For 30-somethings and those around that age

test account

Lovingforboth
13 hours ago, Snao Cone said:

My mix of clumsiness and walking a lot makes heels very dangerous. Sometimes I'll wear them at special events when I know I'll be sedentary for a long period of time, or when I'm home alone very bored and very drunk!

I twisted both ankles, while running in heels. I was a bit tipsy... long story 😂😂

Personally, I do not recommend drinks and heels at the same time. 😂

• Like 2
29 minutes ago, Lovingforboth said:

I twisted both ankles, while running in heels. I was a bit tipsy... long story 😂😂

That's why I only do that at home. :D I could clearly injure myself there, but it's easier to crawl to my bed. 

• Like 1
Elftober Country

I can sprain my ankle when wearing converse. There was a spectacular incident in Edinburgh, I'm still amazed it wasn't broken. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Lovingforboth said:

stick to drinks, then

• Like 1

Chunky heels are much easier to walk in than stilettos. I nearly killed myself in those torture devices. 

• Like 2
bluedragonwings

I don’t get heels. Especially when people say they hate them but wear them anyway. Like if you like them, sure. But why wear something that causes you more pain than it relieves. 

3 hours ago, bluedragonwings said:

Butïŧŋ why wear something that causes you more pain than it relievesïŧŋ. 

Sometimes the temporary pain of wearing them is a reasonable tradeoff to avoid the judgment of people who will make comments about it any chance you get for the rest of your life (like if you're a bridesmaid and you refuse to wear the same heels as other bridesmaids and thus make the whole wedding look sloppy). 

bluedragonwings

See that’s a trade off. I find it stupid but understand it. But when people where it “out” and still dislike them....

i have enough problems existing, I don’t want to add more if they don’t at least prevent others. 

• Like 1
On 4/22/2019 at 10:27 AM, kiaroskuro said:

I don't wear them either, but I'm kind of considering it - just so that people will finally treat me like a person my age. I've already started wearing my hoodies and my boyish (graphic) t-shirts less often ... because they make me look even younger. It really sucks, because there are so many cool pieces of clothing that I can't wear anymore  ðŸ˜Ĩ

I will tell you (and anyone else) what I tell my wife. Wear what makes you comfortable and fuck what anybody else thinks. 

• Like 3
Grumpy Alien
On 4/20/2019 at 4:08 PM, Lovingforboth said:

I can relate to that! And I find it very hard to avoid them, specially when their parents are my co-workers. 

I usually don't wear heels so the other day, at my lunch break, this one kid shook her head in amazed disbelief because she saw I had a few grays in my hair. When I told her I was 34 y/o, this 13 y/o replied "but you're so tiny and cute". In conclusion, not even kids take you seriously when you're 5'10"

Wait wait. Am I to understand 5'10 is considered short?

2 hours ago, disGraceful said:

My cousin (47) is a school teacher and 4'10", so I'd be surprised 

One of my uncles, who was 4'7" tall, gave my dad the nickname of Shorty, which stuck with him throughout his adult life. My dad was 6'5".

17 hours ago, Spotastic said:

I will tell you (and anyone else) what I tell my wife. Wear what makes you comfortable and fuck what anybody else thinks. 

My feelings exactly, I usually don't give a fuck what others think about me. It's just that ... not being taken seriously and being treated like a young, naive person is quite a sore point with me. Difficult to explain.

But I'm not as much into hoodies as I used to be, anyway, so it doesn't really matter that much.

• Like 2
bluedragonwings

So I was made to try on some clothes over weekend. Only real difference was color and pattern from my normal clothes. But I got such a visceral feeling of wrongness that I had a panic attack. Well there were other aggravating factors but that was Main one. Still trying to narrow down why so I can avoid in future. 

Clothes shouldnt give you panic attacks or pain (unless you want them to I guess)

• Like 1
Lovingforboth
On 4/28/2019 at 8:20 PM, disGraceful said:

Sorry, my mistake... I meant 1,55cm (which I think is 5'1" and not 5'10")

Grumpy Alien
11 minutes ago, Lovingforboth said:

Sorry, my mistake... I meant 1,55cm (which I think is 5'1" and not 5'10")

OH THANK JESUS. I'm 5'3/163cm and I don't consider myself that short.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, disGraceful said:

OH THANK JESUS. I'm 5'3/163cm and I don't consider myself that short.

My wife is 5'9" and often feels short to me. But then again, I'm 6'3"... Most people are short to me. 😁

• Like 1

I'm turning 31 this year so I guess that officially means I am "30 something". Though I constantly have to remind the 21-year old I work with I am not around her age because I look younger. I'll take it though if I can just look 25ish for a few more years, I'm down. 

