Chobits manga ending

YuiPweeLi

if you haven't read the end of the chobits manga, i suggest that you stop reading this now.....this is you're last warning, i can't' be responsible for the spoilers....

but anyway, what did you think of the ending of the Chobits manga, that is if you've read it, and i assume that since most of you like anime i figure that you know what i'm talking about. but what did you think when Hideki is told that even though he loves Chi, he can't sleep with her, and he's fine with it. well my friend, (a sexual) thought it was a dissapointing ending, "so he just ends up not being able to fuck her..." while for me it was very uplifting because i worry constantly that even if someone fell in love with me they wouldn't want to stay with me if i wouldn't have sex with them....most people didn't like the chobits ending, but i did

While I have not read the manga or seen the anime, Your spoiling the ending sparks my interest in it. While I did not know how it ended, I had heard more people say that they did not like the ending more than I have heard people liking it.

Your friend said that? Wow... = Oh well.

I've read the manga (actually I own all of it...). Can't say that I thought much about it although I think it's a very nice series. I didn't watch all of the anime (I plan to someday), but it seems the manga ahs a more serious tone and I felt I enjoyed it more than the few episodes of the anime I watched. But the anime episodes are good for entertainment, like the video game episode etc.

I do think it's a nice ending. I guess I didn't really consider it greatly because it's pretty much already a given for me that love can exist without 'that' aspect. And I didn't regard it as being a big deal. But I know that it's not the same for everyone, so it's a nice touch. However I've not really heard many people commenting on the ending. I'm sure there's a lot of reasons why people didn't find the ending to their liking however (e.g. they compared the anime to the manga or they felt it was anti-climatic or anything really). But I have heard people commenting that it was a good, sweet, happy ending. So every coin has two sides I guess, as the saying goes.

But yeah I think that the manga ending fits well with the ideas here now that you mention it. Nice observation.

quietbraggadocio

I loved the ending, I found it very romantic. Chobits was the first manga I read all of and I enjoyed every part of it. If people didn't like the ending I think they're missing the deeper elements of the manga.

I've only watched the anime, which just isn't right for me. But I could download it for free, so it was my best chance. I'll take from this though, that the manga is a bit different from the anime. In this case I am not as creeped out by my ex boyfriend who likes the manga very much. Although I know part of the reason he broke up with me is that I would not do anything sexual (though he didn't mention it, I know).

Anyway, back to the manga, I think I shall really like the ending when I read it. I wasn't too keen on the anime, though I did like it more than I thought I would when I first started watching it. It was very creepy and sexual at the beginning. And why were most of the persicons female? That bothered me. Ahh, but it is quite interesting afterall. Watching the anime, I started to wonder if there were asexual elements, though I could not tell, and this is what makes me like it. In the anime though, they just say she can't do everything people can do. It kind of sounded like she could be touched "there" by the person that was for her. But I figure in this case her power would totally be turned off!

I don't really know, I shall someday read the manga...someday...when I can afford to and have the time...

From what I can tell the anime and manga are pretty different. There's whole episodes of the anime that focus on plot points and scenes that do not happen in the manga (not as far as I can remember anyway). Not that it's a bad thing. Anime adaptations of manga often do change the tone and create different/new scenes and events. I guess it's so that if you've already read the manga then you still have a reason to look at the anime too. Plus it's also the influence of some of the general nature of animation (it being more demanding on action, time limits and other elements). It can be good because if you didn't like the manga, you can still possibly enjoy the anime and vice versa.

The anime, in my opinion, had a lighter tone that basically required more bonus 'fun' themed episodes (like them playing a video game for fun and so on which I don't remember happening in the manga). Whilst the manga seemed more serious and to the point. There's still fun in it of course, but in comparison to the anime, it does have a different tone.

• 8 months later...

Woohoo!! Just finished viewing the series..and the 27th special episode as well :D ..like just a second ago.. and I enjoyed every single moment of it..Hideki is such a bag of laughter haha..those funny scenes were great. And Chii -> KAWAII..kawaii!! kawaii hahahaha..loved it..funny thing really, the one that recommended to me said that it has a sad ending..and I was only thinking as I watched the series 'oh no..does Chii dies?' or 'no way..Hideki ends up with Yumi right?' and even 'Chii is really a guy,right? is that the ending?o-0' hahaha..and now that I have seen it, heck..it's a HAPPY ENDING!!! h.a.p.p.y ..happy..and so sweet..who needs uhmm..you know..the 's' word..when you can have the perfect unsexual relationship? :D And they really love eachother..and it's ok with Hideki that she can't do all the things a human girl can..so yeah..Chobits rule...can't wait to read the manga too..geez, I so have a crush on Shinbo right now *drool*

*sigh* That's one of the reasons I liked Marmalade Boy so much. (The manga... not the anime.) The author herself remarked once that the fans in Japan complained that Miki and Yuu never DID anything (sex, specifically) even though they'd been together for about two years. That was probably one of the biggest reasons I loved it. I get drawn towards a few shojo-sap manga a year, but this is one of the few that didn't involve sex of any type at any point and maintained a realistic day-to-day sort of style to it. I thought it was wonderful that a couple so dedicated to each other and who went through so much didn't just run off and do it for one reason or another... no matter how 'romantic' it was supposed to be. (IE: Kare Kano)

• 5 years later...
Mugen Puchipuchi Hime

:cake: Wow! Big minds think alike! :cake:

I've read the manga too a couple of years ago, and it is up until recently that I've came to the exact same conclusions!

It's a good thing that DarkHorse (the makers of The Mask!) is publishing an omnibus version of the series... And it's almost half priced than if you were to buy each volumes separatly :)

Absolutely, I loved the ending. Considering how poor Hideki spent most of the manga in Nosebleed City because of all the hot women and Persocons in his life, when it came down to love he was quite happy to be celibate if it meant keeping Chi. Now that's fricking romantic.

(Though I'd like to point out there are... other things she is capable of doing... Natto-eating scene, anyone? :lol: )