week.

I found them here, $40 isn't too bad. http://www.tungstenlord.com/tungsten-carbide-lord-of-the-ring.html Everything else I've found in Tungsten is well over $100. I don't get it. :blink:

I don't have a black ring yet but I plan to get one. Right now I wear a black rubber band around my finger so I can hopefully get used to wearing a ring there.

I usually do, but I'm not currently because the hemmatite ring I was wearing broke. I'm on the lookout for a nicer, more permenant ring.

LaughingWolf

There's a bunch of rings on Amazon if you put "black tungsten carbide rings" in the search. And you can sort with your price range, there was 514 results at $25-$50, so plenty to choose from without breaking the bank. YAY! Now I just have to get my finger sized before I order one online....

Yeah, stone rings, not the best. They're pretty, but no matter how careful you are they always seem to shatter. I had two in my pocket one day, and I was pulling something out and both fell out and broke. I also had a worry stone do that to me.

That being said, now I want to go ring hunting myself.

To all the people trying to find cheaper/more durable methods: I seriously recommend the black nailpolish method - you just take any ring with a shape you like, give it a coat or two of black nail polish, and you're good to go! It might chip after being worn for a while, but it can be fixed really easily with just a dab of more polish.

Also, someone else pointed out this site which periodically has good deals on plain black rings.

JJButterworth

I wear mine at all times and once, it stoped a guy from "hitting on" me.

So after making my post I decided since I'm feeling good at the moment (been sick) I should get out in the world and I went to Target to ring shop. I found a set of black rings (one had a pearl on it) for 8 bucks at Target so I bought it.

Rings

Probably not the best image in the world. I'm wearing three at once so it's a little bit more noticeable but the middle one a series a knots and is my favorite. And it's only a little bit loose (which is good cause I want to be able to get off my finger I suppose.

Also, because I'm pretty sick in the head and easily amused, I'm going to go back to Target on Thursday and see if I can get another one they had there that is a solid black octopus. The one the they had were to big.

LaughingWolf

Those are really neat. I don't have a Target near me :(

Maybe I'll check mall-wart... I thought Hot Topic would but the one here had maybe 3 and I didn't like any of them.

Stormy Wether

To all the people trying to find cheaper/more durable methods: I seriously recommend the black nailpolish method - you just take any ring with a shape you like, give it a coat or two of black nail polish, and you're good to go! It might chip after being worn for a while, but it can be fixed really easily with just a dab of more polish.

Also, someone else pointed out this site which periodically has good deals on plain black rings.

Same here, I do this because it's harder to find black rings in thinner widths. 6-8mm is way too big on a small hand.

GraverNikooru

Maybe I'll check mall-wart... I thought Hot Topic would but the one here had maybe 3 and I didn't like any of them.

Yeah i totally checked Hottopic a couple of times and they really didnt have much at all -_- I haven't thought of target tho! I bought a black ring from walmart but in just 2 weeks almost all of the black stuff had chipped away :(

I wear a hematite ring. On another black ring thread here, someone suggested this site, which is where I got mine. Nice, cheap hematite rings. Today's actually the first day I haven't worn it since I got it over a month ago. I'm getting tan lines from my watch and ring already, and I'm trying to make them go away. :lol: Otherwise I'd be wearing it.

If you have a Claires you could possible check there to.

LaughingWolf

Yeah i totally checked Hottopic a couple of times and they really didnt have much at all -_- I haven't thought of target tho! I bought a black ring from walmart but in just 2 weeks almost all of the black stuff had chipped away :(

Which is pretty much why I generally avoid cheap mall-wart chinese junk lol. I'll see if they have anything halfway worth the money, but I'll probably end up ordering something on Amazon. I really like the tungsten carbide stuff.

LaughingWolf

If you have a Claires you could possible check there to.

No claires... we have one of the copy-cats... icing or something. I can't remember, they all look the same from the outside. They didn't hardly have any rings and the ones they had were HUGE ugly gaudy things, like costume jewelry, why would anyone wear that??? :lol: