The AVENelection: And the winners are......!

dabishop

The results are in; the forum has spoken. The new, improved and worldwide AVEN now has a brand-spankin'-new panel of administrators and moderators to guide it in the year 2005 and beyond. Many, many thanks to all of you who have participated in the nominations and voting. It's your interest as much as your insight and general a-sexiness what makes this thing possible.

Congratulations to our new leaders, then!

Admin (North/South America): Jeremy Adams

Admin (Europe/Africa): Aeireono

Admin (Australia/NZ/Asia): Kez

Moderators:

Cate Perfect

Greybird

Naissur9

Sacredprofane

Silly Green Monkey

SuperSinger

Winter

You will notice that the Mod list fell one short of the ideal eight (two subforums per Mod), but I think this lot will do nicely. If any of our newly-elected Mods have a preference for specific subforum(s), please PM me and we (i.e. AVENguy, myself, and any lame-duck Admins/Mods who'd like to weigh in) will do our best to sort it out. You can expect to receive the Magic Greenness around the first of the year.

I will be sending a PM to each of the Administrator-elects to ask the solemn question: "Do you accept your canonical election as Supreme Co-Pontiff?" If everyone replies "Accepto," we'll skip the part about waving to the adoring crowds from the balcony of St. Peter's and go directly to the conferring of the Super-Magic Orangeness, AVENguy willing.

Live R Perfect

Yay!! :D And what a fine bunch of individuals you lot are :wink:

Bishop: If you need my assistance in bestowing any orange or green upon these lucky people then just give me the nod ;)

Congrats to you all! What a thrill it must be (how *does* it look from the top??)!

I have alot of green in storage. Not much orange... but there *is* some red and some yellow. Can I donate it? Especially if anyone is feeling creative...!

How in the crap did I make mod when the only person who voted for me was...ME!?

Because it was meant to be ... ?

You will do well! I have no doubts at all.

-Greybird

How in the crap did I make mod when the only person who voted for me was...ME!?

Because it was meant to be ... ?

You will do well! I have no doubts at all.

-Greybird

Awe thanks dearie... you're not just saying that because I interviewed you? :lol:

Awe thanks dearie... you're not just saying that because I interviewed you? :lol:

:D :D :D

Silly Green Monkey

I thought we were just replacing some mods, not all of them? That would explain why Bishop or Boa's names aren't in the voting. Why replace the mods who are already working?

Live R Perfect

It could be that Bishop and BOA withdrew their own names from the running, or maybe they never received nominations because only a small handful of people here even bothered to make nominations?

Liver: Correct on both counts, mate. The plan always was to bring in a new slate of authority-type people - and that also goes specifically for BOA and myself. Nominations were pretty sparse, but I believe they netted us a minimum-good number of Mods. I wouldn't personally be a Scrooge and force out any existing Mods if they wanted to stay, but we wouldn't want a "too-many-cooks" situation, either.

I became a mod on the promise that it would be on a temporary basis. I withdrew my name from further consideration.

boa

Live R Perfect

I hereby bestow orangeness upon the elected members: Aeireono, Jeremy Adams, and Kez. Long may you admin! :wink:

(I *think* I've also removed the orangeness from myself and Cate, but we'll see...)

Yup. No more orangey for me.

Cate

Live R Perfect

Hmm mine's still there. Maybe I need to log out and come back again, or maybe someone else has to un-admin me, or maybe I'm trapped forever within the orangeness... :shock:

I think someone else has to do it.

Cate

Archived