Shaved Genitals

newton

I'm not getting anything that sharp anywhere near something that sensitive. I'll keep things natural thank you :)

vrazda verlaine

I do it. Nobody sees, I just think it's more comfortable. :lol:

I do it. Nobody sees, I just think it's more comfortable. :lol:

Hush. You do it because you feel pressure from men, who have been brainwashed by society to think it's better this way.

None of this "it's more comfortable--even if nobody sees it" nonsense.

EarthWarrior

I'm not shaving anything that shows I am a fully grown woman and not still a child. And the very fact that the beauty industry makes women believe that it's sexy to look like a pre-pubescent girl, is disturbing to me. :blink:

:D

I'm not shaving anything that shows I am a fully grown woman and not still a child. And the very fact that the beauty industry makes women believe that it's sexy to look like a pre-pubescent girl, is disturbing to me. :blink:

:D

I don´look like a prepubescent girl. I look like an airport! :lol:

okay out of topic here but DAMN!! My dyslexia has done the funniest thing to me for so long!!!

instead of Pubic Hair, I have always been reading "pubLic hair"............................ *major facepalm* :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

okay out of topic here but DAMN!! My dyslexia has done the funniest thing to me for so long!!!

instead of Pubic Hair, I have always been reading "pubLic hair"............................ *major facepalm* :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I shave some of my public hair, too. My beard, mostly. One time I trimmed my head down to basically nothing, but never put a razor to it.

It seems to me "mission impossible" to get something so big into so small hole.

:lol: :D

To give birth to a child seems also a "mission impossible" for me!

Maybe this isn't a common view for asexuals, but I don't find genitalia disgusting. I don't necessarily want someone else's genitals near my person, but they're cool-looking in a way. I agree with the person who compared them to abstract art. :P

I also don't think that they are disgusting. But an art? Maybe I should take another good look to agree or disagree. 8)

• 2 months later...

I just shaved down there and now I keep doing a double take every time I see it. My mind goes "Agh! Oh,that's just my vag..."

I started doing it cause my boyfriend wanted it. We stopped having sex now, but I still do it.

I totally love it, no slimey things getting stuck in that hair anymore, didn't matter if I washed it a day before, they kept on coming and pulling it out hurt :'(

So thanks to him I finally did it, and I am sooo happy with it now ^^ I shave it every 2-3 days.

Trimmed earlier today. It's weird. Itchy. Have a strange urge to just shave it all off though.

Kurai-Tenshi_Niks

I don't really care what people decide to do to their genitals. I just hate double standards. If a guy thinks a girl should wax or shave, then he should feel obligated to wax or shave (and vice versa)

However, sometimes I feel that shaved genitals can be creepy..I mean technically, the only people whos genitals should be completely hairless are a pre-pubescent child's. We grow hair down their for a reason, if we weren't meant to have it, it wouldn't be there.

Just my thoughts.

FrozenCherry

During my rare sexual encounters, I must admit that I find shaved female genitalia to have much more tactile appeal than unshaved and makes giving oral sex far less unpleasant.

And that is a perfect example of the unfairness women are subjected to in this society. Men are programmed to think that un-hairy, childish looking genitals are more attractive than the natural thing. Wait, what does oral sex have to do...never mind. I dont think I want to know. :unsure:

Yes, that is way too unfair

I don't really care what people decide to do to their genitals. I just hate double standards. If a guy thinks a girl should wax or shave, then he should feel obligated to wax or shave (and vice versa)

And that is why I demand guys to shave and I am hairy :P

I shaved myself once a few months ago. It was horrible, I itched constantly until it grew back.

Personally I see no reason to shave unless it's medically necessary or if for some reason you want to. I don't think doing it to be more appealing/attractive to other people is a valid reason, especially when one partner makes/wants the other shave because they think pubic hair is 'gross'- not sexy. I agree that being shaved looks good, but it really ticks me off that not shaving is 'disgusting', especially for women. (The joys of double standards.) So basically, I will shave my legs if I'm wearing skirts or shorts because I will get dirty looks from *everyone* otherwise, but I won't shave under any other condition.

