test account

For 30-somethings and those around that age

AnotherMember

I wish I could tell you something but I can't, not because I dont want it, just because I dont understand that :lol: could you use other words please? militant? what you mean? :mellow: Sorry, my english isnt that good :redface:

heheeh sorry - I mean 'aggressive', 'assertive', 'taking action', 'getting tough' etc.

I just noticed your signature, and cherry has changed her name a few times. It looks like you guys are out to get people :)

The signature is basically to inform the standards of this community, as some apparently are unaware of them, others know them but just don't care much (I have broken the rules too and that's not something I'm proud or willing to do, but I may, because I'm not perfect upsss :blush:).

I noticed that some people in AVEN subtly attack others, so subtle that you must read between lines to realize it, others insults are not so subtle, but quite obvious, and for sure, as everywhere, there are gossip people too and I have known some of those. I personally have found some comments -in thread and chatroom- a bit hard for me to deal with and that made me felt sad :( Wich is a lot considering that I have very mark traits of Schizoid personality disorder :o -as it, someone or something have to been bothering me very much for me to take actions about it-.

I dont know U.S nor Australian's laws, but in the country I'm from, to incite public hatred or contempt, as well as damage the honor and reputation of a person in public is a criminal act (Articles 444 and 446 of the Penal Code, in Chapter VII of the Libel and Slander).

I have got to much bullshit in RL, I don't need to take some more online LOL. Also, I wouldn't like if someone judge a person I could care of, or consider sort kind of an online pal, so if I can stand up and be against it I probably will do it. In fact I don't think there is a need to judge others just because this is not a court, also because we should keep the Aven guidelines and TOS, this is not a land with no rule.

@Averillo, more than nosy I could say you are very perceptive ;) :P

FrozenCherry

Hey Yummy and the person formerly known as Frozen Cherry, I've noticed you guys have got very militant lately. Any particular reason you'd like to share? I'm a very nosy person and like sticking it into other peoples' business ^_^

I wish I could tell you something but I can't, not because I dont want it, just because I dont understand that :lol: could you use other words please? militant? what you mean? :mellow: Sorry, my english isnt that good :redface:

Oh cheece, another Cherry -thread. I has ignored all posters which has attacked or insulted me or like, if avoiding arguing is militant.. Welll... huh? :blink: I rather keep convos up with 1-2 people who with I come along than with 1000 people which bugs my ass all the time :rolleyes:

test account

Old post.

test account

Old post.

AnotherMember

Hey Yummy and the person formerly known as Frozen Cherry, I've noticed you guys have got very militant lately. Any particular reason you'd like to share? I'm a very nosy person and like sticking it into other peoples' business ^_^

Oh cheece, another Cherry -thread. I has ignored all posters which has attacked or insulted me or like, if avoiding arguing is militant.. Welll... huh? :blink: I rather keep convos up with 1-2 people who with I come along than with 1000 people which bugs my ass all the time :rolleyes:

Don't you realise you're one of the most famous people on AVEN at the moment? This is the price of fame sister, having all the threads revert back to you! hehehe 8)

Hahahaha!! I cant stop saying it, I find you so amusing Averillo :P :lol:

Yes, thats right!!! Im in the top 10 Cherry's fan list LOL :lol:

FrozenCherry

You are my number one Yummy :P

TheEvaTree

You are my number one Yummy :P

...Cherry, I've watched your posts in different threads from the sideline and you've got a fan here too :lol: ;) :cake: :cake: :cake:

TheEvaTree

Where are your friends living? Within Europe, it tends to be far cheaper and faster to use the train network instead. You're correct about the airfares though, they can sometimes be really high.

Building a good finance has been my first priority. I think that once you don't have to worry about money that much anymore, you're free to really do whatever you want in your spare time.

A gardener? Sounds like you get to have a real hands-on, proactive approach in your job. My job involves more a theoretical participation only, making me somewhat jealous ;)

My friends are living in New Zealand, England, Canada...places outside Europe for the most. For me it requires a real good savings account, which means enough excess mammon each month to save up from....And enough is not too much. I just wish I could see them all at least once a year. But the price for that is...Brrrr :blink: ...right now.

