Why some people are so talkative?

FrozenCherry

FrozenCherry

Why some people are so talkative and other people enjoy at silence? And why it always that people who are not talkative are arounded with friends so they want to get rid off from all of talking and those who are talkative are cursed to live alone?

Why some people are so talkative and other people enjoy at silence? And why it always that people who are not talkative are arounded with friends so they want to get rid off from all of talking and those who are talkative are cursed to live alone?

It all depends on what they say and you can say a lot while listening.

FrozenCherry

It all depends on what they say and you can say a lot while listening.

Yeah I know some people does "listening" .... My nervous cannot get listening... I loved when my aunts and causins yelled at same time just bla bla bla bla bla... Nobody else knew what they said blink.gif I loved to talk hours and hours with my friend on the phone or stay up all night to talking with my aunt or friend. I love talking...

Now I do not have anything common with anyone, nothing to talk about with people dry.gif I am going to explose wacko.gif

JJButterworth

If it's a subject that I am knowledgeable or interested in then I can be talkative, to a point if it's not one of those subjects then I can be as quiet as a church mouse. Though people that talk constantly, even on subjects that I enjoy, just get to me. Like, my uncle who talks non-stop about sports; I like baseball, alot, but there are other things to talk about. It takes strength to stop myself from yelling "can you just shut-up" when people go on too long about something.

If you like to talk, start a blog. That way, you get to talk about whatever you want to talk about, without worrying about who's listening. I can be very talkative sometimes, and other times you could pry my jaws apart without getting me to speak.

I speak only when I have something to say, I'm a listener. But i guess it also depends on the person you are talking with

FrozenCherry

If you like to talk, start a blog. That way, you get to talk about whatever you want to talk about, without worrying about who's listening. I can be very talkative sometimes, and other times you could pry my jaws apart without getting me to speak.

No... blog never answers back or arguing or goofying...

I'm a talker, don't get me wrong I listen well to but I like to talk. I hate silence so I'm always rambling to someone or to myself (when I'm alone) to fill the silence.

I however only really talk to people once I get used to them because I am incredibly shy.

FrozenCherry

I'm a talker, don't get me wrong I listen well to but I like to talk. I hate silence so I'm always rambling to someone or to myself (when I'm alone) to fill the silence.

I however only really talk to people once I get used to them because I am incredibly shy.

That is G R E A T to hear :D I like ramblers <3

I am a (relative) quiet Person. I also speak only, when I have the Feeling, that I have something to say. But I am (nearly) never surrounded by "Friends". But when I try to talk to someone, nearly no one ever, will talk to me. And nearly no one started talking to me, ever. So of course, I do not know how to talk to People. And I never had much of a Chance to learn it. And of course, I am not good in talking with People.. ^^

FrozenCherry

I am a (relative) quiet Person. I also speak only, when I have the Feeling, that I have something to say. But I am (nearly) never surrounded by "Friends". But when I try to talk to someone, nearly no one ever, will talk to me. And nearly no one started talking to me, ever. So of course, I do not know how to talk to People. And I never had much of a Chance to learn it. And of course, I am not good in talking with People.. ^^

I do not know how to talk to people either... But I just have to talk :lol:

When I was about 5 Years old, I also needed someone to talk to, but there was nobody that wanted to talk with me and so I started to talk to Trees, Cars and Pets. Very good Listeners! :D

But I think, that is no Solution for You.. ^^ You need more a Human to talk to.. ^^

FrozenCherry

When I was about 5 Years old, I also needed someone to talk to, but there was nobody that wanted to talk with me and so I started to talk to Trees, Cars and Pets. Very good Listeners! :D

But I think, that is no Solution for You.. ^^ You need more a Human to talk to.. ^^

Human sounds fine, rambling human :cake:

Trolley Girl

As I always say: It just depends on the topic being discussed.

Asexy Existentialist

I have no idea why some people are so talkative. I don't like to talk about meaningless stuff. I don't like questioning stuff that doesn't matter. If you want to tell me about String Theory or that time you went to Disney World or debate farm-raised vs wild caught fish, fine. But other than that... why bother? You can listen to cool music or read or do some deep thinking instead. I don't get talkers at all.

I'm not a talkative person myself. I would rather listen to all y'all posts then talk. Y'all interesting people. :) I can listen really well to a story if it interests me or I can relate to it. I can talk alot when I want to. It depends on the person and conversation I am having with said person.

I'm not very talkative. It comes with being an introvert, I guess. Also, I get self-conscious and think that the more I talk, the more my awkwardness shows. I like being around talkative people, though.

One of the downsides to this is that I constantly get asked why I'm so quiet. I've grown to hate that question.

vrazda verlaine

I'm... primarily an introvert. I don't have any modes between "not talking" and "can't stop talking", though.

I'm definitely a listener, and very little of a talker. I find listening to be a lot more interesting.

I'm not very talkative. It comes with being an introvert, I guess. Also, I get self-conscious and think that the more I talk, the more my awkwardness shows. I like being around talkative people, though.

One of the downsides to this is that I constantly get asked why I'm so quiet. I've grown to hate that question.

