let's change LGBT to LGBTA

whirlygirl

whirlygirl

hi group, if we could add an 'A' to the end of the LGBT, we could help add ourselves to the list minority groups. we could each help by putting LGBTA in sentences to name-checking, until peeps ask what does the 'A' stand to help us make recognition... poll?

bard of aven

I do volunteer work at a sexual minority youth organization, and their current acronym for clients is LGBTIQ. I am trying to get them to add an A, and they seem interested, but not enough to do it. I keep telling them that with another vowel, you could at least make phonetic words out of it, like maybe calling the acting group the GLIB TAQs.

boa

I'm an active member of my school's LGBTTQQPFAGIBDSM community, proud to say that I was key in allowing the creation of the word "fag" in the middle of the acronym.

For anyone wondering that's:

Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender Transexual Questioning Queer Polyamorous Flexual Asexual Genderfuck Intersex Bondage/Domination Sado/Masochism

VivreEstEsperer

The only problem is, A usually stands for Allies. avenguy, I'm surprised your school doesnt have an A for allies in there! you got everything else :)

so I think that people would probably assume the A to be allies.. my campus group's thing is, for example, BGLAD, bisexuals gays lesbians and allies for diversity. Sometimes people spell it BGLAAD, tho, the extra a is supposed to before and, which is stupid, of course, so we could just make it asexual!! thatd be really cool.

goodnight all

Kate

We figure anyone who's an ally is out to mess with heteronormativity, so we clump 'em under "queer." (Admittedly not ALL allies are, and it's been a cause of some debate on my campus..)

VivreEstEsperer

What do you mean, out to mess with heteronormativity? I know what the term means but Im confused as to what you mean by it, in this context. You're, and most of us on this board, an ally yourself... you're not gay but still ally yourself with the "gay cause" and such, its the next best thing to having an asexual movement and all. So how can you say you dont exist? did you mean by that statement that all allies are not heterosexual? cus that certainly wouldnt be true.

*confused*

Kate

whirlygirl

AVENguy:

We figure anyone who's an ally is out to mess with heteronormativity

WHEN exactly did LGBT appear? (as opposed to where) maybe i could trace history back and remember when the community was just the 'Lesbian & Gay', in the UK, the 'Lesbian & Gay' community i'm sure were selfish not to extend their name with the 'Bisexual'.

Heteronormalivity? Do anyone know how much we (AVEN) have been rejected by the 'Gay & Lesbian' community since our need's raise awareness.

We do need the Gay & Lesbian communities (include LBGT) to be there for us, minority groups do need to raise awareness to the wide public that some of are happier without a sex drive to fulfil a life, gossip & articles www.ivillage.co.uk questionnaires tend to say if the sex in your relationship is in the doldrums, eventually two broken hearts will appear.

let's raise a questionnaire?

What's important in your asexual relationship? How can you tell if your asexual relationship won't work.

Heteronormalivity a lifestyle choice, but it's so popular it's everywhere around us, in almost everything we touch and feel on planet earth, except television presenting in the UK is dominated by Gay Celebs. (going off topic again) the UK has Graham Norton (Channel 4), Dale Winton, Lily Savage (Drag Act on television), Andy Peters... the few people whom feel they can be open with the Public (which is overwhelmingly HeteroClave), but still know they will loved by the public because they are Gay.

• 8 years later...
*Starfish*

I'm an active member of my school's LGBTTQQPFAGIBDSM community, proud to say that I was key in allowing the creation of the word "fag" in the middle of the acronym.

For anyone wondering that's:

Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender Transexual Questioning Queer Polyamorous Flexual Asexual Genderfuck Intersex Bondage/Domination Sado/Masochism

You disappointed me, how can you be a part of that so-called community when you're the lider of AVEN and support something what you would never done. I don't want to tell any one that I am asexual, i'm ashamed 'cuz asexuals are a part of that unmoral community.

Asexaulity is opposite thing than all sexualities and all of the others except homosexuality are SINS

did you not know that God Destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah - that should be enough of a reason to stop embarrassing ourselves!

Wow, I'm not sure what I'm more amazed about, the post or the horrific thread necromancy.

You disappointed me, how can you be a part of that so-called community when you're the lider of AVEN and support something what you would never done. I don't want to tell any one that I am asexual, i'm ashamed 'cuz asexuals are a part of that unmoral community.

Asexaulity is opposite thing than all sexualities and all of the others except homosexuality are SINS

did you not know that God Destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah - that should be enough of a reason to stop embarrassing ourselves!

Sense. It has not any.

ChildOfTheLight

This has to be some kind of world record for reviving a dead thread -- just over eight years. In before the lock.

Now that I've said that, AsexualForever, asexuality doesn't have to mean and shouldn't mean antisexuality.

I thought the lesson of Sodom and Gomorrah was that we should always offer our daughters for the use of passing travelers. Or, wait, no, it's offering our daughters in place of the travelers that we're supposed to do. I think. Whatever, it was a pretty dumb story anyway. Too much salt.

ChildOfTheLight

I thought the lesson of Sodom and Gomorrah was that we should always offer our daughters for the use of passing travelers. Or, wait, no, it's offering our daughters in place of the travelers that we're supposed to do. I think. Whatever, it was a pretty dumb story anyway. Too much salt.

No such thing as too much salt.

Besides, Lot did that and lost his wife anyway. Then his daughters got him drunk so they could get pregnant by him. Not really a family-friendly Bible story.

Locked because this thread is eight years old.

Let's not forget that the Bible also says that a woman should marry her rapist (Deuteronomy 22:28-29).

Jicragg

-Welcome Moderator

Archived