For 30-somethings and those around that age

test account

Late birthday wishes & :cake: for you, @Nylocke!

11 hours ago, Phoenix the II said:

First time I come here, Hiiiiiii, didn't know 30 was old(er) already :P 

Didn't know it either until I joined the thread ... but that was a couple of years ago, and according to AVEN standards, I guess I've now joined the group 'one foot in the grave' :D

Anyway. Welcome to the thread!

• Like 1

While I don't think the 30s is old, having a lot of young members on AVEN without as much life experience has definitely made me feel, um, wiser. :P

• Like 5

I feel in this mix between young and old, especially with the whole "Millenials versus Boomers" thing. I'm at the tail end of Gen X and just kinda watching it munching popcorn, though the Millenials clearly have the upper hand.

• Like 1
OutsidersEyes

30's isn't old at all, but I get it. At 29 I could be an 'older ace' when there are so many teens/early 20's aces.

• Like 1
bluedragonwings
On 10/20/2019 at 9:12 PM, gray-a girl said:

OMG.... why are 30 somethings in the "older asexuals" group? I don't identify as "older"...😐

Don’t trust anyone over 30

21 hours ago, Snao van der Cone said:

While I don't think the 30s is old, having a lot of young members on AVEN without as much life experience has definitely made me feel, um, wiser. :P

Wiser. More like wise ass. 

• Like 1
Neutral Charge
11 minutes ago, bluedragonwings said:

Don’t trust anyone over 30

this made me laugh, a evil laugh! =)))

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, bluedragonwings said:

Yer face is wise. 

• Like 2

Nobody even listened to me before I was thirty. As SOON as I hit the bit 3-0, whenever someone started with that, "Oh, you're just-" I'd cut them off with,

"30!! I'm THIR-TY-YEARS-OLD!!"

It really did shut them right up.

• Like 2
bluedragonwings
1 hour ago, Snao van der Cone said:

Yer face is wise. 

It’s true. If only the mind behind it matched. 

40 minutes ago, gray-a girl said:

ooo not 30 yet? Wait until you are!!

Almost 40 actually. Part of why I know not to trust anyone over 30

• Like 4

I've been hearing grunge bands on classic rock stations for a few years now ☹️☹️☹️

• Like 4

When you hear that music on the radio, there is a stabbing feeling in the heart, both joy and existential dread.

I have a love affair for 4:3 video resolution now. When I'm watching something and it is pillarboxed, it is instantly nostalgic and thus 200% better.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, bluedragonwings said:

It’s true. If only the mind behind it matched. 

Almost 40 actually. Part of why I know not to trust anyone over 30

Haha!

• Like 2
12 hours ago, Kav said:

Guys, not that long ago, I heard Metallica on a Classic Rock station.

We're old.

Don't forget that Master of Puppets is well over 30 years old :P

• Like 2
2 hours ago, SkyenAutowegCaptain said:

Don't forget that Master of Puppets is well over 30 years old :P

And what a great album that was.

• Like 2

I didn't realize how old that album actually is! I still consider their music heavy today, let alone in the 80's. Leaper Messiah is my favorite song off the album. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
3rdkyuproblems

I didn't feel old, until I had to explain dial-up internet to our office apprentice and then, well... *facepalm*

• Like 3
29 minutes ago, 3rdkyuproblems said:

I didn't feel old, until I had to explain dial-up internet to our office apprentice and then, well... 

I wonder if they would recognise the sound at all - 

• Like 4
3rdkyuproblems
8 minutes ago, Eutierria said:

I wonder if they would recognise the sound at all - 

Ahh, 0:17 is my favourite part 😆

Amazing we got anything done, really!

8 minutes ago, 3rdkyuproblems said:

Amazing we got anything done, really!

Can apply that to today in a different way. Internet AND phone use...simultaneously. No wonder everyone (I assume) struggles with time management. 

• Like 1
3rdkyuproblems
9 minutes ago, Eutierria said:

Can apply that to today in a different way. Internet AND phone use...simultaneously. No wonder everyone (I assume) struggles with time management. 

So true. I sort of miss having the time to make a drink in between switching on the computer and actually doing anything.

On 10/19/2019 at 6:18 PM, Rach1234 said:

Happy belated birthday!

On 10/19/2019 at 7:34 PM, SkyenAutowegCaptain said:

@Nylocke, happy birthday 🎂 🎂 

On 10/19/2019 at 7:36 PM, Snao van der Cone said:

How are your 30s treating you so far? 

I sprained my ankle on my first official day of karate x_x Otherwise, its been almost 3 weeks and I was able to walk after the first week but I still can't do my normal exercising and have to improvise other things to do instead.

• Like 3

I just had this weird moment where I couldn't remember my age and thought I was 36... Then I said, no wait, I'm 35. Turns out I'm 34. That was intense.

• Like 3
AceMissBehaving
On 11/3/2019 at 5:31 AM, Nylocke said:

I sprained my ankle on my first official day of karate x_x Otherwise, its been almost 3 weeks and I was able to walk after the first week but I still can't do my normal exercising and have to improvise other things to do instead.

From my experience this is pretty much being in your 30’s!

• Like 1
On 11/8/2019 at 12:31 AM, knout said:

I just had this weird moment where I couldn't remember my age and thought I was 36... Then I said, no wait, I'm 35. Turns out I'm 34. That was intense.

For the last few years I've had to Google 'How Old Am I?' and stick my birth date into a website for the answer! 

I'll blame it on being old. I think I'm old. Am I..? 

*frantic typing* 

38 years, 1 month, 15 days, 23 hours... and counting. Or 13924 days - whichever. 

• Like 2

Do you ever feel like something has passed you by? I am 33 and asexual and I see all these posts of kids and families. I can't stop and think did I miss  something? I am biromantic and sex repulsed. I feel like the pressures of being in your 30's people ask when is the family coming? My only answer is never!  I don't want anyone to touch me and I don't want a relationship. How do other 30 year olds navigate these fraught waters.

• Like 2
18 hours ago, TreMartEyes said:

I feel like the pressures of being in your 30's people ask when is the family coming? My only answer is never!  I don't want anyone to touch me and I don't want a relationship. How do other 30 year olds navigate these fraught waters.

Navigation is tricky. If you figure it out, please let the rest of us know! 

But seriously - I'm right there with you, and I reckon many others are too. There is a societal pressure for all people to pair up and breed, not to mention expectations from friends, family, health-professionals, religions, etc. etc. etc. I say NO. And that I won't change that answer. However... I am getting sick of having to explain and/or justify my decisions. 

• Like 3