A Quick Reminder for Those in the OCDSB School System

Rebuilder

Hello, those of you attending OCDSB schools (Ottawa) may have heard something about the upcoming OCDSB Student Census. The survey will inquire your ethnicity/religion/sexual orientation etc. The already controversial sexual orientatation segment of the form excludes asexuality. I thought I would remind those of you who haven't found out yet.

References:

ocdsb.ca

http://www.ocdsb.ca/ab-ocdsb/leadtheway/e-n-d/Student%20Survey%20Docs/Student%20Survey%20-%20Grades%207-12.pdf

Lord Happy Toast

That survey has some serious problems. Like how it begins with:

Please do not put your child’s name or student ID number on this survey

and ends with

If you have completed a paper format of the survey, please remove the top sheet that has your child’s name on it, place

the completed survey in the self-addressed return envelope, and seal it before returning it to the school with your child no later than May 20th, 2011.

and yet all of the question of for the student--not their parent or guardian--to answer. The classification of languages was bizarre. It sort of when by language families, but then had a section for Indoeuropean Languages, under which it only listed one. (I believe that around 40 of the languages they list are considered Indoeuropean.) The gender and sexual orientation options are just weird. (Transsexual and two-spirited are sexual orientations?)