4 hours ago, affogato said:

I'm turning 31 this year so I guess that officially means I am "30 something". Though I constantly have to remind the 21-year old I work with I am not around her age because I look younger. I'll take it though if I can just look 25ish for a few more years, I'm down. 

I was asked for ID when buying alcohol last week. I’m 36. Last time I was asked was at 31. Apparently I look around 25. I’m happy with that!

• Like 1
QuantumEcho

Shh I snuck in I am 25 but I rounded up. So I am 30 now.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Iam9man said:

I was asked for ID when buying alcohol last week. I’m 36. Last time I was asked was at 31. Apparently I look around 25. I’m happy with that!

Wow! I seriously wanna be like you! 😁

• Like 1
Snao Cone
2 hours ago, QuantumEcho said:

Shh I snuck in I am 25 but I rounded up. So I am 30 now.

By sneaking in early you can learn how to be 30 in advance, so you'll be a master at it when the time comes. The most important skill you'll need in your 30s is the ability to handle the ambivalence between the 20s mindset that you're in a stage of growth and should work towards getting to where you want to go, and the 40s mindset of working within the parameters of where you already are. You'll feel the pressure to settle for what you can get because you need the stability to pay bills, but you'll also feel the pressure to strive for your dreams because people will still see you as young enough to take risks. The result is an anxious paralysis every time you have a moment to sit back and look at your life. 🙃🙃🙃

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Snao Cone said:

By sneaking in early you can learn how to be 30 in advance, so you'll be a master at it when the time comes. The most important skill you'll need in your 30s is the ability to handle the ambivalence between the 20s mindset that you're in a stage of growth and should work towards getting to where you want to go, and the 40s mindset of working within the parameters of where you already are. You'll feel the pressure to settle for what you can get because you need the stability to pay bills, but you'll also feel the pressure to strive for your dreams because people will still see you as young enough to take risks. The result is an anxious paralysis every time you have a moment to sit back and look at your life. 🙃🙃🙃

Such a cheery message! I suspect it's more than a little tongue-in-cheek, although from previous posts some of it is the heartfelt truth for you.

But the good news is that you (our twenty-something correspondent) WILL come out of it (your 30s) alive and able to look forward with optimism and hope and have a decent set of experiences to rely on. And at some point you'll just relax into being you (whoever that is) and get on with life like that.

• Like 3
Snao Cone
10 minutes ago, Midland Tyke said:

Such ïŧŋa cheery message! I suspect it's more than a little tongue-in-cheek, although from previous posts some of it is the heartfelt truth for you.ïŧŋ

Hey, I'm just being realistic. Whatever age a person turns, they'll be thinking of the knowledge and experience they've already gained and how to apply it to their future, while others (especially senior to them) will perceive them as being on the precipice of whatever life stage they just ended. It's a more obvious difference when you're looking at film decades of life, and the 30s has some heavy associations to it. The 60s does as well, and you should know it. People younger than you (and the government, come next year) think you're a senior but people older than you don't think you qualify as being in "old age". It's just more enjoyable for you because of your health and retirement. 

Chamomile_Serenity
On 5/1/2019 at 7:07 AM, Iam9man said:

Don't drink so I don't have that issue, but if I did I probably would.  People have often assumed I'm a 20-something ...I used to hate it when I was younger (my "baby" face prevented me from getting R-rated movies when they actually checked ids then) but I appreciate it now.  

• Like 1
kiaroskuro
On 5/8/2019 at 4:21 AM, Chamomile_Serenity said:

Don't drink so I don't have that issue, but if I did I probably would.  People have often assumed I'm a 20-something ...I used to hate it when I was younger (my "baby" face prevented me from getting R-rated movies when they actually checked ids then) but I appreciate it now.  

It's weird - sometimes it happens that people look genuinely surprised when they find out that I like to drink hard liquor once in a while. Do I look as if I live on milk? Jesus. 🙄

• Like 3

What I hate is getting carded for buying cough medicine...

• Like 4
Skycaptain

@Spotastic, a lot of people don't realise that many cough mixtures are 5-9% alcohol 

@Skycaptain A friend of mine had her sick daughter with her when she was buying cough medicine and was told that she couldn't buy it because she had a minor with her. I get making people aware of the fact there's alcohol in it, but not being able to buy cough medicine for your daughter who is coughing in line with you... that's ridiculous.

• Like 1

Another thing about medicine that bothers me is the idiots who have abused prescription painkillers have made it impossible for people who really need them to get them. My father has cancer and he can only get a for fifteen day supply. He has throat cancer and its pressing on a nerve and causing sever pain.