It's not terribly likely that I'll be dating anytime soon (I'd like to, but I'm not motivated to do anything about it yet), but if someone can't tolerate my hair, they're out. Only children who haven't gone through puberty are naturally bald down below, so the idea that a hair crotch is a 'turn off' is unreasonable at best. <_< I don't want to date someone who can't tolerate my body in it's natural state.

Edit: To clarify, since I put my foot in my mouth a lot: If someone does something like shaving or dressing a certain way to please their partner because they want to, I see no problem there. It's their right, it's one of many small gestures people make to help or maintain their relationship. One partner forcing the other to conform to their idea of what's sexy is what I'm against.

This ^

I just shave the bikini line but even that I hate. I get razor burn so easily and I just prefer not to deal. Sometimes, I'll trim when I feel like it. (i.e. when I decide to give in and let the boyfriend have some)

I get razor burn so easily on my bikini line. I feel like a dumb man sometimes in my female body. I'm like "Why the %#&$! is this happening? This makes no sense. :huh: " I've decided anyways that I like wearing male swim trunks, and since no one else is gonna see it, why bother with it? If I ever shave or trim, it's for myself, no one else.

I find it a bit bizarre that people think having shaved pubic hair looks better. I mean why would you prefer someone to look like a child than a fully grown adult, hair and all? There is some weird cultural stuff going on here, it's like people finding women's legs more attractive if they are shaved, I don't believe for one second that's true and find shaved women particularly unappealing, I think we're conditioned to think this is attractive despite how odd it is.

Also how exactly is shaving your body hair more hygenic and cleaner that leaving it be? Surely cleanliness is about how much you wash? Are you just conflating how something looks with scientific truth about how something is?

I think it's a good exercise in challenging your own perceptions of beauty and normality to leave your body hair to grow at least once in your life. I find it pretty sad that some people feel like they have to constantly modify their body just to be comfortable in it.

Exactly. I've always told myself if I was a guy and I dated girls, I'd tell them up front, I could care less if they shave or not. I think it's dumb when people think that you have to be hairless to be hygienic or that you're prettier or something. If I truly loved someone and wanted to have sex with them, they wouldn't be any more or less attractive because of hair on their body. I just don't see how it makes a difference. Maybe I'm missing something? I think I dislike armpit hair but that's about it. Anywhere else on the body it doesn't bother me. You could have the hairiest ass and it wouldn't bother me. (Then again I have no sexual attraction to anyone so I can't say I'd be attracted to any of that either. I just know that it wouldn't repulse me.)

And although I hate double standards, I must say it's even dumber for a girl to demand a guy to shave. I knew this girl that wouldn't have sex with her boyfriend unless he shaved his ass. I'm like "It's not like you're f--king it. Why does it matter?"

I hate chest hair, its ugly. I plan to shave it off soon. Someday I would like to get permanent hair removal all over my body, I'm pretty hairy especially my back and legs and I don't like it.

Kurai-Tenshi_Niks

I hate chest hair, its ugly. I plan to shave it off soon. Someday I would like to get permanent hair removal all over my body, I'm pretty hairy especially my back and legs and I don't like it.

I think back hair is kind of weird, but I don't mind a guy with a bit of chest hair :)

Member33070

I didn't even know people did that until I was 20 (last year) when I read about it on Yahoo Answers or something. I was like, "What? Why?!?!"

I have a quite bushy bush so I decided to try trimming it when I heard about it and it helps. I mean, mine is so bushy that it affects the fit of my underwear. :ph34r:

I don't plan on ever fully shaving. Future guy's just going to have to deal if he ever sees it. LOL

Vampyremage

I didn't even know people did that until I was 20 (last year) when I read about it on Yahoo Answers or something. I was like, "What? Why?!?!"