...Well, I think we(all ppl) are exactly where we need to be any moment. The universe loves development, it never stands still, it is in eternal flow of constant creative change. We are being put through processes in the processes of the processes...etc. of eternal evolution, and we can't help it. So many processes in so many aspects of so many levels inside of us, outside of us.

Control is an illusion to me. We can imagine we have it, but universe always proves us wrong when we are believing that illusion.

If control (determinism?)exists, it is definately not in our hands, but in the hands of the intelligence that runs the show. Whatever that be.

Bottom line;

The universe needs you to be there, for some reason, or else it will push you to move yourself somewhere else more beneficial.

We call it "changing our mind"...I think that is so funny/cute, looking at it from my point of view, hehe.

- So, do you feel like pushing yourself into other ways/possibilities of doing your job?

I think I know what you're talking about here. Obviously, you value quality more than quantity, so to speak. It feels that the majority of people prefer quantity, making it more difficult to come across those who we'd really like to spend time with.

Oh, and I noticed that you actually quoted my signature. That merits some major :cake: for you ^_^

Yes, I know. There is a logic reason for my results after all...

....Oh, thank you! :lol: I was just sitting here IRL and dreaming of vegan cake! Really! Filthy Chocolate cake with big pieces of choco..or strawberry pie with vanilla cream...or something like that, hehehe... It's late Thursday night, I have 3 days off starting tomorrow, and I'm way too tired to be online, but my fingers don't follow orders from my brain...Hmmm...

FrozenCherry

...Cherry, I've watched your posts in different threads from the sideline and you've got a fan here too :lol: ;) :cake: :cake: :cake:

Cheese, now it all suck up to my head and I want to create my own queendom :P

AnotherMember

:o i had a queendom in chatroom too! but I lose it when i changed my name to yummy, I used to be Queen Susy :lol:

FrozenCherry

:o i had a queendom in chatroom too! but I lose it when i changed my name to yummy, I used to be Queen Susy :lol:

I am envy now!

Samael

My friends are living in New Zealand, England, Canada...places outside Europe for the most. For me it requires a real good savings account, which means enough excess mammon each month to save up from....And enough is not too much. I just wish I could see them all at least once a year. But the price for that is...Brrrr :blink: ...right now.

...Well, I think we(all ppl) are exactly where we need to be any moment. The universe loves development, it never stands still, it is in eternal flow of constant creative change. We are being put through processes in the processes of the processes...etc. of eternal evolution, and we can't help it. So many processes in so many aspects of so many levels inside of us, outside of us.

Control is an illusion to me. We can imagine we have it, but universe always proves us wrong when we are believing that illusion.

If control (determinism?)exists, it is definately not in our hands, but in the hands of the intelligence that runs the show. Whatever that be.

Bottom line;

The universe needs you to be there, for some reason, or else it will push you to move yourself somewhere else more beneficial.

We call it "changing our mind"...I think that is so funny/cute, looking at it from my point of view, hehe.

I've always been a fan of determinism as well. However, the matter of perspective has something to say too, I think, before declaring "free will" as a pure illusion.

I think "free will" exists to the extent that a choice can remain within an individual's power to make. Free will doesn't guarantee the intended consequences though, because humans are too limited to foresee all the myriad consequences for their actions, and how the events of those actions intermediate with each other. Free will offers the power to make a decision, but there is always something else guiding in the background towards a specific choice. And also something else controlling the events following a choice.

If you observe the structure of our universe, you will notice (as studies have shown) that even slight variations in the grand scheme of things (ie. the nature and distribution of mass) would have made it impossible for carbon based life (fauna, flora etc.) to have evolved for example on our planet. Coindicende? Maybe, but the probability of the current setting of our universe is extremely remote, leaving little doubt about the existence of an omnipresent intelligence.

This all suggests a control of evolution, of all the happenings. As it stands, the universe is some 13,7 billion years old, give or take a few hundred million years, while the age of Homo Sapiens floats at around 30 000 years of age. The universe has evolved in a specific and structured matter, while the history of our species has been nothing but chaos. As such, in my opinion it would be rather ignorant for someone to claim that we'd have full control of our own destinies. It would be wiser to say that we have survived so far primarily because of pure luck, but another name for luck in this context would be non-human control.

