For 30-somethings and those around that age

test account

I feel like my being in my thirties is like a netherworld of sorts, especially being single with no children. I certainly don't feel like an adult, and don't really find those younger than me immature or disrespectful. At the same time, I can't really call myself a kid anymore, which in my 20's I kinda felt comfortable doing. It's like being this old is not what I thought it would be, and that's a positive thing actually.

• Like 2

Btw, how does the multiquote thing work? I don't get it, and I'd like to do what I've seen others do, include replies to a bunch of people in one post. how does it work?

Yep, multi-quote is tricky. First, click "MultiQuote" at the bottom of each post you want to quote. Then, click "Add Reply" at the top right of the page. Not the one at the bottom of the page - it doesn't work when multi-quoting, for whatever reason.

I loved the 30's - old enough to please yourself but young enough to still act like a kid when you feel like it. :lol:

EarthWarrior

I LOVE this thread!

I'm 28, and have been looking forward to my 30's since my early 20's! No idea why, I just love the idea of getting older and becoming wiser.

Also, the older I get, the more secure I become in my asexuality. In my early 20's, I found my lack of interest in sex to be confusing and even quite worrying, but as the years progressed, I became more and more confident and secure in who I am and the path I wanted to walk.

With each year that I age, I learn more lessons, gain more wisdom, and become more self aware. Ageing is a beautiful journey in my opinion! :D

Most people will experience massive life changing events around the age of 30, due to Saturn's Return - My link

Peace&Love

• Like 2
FrozenCherry

I LOVE this thread!

I'm 28, and have been looking forward to my 30's since my early 20's! No idea why, I just love the idea of getting older and becoming wiser.

To become wiser have to have life experiences, age only does not make any wiser. (means me)

I love you all!!! :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :)

OMG, when I first arrived on AVEN I wanted something like this so bad!

*is impressed that someone just started this thread, and that people are chiming in and posting*

I love the younger people on the site and those with more years than me, *assures everyone*, but sometimes I've felt a bit like the middle child on here. I've been informed the people who originally were the big crowd in starting this place had all moved on, but would be like our thirty-something crowd now... so I just sort of thought I'd missed the bus by a few years.

But really, I hope this thread turns out to be something cool :cake: ... and I will defo check in again on it.

(P.S. It's nice to see EarthFlower still posting, and good to see you back, Frozen.

*waves at all the other people that would be new to me*)

awdrey-gore/egd. <3

i agree we do need something for us 30+ yr olds . i dnt mind chatting to the younger ones but a chat for ppl abit older would be great. im at a different place than some of the younger ppl esp in the chat rooms i have a little more life experience and have different struggles and different realisations. the younger ones have welcomed me with open arms and are a lovely bunch op ppl but id also like to chat to ppl abit older. this sight is great and ppl really listen and give advise. :) but things im going through now they not or they havnt gotten there yet in thier lives. so yes it would be great if we could have a chatroom for us oldies ;)

There is always http://tinychat.com/avenchat - used when the main chat room goes down. 30-something chat-up?

OMG, when I first arrived on AVEN I wanted something like this so bad!

*is impressed that someone just started this thread, and that people are chiming in and posting*

I love the younger people on the site and those with more years than me, *assures everyone*, but sometimes I've felt a bit like the middle child on here. I've been informed the people who originally were the big crowd in starting this place had all moved on, but would be like our thirty-something crowd now... so I just sort of thought I'd missed the bus by a few years.

But really, I hope this thread turns out to be something cool :cake: ... and I will defo check in again on it.

(P.S. It's nice to see EarthFlower still posting, and good to see you back, Frozen.

*waves at all the other people that would be new to me*)

awdrey-gore/egd. <3

Hi there ^_^ ;) :cake: :cake: :cake:

I LOVE this thread!

Also, the older I get, the more secure I become in my asexuality. In my early 20's, I found my lack of interest in sex to be confusing and even quite worrying, but as the years progressed, I became more and more confident and secure in who I am and the path I wanted to walk.

With each year that I age, I learn more lessons, gain more wisdom, and become more self aware. Ageing is a beautiful journey in my opinion! :D

Most people will experience massive life changing events around the age of 30, due to Saturn's Return - My link

Peace&Love

woot woot, you've returned. I agree with you 100%. I read your link......please tell me more. It's so interesting. I am experiencing huge shift, especially this year.

There is always http://tinychat.com/avenchat - used when the main chat room goes down. 30-something chat-up?

What a great idea. Let's colonize that room. :)

I'm hanging out there for awhile tonight (it's almost 8 PM here). Chat me up, as the kids say. :D

Guest Invisible Pumpkin

Chating in tiny chat have been very nice, i have seeing others aven users on cam and listened them talking :rolleyes: Thats a good way to practice my English

Hi there ^_^ ;) :cake: :cake: :cake:

well, hiya there back. : )

-- -- -- --

Also, I just wanted to let Pied Piper, Armadillo, and YAY know I went over to the other thread and responded there with some support for this endeavor. :cake:

Also, I just wanted to let Pied Piper, Armadillo, and YAY know I went over to the other thread and responded there with some support for this endeavor. :cake:

I know, I don't see what the big deal was when I asked. People were acting like I was suggesting we convert to cannibalism.

