For 30-somethings and those around that age

test account

I'm a walking machine but I'm still breaking down. :P Much of that is because of walking - either I slip and fall on ice as I did last year, or I get hit by a car as I did this year. :rolleyes: Well at least neither of those really stopped me for very long. My overall health is probably much better for doing as much walking as I do, especially my mental health.

• Like 4

For some reason, my cardiovascular health took a real dive over the past year. I'm hopeful that it isn't too late to get right with my diet and exercise and ultimately be in the best shape of my life, but I definitely feel like I aged all sorts of rapidly in my mid-30s!

1 hour ago, wonk said:

For some reason, my cardiovascular health took a real dive over the past year. I'm hopeful that it isn't too late to get right with my diet and exercise and ultimately be in the best shape of my life, but I definitely feel like I aged all sorts of rapidly in my mid-30s!

good luck with getting in the best shape of your life :) 

I'd have to go back in a time machine 20 years to be in the best shape of mine 

• Like 2

I was never in good shape as a kid, so I haven't really declined much.

Wish I could say the same. I used to play football to keep fit for rugby, but now I'm so unfit that I'll struggle to run a bath :P

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Andrew001 said:

good luck with getting in the best shape of your life :) 

I'd have to go back in a time machine 20 years to be in the best shape of mine 

Thank you! My bar is low :lol:

On 17-3-2018 at 12:57 AM, Andrew001 said:

If any of the teenages on this forum look at the older board they'll think it's all down hill from 25 

That's because it's true :D.

I had my first knee injury due to overuse just as I turned 35 a couple of months ago. Apparently the combination of playing volleyball and remodelling my upper floor for two months is not good for your knees... at least not when you're 30+. Seriously, I could do all of that and more without breaking a sweat ten years ago!

Has anyone else started to make "getting up" noises? I feel like that's a sign I've reached the beginning of the end! :D

• Like 7
1 minute ago, wonk said:

Has anyone else started to make "getting up" noises? I feel like that's a sign I've reached the beginning of the end! :D

Do I ever! Getting up noises, shifting position noises, coming in after walking up the stairs noises...

I also blow all my word documents up to 150% to work on them so... Officially into my "maturity."

• Like 3
1 minute ago, SaturnOOO said:

Do I ever! Getting up noises, shifting position noises, coming in after walking up the stairs noises...

I also blow all my word documents up to 150% to work on them so... Officially into my "maturity."

:lol: And the injuries. I hurt myself because I slept wrong, walked wrong, yawned wrong....

I thought I had more time!

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, wonk said:

:lol: And the injuries. I hurt myself because I slept wrong, walked wrong, yawned wrong....

I thought I had more time!

In January I put my back out for a month, just stretching. 

You know you're old when.......

• Like 1
3 hours ago, SaturnOOO said:

I also blow all my word documents up to 150% to work on them

SAME!

• Like 1

It's not that bad, peeps! You'll soon forget that you used not to do these these things. The same as you'll forget just about anything else that you'd like to remember......

:D 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Midland Tyke said:

It's not that bad, peeps! You'll soon forget that you used not to do these these things. The same as you'll forget just about anything else that you'd like to remember......

:D 

I already forget why I walked into a room half the time. It has begun

• Like 2
knittinghistorian
15 hours ago, wonk said:

I feel that if my lithe, athletic young cats all make assorted little noises of effort when they jump onto (or off of) furniture, I need not be ashamed of my groaning to get out of bed in the morning.  :)

knittinghistorian

On the other side of things, I have never been pregnant or given birth, so my body hasn't undergone the corresponding wear-and-tear.  Physical benefits of asexuality!  Actually, in my thirties, people still mistake me for a college student on occasion.  Knock on wood!

• Like 3
knittinghistorian
57 minutes ago, Claire1983 said:

I already forget why I walked into a room half the time. It has begun

Nah, I've always done that.

@knittinghistorian, my cats give a little mew before jumping. A useful warning if they are jumping up onto the bed you're occupying :P

• Like 2
18 hours ago, wonk said:

Oh yeah, all kinds of grunts and noices. Stomach can't handle spicy food or coffee anymore. Got glasses. Got ear hair. Eyebrows are growing like weeds. Need nine hours of sleep. And I still got a few months before actually turning 30 :lol:

• Like 2
23 hours ago, wonk said:

Getting up noises - not intentionally, but yes. Usually it's my joints (and sometimes even my ribcage?!) that creak and pop very audibly. 

Sitting down noises - oh yes. All the time. 

Also like @ev13 mentioned, the hairs they are a-growing. Stupid ear hair, and even stupider nose hair. I've been quite a fluffy creature since my eleventh birthday, but it's only been the last 2-3 years that my nostrils have decided to sprout from the depths. Gross. 

• Like 2
8 hours ago, ev13 said:

Stomach can't handle spicy food or coffee anymore.

Oh yeah. Zantac is my best friend. The main culprits for me are tomatoes, garlic, and chocolate.

• Like 1
njosnavelin

I am trying a new tactics in my Turkish language studies. I made a profile on conversation exchange that helps you connect with native  speaking people in the country you whom you are interested in speaking the language. In exchange they are usually wanting to work on their English skills so it is a mutual connection.

I started my profile on Saturday and I have had ten people connect with me in Turkey whom are willing to help me with my spoken understanding the language. I have already started two conversation in WhatsApp with native speakers. I am blown away by the responds to those whom have reached out to me. Everyone has been genuinely awesome towards me.

Never expected this overwhelming responds.  I am really thrilled and hoped this helps me progress my Turkish language beyond into the spoken realm of understanding that I have been avoiding 

• Like 3

My sweet tooth is definitely dying down with age. I'm watering down sugary beverages.

• Like 5
bluedragonwings

My sweet tooth is getting stronger. But that could just be me trying to fill the void in my ever expanding hole of a soul created when youth leaves the body.

• Like 3

My sweet tooth is alive and well. I'm trying to cut back, and I don't get as cranky when I don't have something sweet, but I still very much enjoy my sugar. 

• Like 2

My sweet tooth used to resemble a Narwhal's tusk :P:P, but now it's a savoury, chilli and beer tooth :P:P

• Like 2

I love chocolate (prefer milk over dark). My mom will be 60 this year and eats chocolate as much as me. I don't see it dying down any time soon. :D

• Like 2