TheEvaTree

Bottom line;

I've always been a fan of determinism as well. However, the matter of perspective has something to say too, I think, before declaring "free will" as a pure illusion.

I think "free will" exists to the extent that a choice can remain within an individual's power to make. Free will doesn't guarantee the intended consequences though, because humans are too limited to foresee all the myriad consequences for their actions, and how the events of those actions intermediate with each other. Free will offers the power to make a decision, but there is always something else guiding in the background towards a specific choice. And also something else controlling the events following a choice.

If you observe the structure of our universe, you will notice (as studies have shown) that even slight variations in the grand scheme of things (ie. the nature and distribution of mass) would have made it impossible for carbon based life (fauna, flora etc.) to evolve for example on our planet. Coindicende? Maybe, but the probability of the current setting of our universe is extremely abysmal, leaving little doubt about the existence of an omnipresent intelligence.

This all suggests a control of evolution, of all the happenings. As it stands, the universe is some 13,7 billion years old, give or take a few hundred million years, while the age of Homo Sapiens floats at around 30 000 years of age. The universe has evolved in a specific and structed matter, while the history of our species has been nothing but chaos. As such, in my opinion it would be rather ignorant for someone to claim that we'd have full control of our own destinies. It would be wiser to say that we have survived so far primarily because of pure luck, but another name for luck in this context would be a non-human control.

I agree! :D

I believe free will to some extent. As you said...

Free will doesn't guarantee the intended consequences though, because humans are too limited to foresee all the myriad consequences for their actions, and how the events of those actions intermediate with each other. Free will offers the power to make a decision, but there is always something else guiding in the background towards a specific choice. And also something else controlling the events following a choice.

...is exactly what I meant ;)

As an example,for me, it has been a necessary inner process through the years to dare quitting my belief of being a crash test dummy with no choice to turn the negative processes around, a suffering prisoner in this system of processes.

Or, in other words, this dummy I am, had to figure out how to develop the dummy-job into something a lot less bone braking, heartbraking, confusing, energy-lacking, etc....and there is some kind of benevolence in that.

I feel I create way better results for myself and others, when I decide and aim for creating positive conditions for all that I am, and all that exists in my surroundings. Because existing feels a lot more pleasant when I desist from using my free will to escape from taking responsibility and do what I know to be right(for me), such as consciously not polluting myself and not participating in things I now recognize as processes that leads to suffering, physically, mentally, emotionally, etc. Cause and effect...

To overcome my fears of existing, to dare believe this "something" that guides and controls is most probably a positive source fundamentally, has been a tremendously hard challenge. I looove the way I create my life today and I love the processes I dream of creating in future days ^_^

What can I say? May the forces be with us all...

And :cake: to you for clarity ^_^

test account

Old post.

Samael

If you observe the structure of our universe, you will notice (as studies have shown) that even slight variations in the grand scheme of things (ie. the nature and distribution of mass) would have made it impossible for carbon based life (fauna, flora etc.) to have evolved for example on our planet. Coindicende? Maybe, but the probability of the current setting of our universe is extremely remote, leaving little doubt about the existence of an omnipresent intelligence.

This all suggests a control of evolution, of all the happenings. As it stands, the universe is some 13,7 billion years old, give or take a few hundred million years, while the age of Homo Sapiens floats at around 30 000 years of age. The universe has evolved in a specific and structured matter, while the history of our species has been nothing but chaos. As such, in my opinion it would be rather ignorant for someone to claim that we'd have full control of our own destinies. It would be wiser to say that we have survived so far primarily because of pure luck, but another name for luck in this context would be non-human control.

I tend to think that it's just convenient for us humans here that the universal forces happened to spawn us as we are. If the universe had spawned something else, those creatures would now be marveling at the miracle of their existence. It's a good thing that we humans love ourselves and consider ourselves so important, it's totally appropriate for every creature to rejoice in what it is. I don't have to like all of them, but that's because I'm necessarily subjective in my likes and dislikes. If there is a God it's up to him to like everything because he made it -- and he must accept that I don't share his general enthusiasm for everything. But I tend to think humans think of God in human terms too much. Like ants thinking humans are just big ants.

Why am I crapping on like this??