Guest Invisible Pumpkin

That sounds like loads of fun Yummy :)

Yes Averillo! it was way fun! maybe we 30's people can try it some weekend when we are not doing much. :rolleyes:

I know, I don't see what the big deal was when I asked. People were acting like I was suggesting we convert to cannibalism.

Elderly want to steal our youth like a vampire do suck blood :evil: so that's why they hate the idea, they need us to stay close to them, we are their meal!! STAY AWAY FROM THEM Pied! hahahaha hahaha :lol: :lol: :lol:

Or maybe pescetarianism. ;) *laughs and hopes it's not too early to make that joke yet*

Or maybe pescetarianism. ;) *laughs and hopes it's not too early to make that joke yet*

are you referring to some recent threads? there's been a bit of talk about pescetarianism lately ;)

*looks at you and taps my finger on tip of my nose* ;)

Heckin Chonkosaurus

Well, I just turned 40 (19/3) and I would love to see a more active Olders forum - I check in from time to time and it always seems a bit dead... I shall keep my eye on this thread!

Ged of Earthsea

I'm sick of being single. It's just boring now. I had big career goals when I was younger, and I'm glad I didn't just get married and have kids like my friends. I wanted my own life, freedom, no complications. Now it's just boring. And I'm totally fed up with 'eternal bachelors' who seem to think that a single woman in her thirties must be a 'good time girl' because she's not married. Excuse me, I have a brain. And I'm not impressed <_<

:) I kind of had the opposite route. I wanted to get married, settle down and have children before 25. Didn't happen, though I think part of the reason may be I did not work at it. In the sense of going out there, trying to find a partner, etc etc. That just didn't come to me naturally.

Women friends of mine around that time also said things about not wanting to marry/have children and had career concerns. Two years later, quite a few were married. I guess the perspective changes dramatically after a few years in a job and a steady relationship. Actually, no realtionships are required if you belong to a society that is ready to hook you up when you say 'Go!'

Do you do different things? I believe that a large part of the boredom factor is being sucked into a routine to stagnation point, both professionally and socially. There are some people who thrive in that situation, which is great. If you're not that type, I think one should try different hobbies a job-change now and then, etc. Of course, these are all luxuries that may not be available to everyone.

Guest Invisible Pumpkin

I'm sick of being single. It's just boring now. I had big career goals when I was younger, and I'm glad I didn't just get married and have kids like my friends. I wanted my own life, freedom, no complications. Now it's just boring. And I'm totally fed up with 'eternal bachelors' who seem to think that a single woman in her thirties must be a 'good time girl' because she's not married. Excuse me, I have a brain. And I'm not impressed <_<

:) I kind of had the opposite route. I wanted to get married, settle down and have children before 25. Didn't happen, though I think part of the reason may be I did not work at it. In the sense of going out there, trying to find a partner, etc etc. That just didn't come to me naturally.

Women friends of mine around that time also said things about not wanting to marry/have children and had career concerns. Two years later, quite a few were married. I guess the perspective changes dramatically after a few years in a job and a steady relationship. Actually, no realtionships are required if you belong to a society that is ready to hook you up when you say 'Go!'

Do you do different things? I believe that a large part of the boredom factor is being sucked into a routine to stagnation point, both professionally and socially. There are some people who thrive in that situation, which is great. If you're not that type, I think one should try different hobbies a job-change now and then, etc. Of course, these are all luxuries that may not be available to everyone.

I feel like I've never done anything 'normal'. I started off intending to be a missionary (for f---s sake!). I worked my butt off 7 days a week, preaching at people and holding 2 part-time jobs before I decided I would never make it to Africa (partly because my church wouldn't take single women to Africa -- I looked for a husband who would be my plane ticket but nobody suitable showed up. Anyway I was insane at the time so nobody would've had me). Then I decided it was all nonsense and quit that. I'm working full time now and I'm studying visual arts and literature. I've dated all sorts of creeps and weirdos since quitting church, though fortunately I've kept my self-respect in tact. I just can't seem to find my people. I feel most at home in art galleries and I hope to be a portrait painter and illustrator soon.

I look at my life and I think, "why the hell can't you do anything the easy way??" I'm bored with craziness. I want normality. I want to meet a stable, intelligent, ordinary person who likes trees. I don't care if they're losing their hair. As long as they aren't obese and have the use of their limbs. Jeez, you wouldn't think that'd be too hard to find! :P

I guess its hard to find, or we are doing something wrong lol! XD hahaaha ummmm ok ok not SO FUNNY! lol hahahaha XD