For 30-somethings and those around that age

test account

Good luck, @Nahteb15! I haven't been working out in a formal way, but I'm walking a lot these days (more than I usually do, even).

Wow, @Nahteb15, what a summer. I’m sorry to hear about your mum’s death. Amazing work getting back into your training after all that upheaval!

10 hours ago, SaturnOOO said:

Wow, @Nahteb15, what a summer. I’m sorry to hear about your mum’s death. Amazing work getting back into your training after all that upheaval!

Thanks @SaturnOOO it all happened so fast and then there was a situation between my aunt's husband and my dad and brother.  Haven't quite succeeded in getting back to it yet but I'm hoping to get there in the next few weeks. 

• Like 2

Now that I'm in my 30s, it's so much harder to lose weight I've put on. I'm about to start instructing at a gym, though, so that should help get me back on track.

On 8/23/2018 at 1:00 PM, DebtheDemi said:

Now that I'm in my 30s, it's so much harder to lose weight I've put on. I'm about to start instructing at a gym, though, so that should help get me back on track.

I would imagine instructing a class leads to more consistent exercise than taking one. It's so much easier to come up with excuses to not do something when you've paid for it than when you're being paid. :P

• Like 2
10 hours ago, breezycalm said:

I'm 32, turning 33 next month, so I'm in the early stages of my 30's :) 

First 6 years of my 30s have been both the best and worst years of my life - the fastest I've run, great new friendships, discovering myself, a great career - but conversely my first experiences of both loss and mental health issues, plus having a bloody back injury for the last 4 weeks makes me feel older than I am!

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, Deus Ex Infinity said:

I'm slowly heading towards 40. now...omg!! 🙀 How am I supposed to survive 2019 without this thread?

Maybe we'll let you stay. ;)

3 hours ago, Deus Ex Infinity said:

I'm slowly heading towards 40. now...omg!! 🙀 How am I supposed to survive 2019 without this thread?

I'll never be 40

next year on my birthday my age will be 39 and 365 days old

• Like 5

We let Tyke hang out here all the time, and he hasn't been in his thirties for a while. ;) 

• Like 2

We don't kick Tyke out because we don't have the time to keep him out, while he has all the time to stay here. Damn retirees. 

• Like 3

Thank god, I'm 36 in two weeks and over half way towards being kicked out.

I'm still only in my 20's in Hexadecimal.

• Like 1

Age is immaterial 😋 😋 

10 hours ago, œddy said:

Thank god, I'm 36 in two weeks and over half way towards being kicked out.

I'm still only in my 20's in Hexadecimal.

I'm also 36 in 2 weeks, Sep. 9 to be exact. I still pop in now and then to every age thread, though. :lol:

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Snao Cone said:

We don't kick Tyke out because we don't have the time to keep him out, while he has all the time to stay here. Damn retirees. 

You'd miss me if I didn't exist

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Midland Tyke said:

You'd miss me if I didn't exist

Just like I miss so many other people who don't exist, right? 😛

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Snao Cone said:

Just like I miss so many other people who don't exist, right? 😛

Anyway, you might not have wait long. We are heading into hill (aka cliff) country....

• Like 1
RakshaTheCat
18 hours ago, Snao Cone said:

Damn retirees. 

Join us! Become one! At least partially, like me! ;) 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Spotastic said:

I'm also 36 in 2 weeks, Sep. 9 to be exact. I still pop in now and then to every age thread, though. :lol:

:P Do you mean something like (looks in 20s thread), "Gosh, I'm glad I'm older, wiser and that all that horrible stuff is behind me" and (looks in 40s/50s threads), "Oh. I have a lot to learn; I don't know much at all."? ;)

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Snao Cone said:

I'm at the age where I'm starting to forget what my exact age is. :P

In your early teens then? That was when I started to forget. 😸

• Like 1
bluedragonwings
On 9/2/2018 at 10:01 AM, Snao Cone said:

I'm at the age where I'm starting to forget what my exact age is. :P

On 9/2/2018 at 2:58 PM, Marcin said:

In your early teens then? That was when I started to forget. 😸

Yeah. Starting in late teens I mostly stopped caring. It was always others who would make a bigger deal of it than me. I mean I was drinking before 21 (17 in UK). So everything else was just a whatever. Part of why I have always felt old. Been cynical and jaded since my teens at least.

• Like 1
bluedragonwings

Well does it even really count as cynical if you are right?

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, bluedragonwings said:

Well does it even really count as cynical if you are right?

...that is a very very good point. I think I'm less cynical now because I was very very realistic in my earlier years. I had planned my trajectory assuming that my first degree wouldn't get me a decent job so I'd have to work at a shitty one then go back to school (which I did). Since then things have been...incremental, but still not impressive, and that's exactly what I had prepared myself for. I had predicted my own mediocrity, and now that I'm living it I'm feeling closer to okay.

I think what's really helping me be less cynical and happier in my 30s is knowledge and acceptance of aromanticism and asexuality, quite honestly. I no longer feel like I wasted that part of my youth by not having a love life fit for prime time television.

• Like 2
bluedragonwings
17 minutes ago, Snao Cone said:

I think what's really helping me be less cynical and happier in my 30s is knowledge and acceptance of aromanticism and asexuality, quite honestly. I no longer feel like I wasted that part of my youth by not having a love life fit for prime time television.

Yeah. Not there yet. Either in comfort with self, my situation, or the world.

I really want that cute princess knight (Valkyrie?) to come and sweep me off my feet.