I'm not a religious person at all. Religion commands belief in its view of the universe without offering clarity. It simply states an argument, expecting the receiver to embrace it as a fact. The scientific method, on the other hand, offers an explanation that doesn't require a leap of faith, only the willingness to understand cause and effect.

The probability for you or me to exist here and now is unspeakably low. We don't know (yet), that would life of any kind have spawned in some different form had the universe been tuned differently. I don't know about you, but I think it's difficult to imagine how life would have turned out to be in alternative scenarios. Maybe it would have been entirely unrecognizable.

All in all, as you already said, you should definitely rejoice about your existence, even if you weren't all that keen on some (many?) aspects of life. :cake:

test account

Old post.

Kalea

It's nice to see others around my age have congregated a bit since I've been gone. Though under "older asexuals"? Hmmmm.... I'm another not-quite-30 person, so it's nice to meet you all (or say "hello" again to those I knew before).

test account

Old post.

AnotherMember
On 22/5/2011 at 11:22 PM, Dr. Kalea said:

It's nice to see others around my age have congregated a bit since I've been gone. Though under "older asexuals"? Hmmmm.... I'm another not-quite-30 person, so it's nice to meet you all (or say "hello" again to those I knew before).

Hey Kalea!! I dont know if you remember me but I'm truly happy to see you around again.  

*Pokes kalea*

Kalea

Hey Kalea!! I dont know if you remember me but I'm truly happy to see you around again. Im Susy / Queen Susy / Invisiblesomething now known as Yummy now lol! A warm welcome cake for you!! I really missed you in chat, I actually didnt bond with to many regular's-chat-avenites, and got really bored since you left. Nowadays I don't log in so offend as I used, but I would do it if I see you in the chat someday.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

*Pokes kalea*

Of course I remember you, Susy - how could anyone forget you??? :) I'm not sure if I'll be logging into chat - I may just be frequenting the boards, but we'll see. I saw something about chats for those of us who are "older" (ha - I guess we're just older than what seems to be the average on the site?), so I may see you there sometime, if you do that again.

AnotherMember

Sure!! we are trying to make a chat for olders :) I will tell you about the next possible meet up :) last one was a mess, I forgot it too and most did :mellow:. But in the next one I WILL BE TELLING EACH DAY, so nobody forget it :lol:

Bobsicle Jr.

Hi, I'm 30....in America...like writing and rollerskating and dusting my fake plants...I want someone to connect to too deeply forever. Buuuuut, you know, it's hard out there. Anyway, just wanted to say hi to my fellow 30 year olds. :) :)

Hi, I'm 30....in America...like writing and rollerskating and dusting my fake plants...I want someone to connect to too deeply forever. Buuuuut, you know, it's hard out there. Anyway, just wanted to say hi to my fellow 30 year olds. :) :)

OH, I'M A GIRL, DON'T GET ANY IDEAS FROM MY AVATAR LOL

AnotherMember

Welcome Bobsicle Jr. :)

Ged of Earthsea

I kept re-reading it as "like writing rollerskating and dusting my fake parts" and looking at the avatar wondering ...

Bobsicle Jr.

I kept re-reading it as "like writing rollerskating and dusting my fake parts" and looking at the avatar wondering ...

lol...well,yeah...not so much..haha ;)

Cygnus

Hey Ive been away from AVEN for a couple of years now and Im coming back. I dont know if you all remember me but Ive missed it. Im 28 going to be 29 this year so does that make me eligible for this thread?

Blitzentan

Welcome back :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: I remember the avvie :)

Cygnus

Welcome back :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: I remember the avvie :)

Yep I could'nt part with the classic Hatter. :)

Voyager6

Hey all,

I've been lurking for a few weeks now. Sorry, I haven't had anything profound to say in the meantime, and I don't today either. I'm happy this thread is still alive.

A meeting is supposed to happen in my area on the 11th, but it looks like I'm working, so I'm a bit bummed. I was looking forward to meeting a few people who might have similar views on life (love?) that I do. Maybe next time.

Welcome back Cygnus, though you probably know more about this forum than I do. Are you a fan of "Alice in Wonderland" or just like the picture? I recently read the book (yes, I'm 31, and JUST read "Alice").

Well, that's a weak contribution to the topic, but just wanted to wave my flad and say, "I'm still here!"