That sounds so like me! I'm glad when someone talks so I don't have to talk about myself. And yes, I also hear this stupid question sometimes: "Why are you so quiet? Is something wrong?" Yeah, sure. Introversion is a disease and I forgot to take my medication. :rolleyes:

JJButterworth

And yes, I also hear this stupid question sometimes: "Why are you so quiet? Is something wrong?" Yeah, sure. Introversion is a disease and I forgot to take my medication. :rolleyes:

Yes, I hate that qustion too. :evil:

BonesTheHeretic

I'm definitely, definitely a talker. I love silence though, and get really annoyed when people talk just to fill it. I like to talk because I just have so much in me I'm bursting to tell people about. Also I'm a very language based person, so it's fun for me to communicate/play with words. I like to make people laugh.

I do like to listen to other people, but I have a bad habit of interrupting -__-;

On the other hand, I'm really awkward with people I don't know and tend to freak out if I'm put in conversations/situations I don't have control over. I hate not knowing what to say and having someone looking at me expectantly waiting for an answer. It makes me have little mini panic attack things.

Frontier_Rhesus

My housemate is the most talkative person I know. He has good stories to tell and is really knowledgeable in a lot of subjects so I don't mind listening, but he never pauses to let other people have a turn. He relates every story to another story, if you try to break in he tells you to wait until he's done, and when you do manage to get a turn, if it's something that doesn't interest him he relates it back to cars and starts talking again, or sometimes straight up interrupts and goes off on an unrelated topic.

I can never dominate a conversation like that, unless I'm talking one-on-one with someone who's even quieter than me. Then I can ramble like my housemate. But I like to wait my turn, I like to listen, and I hang out with my housemate a lot, so I don't have the opportunity to speak my mind very often.

I'm talkative and I'm a good listener. I don't go out of my way to talk to people though. I'm only very talkative around people I know well. I have to get warmed up to you first. Even though I talk a lot, I still know when to stop and let others have a turn. I really like to listen to other's people's point of view. I don't like small talk though. Talking for no reason is annoying to me.

Vampireseal

Sometimes I'm just a quite listener, but when it comes to a subject that I find enjoyable, or if I find someone willing to engage in a lively debate, I can be quite talkative.

It's funny, when I was in public school, many people referred to me as that "quiet girl that never talks", and others thought I was that "that girl that knows everything about animals and talks endlessly about them".

It really also just depends on my mood and the other people I'm around. If someone really has a lot they want to say, I'm content to just listen to them. And yes, I can't shut up about science. I breathe biology.

I'm a listener. Although when I'm nervous, I tend to ramble. So with people I've just met I'll often talk a lot, but with people I'm familiar with, I don't talk much at all. It also depends on how knowledgeable I am about the subject.

Born of Star Dust

I am a talker. Tis probably in part due to my up-bringing (my parents are both talkers), my curiosity, love of connection with other people, and the fact that I am most likely a raging egomaniac.

That is not to say that I do not like silence. I love to out into the forest by myself, alone with my thoughts. But even then, I am essentially talking... just to myself in my head. And sometimes aloud. :P

Talking is a way that I engage with the world. One of the best ways that I learn is by talking through material. I make a story out of learning material. This is easy for something like English, History, or Philosophy... and it can be extremely amsuing with Science and Math. I think in narative. My words are a way for me to trascend myself and let others know that I am alive... and their words let me know that they are alive. I think of language as the dialogue to a story, or the poetry of a moment. I tend to ramble on and on, and I think of this as a constant stream of being... an attempt to not let my thoughts die only known to me.

Words are one way (though certainly not the only way) of creating connections with others and giving meaning to my life. I have euphoric moments of understanding. Sometimes these moments are alone, but sometimes these moments are with other people. Through words, people can sift through piles and piles of thoughts together until an idea or a truth emerges.

Sometimes I go overboard. In one of my classes recently, I sort of ranted about how we exploit third-world countries and non-human animals, and how we ourselves are exploited... I basically was responding to something that a professor in a previous class had said... So I suppose sometimes my rants can be kind of out-of-place... Luckily this time the classes were discussing related issues.

Anyway, I do not think that less-talkative people are cursed to live alone. I am super talkative, and sometimes I feel incredibly lonely... Much lonelier than my quiet friends. Perhaps I am talkative, because of my inability to genuinely connect with other people. Maybe quiet people don't need to talk to feel connected to others? Maybe we're all alone, each and every one of us. Perhaps we're all too afraid to be the only lonely person. Maybe we're afraid for being mocked for wanting genuine connection. Maybe the risk of being mocked is worth the potential to connect to another person.

BonesTheHeretic

I am a talker. Tis probably in part due to my up-bringing (my parents are both talkers), my curiosity, love of connection with other people, and the fact that I am most likely a raging egomaniac.

That is not to say that I do not like silence. I love to out into the forest by myself, alone with my thoughts. But even then, I am essentially talking... just to myself in my head. And sometimes aloud. :P

Talking is a way that I engage with the world. One of the best ways that I learn is by talking through material. I make a story out of learning material. This is easy for something like English, History, or Philosophy... and it can be extremely amsuing with Science and Math. I think in narative. My words are a way for me to trascend myself and let others know that I am alive... and their words let me know that they are alive. I think of language as the dialogue to a story, or the poetry of a moment. I tend to ramble on and on, and I think of this as a constant stream of being... an attempt to not let my thoughts die only known to me.

Thank you for putting it far better than I did. I'm absolutely awful at communicating online. I hate the fact that so many of my thoughts will disappear from my memory and no one else will ever hear them.

Archived