Why some people are so talkative?

FrozenCherry

Born of Star Dust

I am a talker. Tis probably in part due to my up-bringing (my parents are both talkers), my curiosity, love of connection with other people, and the fact that I am most likely a raging egomaniac.

That is not to say that I do not like silence. I love to out into the forest by myself, alone with my thoughts. But even then, I am essentially talking... just to myself in my head. And sometimes aloud. :P

Talking is a way that I engage with the world. One of the best ways that I learn is by talking through material. I make a story out of learning material. This is easy for something like English, History, or Philosophy... and it can be extremely amsuing with Science and Math. I think in narative. My words are a way for me to trascend myself and let others know that I am alive... and their words let me know that they are alive. I think of language as the dialogue to a story, or the poetry of a moment. I tend to ramble on and on, and I think of this as a constant stream of being... an attempt to not let my thoughts die only known to me.

Thank you for putting it far better than I did. I'm absolutely awful at communicating online. I hate the fact that so many of my thoughts will disappear from my memory and no one else will ever hear them.

Thank you, that's very kind of you to say, but I think that you are communicating quite well. ^_^ :) I think that communication is larely about understanding between people. My statements are often too wordy for my point to be understood, so I am not really sure that I am a terribly effective communicator!

One way that I have heard this sentiment stated is that we want "to participate in the immortal." By producing something, by making our words known, we become immortal through them.

Archived