I have a quite bushy bush so I decided to try trimming it when I heard about it and it helps. I mean, mine is so bushy that it affects the fit of my underwear. :ph34r:

I don't plan on ever fully shaving. Future guy's just going to have to deal if he ever sees it. LOL

I found out fairly late too, probably around 18 or 19 in my first sexually active relationship. In some ways I prefer shaved but sometimes I'm lazy and just don't.

Qutenkuddly

During my rare sexual encounters, I must admit that I find shaved female genitalia to have much more tactile appeal than unshaved and makes giving oral sex far less unpleasant.

And that is a perfect example of the unfairness women are subjected to in this society. Men are programmed to think that un-hairy, childish looking genitals are more attractive than the natural thing. Wait, what does oral sex have to do...never mind. I dont think I want to know. :unsure:

I didn't actually say anything about attractiveness. I was talking about tactility. Coarse, kinky hair does not feel good to touch, at least not for me and especially not against my sensitive lips. Nothing to do with societal programming.

No longer here

I just want to make one thing clear.

"To shave or not to shave," is not a question of right or wrong its rather about personal preference. Its a choice another person has made, regarding themself, their self image, their sexuality and who they perceive themselves to be. To be disrespectful towards other people, because you don't understand or share their view can actually hurt others. Even though you wouldn’t get hurt, it doesn't mean that everyone will take it so easily. And when we discuss sensitive topics such as sexuality and self image as I mentioned above, we should be careful so that we do not hurt other people.

I do not say that we should not have an open debate. I just say instead of being critical, why not be curious?

Remember its not a question of right or wrong, but of preference.

- With love

"To shave or not to shave," is not a question of right or wrong its rather about personal preference. Its a choice another person has made, regarding themself, their self image, their sexuality and who they perceive themselves to be. To be disrespectful towards other people, because you don't understand or share their view can actually hurt others. Even though you wouldn’t get hurt, it doesn't mean that everyone will take it so easily. And when we discuss sensitive topics such as sexuality and self image as I mentioned above, we should be careful so that we do not hurt other people.

I do not say that we should not have an open debate. I just say instead of being critical, why not be curious?

- With love

This

No longer here

- With love

This

Explain your intention with the use of the word "this" in the context above.

- With love

This

Explain your intention with the use of the word "this" in the context above.

When people reply/quote something in message boards with only "this" it means they agree with what they are quoting.

never odd or even

i HATE shaving. so i wax.

i've started to not give a shit about body hair, and i've even let my armpit hair grow out... it makes me feel more male. plus, its not like i have anyone to tell me its ugly or some shit.

i occasionally go on gender-i-hate-myself rages where i decide that i want to be rid of it all and wax it all off with heavy metal to help me along. i never succeeded fully... mostly just end up trimmed and bleeding a bit.

that said, you do feel cleaner with less hair there...

AmoebaAlice

If I had the money I'd laser it off... at least underarms and legs. I have sensitive skin so shaving frequently with razor leaves me with a burn, no matter where. I've tried waxing, but, with the texture of the hair that grows in those areas (again underarms and legs), for me, it's got near zero effectiveness. It's like ripping scotch tape off your hand, all it brings back is skin cells.

So generally, I despise having to shave, but I like being smooth.

Under the undies tho, trim. I'd have to be some sort of masochist to shave down there, with my skin sensitivity.

HavenHamilton

Can't say that I've even thought of doing it. But it always reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where Jerry shaves his chest for a woman or something and Kramer warns him that it's gonna keep coming in darker and thicker :).

Sexual male here. I don't shave and rarely trim. And I don't think shaved/waxed pubes are sexy on a partner, either - to me it just looks creepily pre-pubescent. Trimmed is fine, but bald really doesn't do it for me.

Yeah, me too! It's funny actualy, I hate hair in public place, but the pubic place? it doesn't bother me.

On my partner (I don't have one now), whatever s/he fells comfortable with will be fine

Archived