2 hours ago, Snao van der Cone said:

Cats are destructive of everything but themselves. :P

Quintessential narcissists. 

• Like 1
bluedragonwings

Well they will groom each other. So not 100% narcissist 

23 hours ago, Snao van der Cone said:

Cats are destructive of everything but themselves. :P

Tell that to Tiny Hero Meow, who famously jumped into the fish tank.

• Like 3

Oh yeah. :D But the point is that she was trying to destroy the fish and/or fish tank, right? She just wasn't bright about it.

The point was that he was a clumsy idiot who didn't realise that the lid he intended to land on was open :lol: 

• Like 3

"Cat" is female in German. There's a separate word for male cats, but close enough (and I didn't notice anyway).

• Like 1

Take care in French. The male and female versions have rather different meanings, and one ought not be used in polite company 

• Like 1
20 hours ago, SkyenAutowegCaptain said:

Take care in French. The male and female versions have rather different meanings, and one ought not be used in polite company 

Can second this. Made the mistake once, to lots of laughter!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Snao van der Cone said:

There are polite French people? :P 

"Fuckez-vous, s'îl vous plait" :D (that was kind of what learning French felt like back then)

bluedragonwings

No its to either A) Mangle French badly but insist on using it or even more egregiously B) speak Quebec French

I am going to be 30 and still confuse how to live life as asexual and Aromantic. So many questions but that just life. I am just grateful I am happy and healthy regardless of my sexuality. These things will figure themselves out.  

• Like 7
10 minutes ago, MC666 said:

I am going to be 30 and still confuse how to live life as asexual and Aromantic. So many questions but that just life. I am just grateful I am happy and healthy regardless of my sexuality. These things will figure themselves out.  

Honestly I started becoming much happier after turning 30, and since I discovered I'm aro ace (which was at 31) my life has gotten so much easier.

• Like 3
fooledbysecrecy
14 hours ago, Snao van der Cone said:

Honestly I started becoming much happier after turning 30, and since I discovered I'm aro ace (which was at 31) my life has gotten so much easier.

i second that! i had my major age crisis at 20 because i thought i hadn't done all the things society expected me to (such as had sex 🙄) if only i'd known about asexuality back then!

enjoying my 30s so far, and you know when people say life begins at 30/40/50 etc i'm starting to believe that.

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
Chamomile_Serenity
On 9/27/2019 at 3:48 PM, Snao van der Cone said:

Same! I don't see myself as aro but once I identified as ace things started making more sense and I felt I was ready to live into my truth more. 

• Like 4

hey all, so I recently joined the 30's squad. Also recently found myself in my first "real relationship". Also just started actually seeking ace help/camaraderie. so Lot of new's for me.. I have a question for you guys- I feel like I'm in a weird go-between stage. I'm more comfortable being ace, and started telling people I care about..but  it gets tiring (for the obvious reasons we all come across) and I tend to think kinda old school about it "its easier to just stay quiet than have to give a lecture every time I try to explain this stuff".. do you all hit that wall sometimes too? not sure if its an age thing...

AceMissBehaving
46 minutes ago, Batsy said:

hey all, so I recently joined the 30's squad. Also recently found myself in my first "real relationship". Also just started actually seeking ace help/camaraderie. so Lot of new's for me.. I have a question for you guys- I feel like I'm in a weird go-between stage. I'm more comfortable being ace, and started telling people I care about..but  it gets tiring (for the obvious reasons we all come across) and I tend to think kinda old school about it "its easier to just stay quiet than have to give a lecture every time I try to explain this stuff".. do you all hit that wall sometimes too? not sure if its an age thing...

Welcome to the 30s squad! I’ve found being open about it has generally made my life easier. I’m fortunate in that people here understand what asexuality is pretty well, but yeah, there is still often the deluge of rather personal questions, and there have been a lot of

times where I just think “I’d rather go back in the closet than fence one more

question about my relationship in the bedroom or masturbation habits”

I certainly understand that people are curious, and my being ace probably seems rather at odds with a lot of

things in my life, but still...

Janus the Fox

I’ll be 32 next week and nearly 3 years in a relationship by next April.  Without any attractions though like the company of the significant other, I usually just wing it... or learning the others attractions towards me, it’s quite the 1st and 2nd had learning experience for which be the first and last long term relationship I’ll have probably.

• Like 1

Hi guys I was member of the forum way back in 2012  I’ve been away for quite some time one minute I’m on here posting away next thing you know it’s 2019 and I’m now 35 crazy right?

The reason I decided to reactivate is because over the last couple of days I’ve been going through I rough patch regarding my anxiety and I thought returning to a place where I felt truly loved and accepted  would help you know?

I’m sure I’ll get through it but until then I want to be part of the community again even though probably everyone I used to know on here as long gone 😢 and the conversation surrounding Asexuality has moved on as well but I’m willing to learn if you’ll have me back.

• Like 5
rachelpenguin
15 minutes ago, Nylocke said:

Just turned 30 last month. Dunno what to really add here though xD

Happy belated birthday!

• Like 1

@Nylocke, happy birthday 🎂 🎂 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Nylocke said:

Just turned 30 last month. Dunno what to really add here though xD

How are your 30s treating you so far? 

29 minutes ago, gray-a girl said:

OMG.... why are 30 somethings in the "older asexuals" group? I don't identify as "older"...😐

Me either, but a lot members here are in their teens or early 20's, so I guess to them we are older. 

@gray-a girl, it's simply because putting all the loosely age group threads together makes it easier for people to find them