For 30-somethings and those around that age

test account

@DebtheDemi My wife is not asexual and doesn't wear much jewelry, but she is also non binary. She is fine with female pronouns (just don't call her a lady), but the whole idea of gender is a strange concept for her. We've been working on learning Spanish, and because all nouns are gendered, it's been a real struggle for her to work with. 

@Dulcunea Bienvenidos! Mucho de la gente aquí no habla español. Soy grissexual y estoy feliz que puedes encontrar un lugar para pertenecer. Soy estudiando español y espero que comprendes que yo hablo. Hay un foro en español si quieres ir allá.

• Like 2

I used to wear jewelry all the time, especially when I worked in an office. I used to love rings, but they seem to bug me more than they're worth wearing. Same goes for necklaces. Nowadays, I mostly just wear earrings, and the same pair at that.  Earring are a lot of fun, but I have to be careful of which kinds I wear. Cheap, costumes sets tend to be made out of nickle, which I'm allergic to. If I wear them for too long, my ear holes get itchy and irritated. 

10 hours ago, DebtheDemi said:

Question: I was at church yesterday, and a lady pulled me aside and asked if I don't like wearing a lot of jewelry (really weird question to whisper; I thought she had a more important question lol). I usually have on one pair of earrings, which is ironic because I have 4 ear piercings, and that's it. Sometimes I'll put on a necklace or bracelet.

I'm still pretty new to identifying as ace (2 years this month), so is minimalism an ace thing, or are there some who love to be weighed down in jewelry? (This lady is usually weighed down with jewelry, and she looked so confused when I told her I like the bare minimum.)

She seems like a weirdo to be honest.  lol!  What an odd question. :blink:

If that were me I probably would've taken it as a nosy inquiry about my identity/sexuality, because in my case I'm on the masculine side of the spectrum.

I use to wear a lot of spiked bracelets, wallet chains, bandanas, black nail polish, watches, necklaces, earrings, rings....had the punk rock style going on back in the day.  Now I just wear a rubber bracelet and my ace ring most of the time.  Minimalism isn't specifically an ace thing.  It just depends on the person.

• Like 2
On 2/11/2019 at 7:36 PM, AceOfHearts_85 said:

She seems like a weirdo to be honest.  lol!  What an odd question. :blink:

If that were me I probably would've taken it as a nosy inquiry about my identity/sexuality, because in my case I'm on the masculine side of the spectrum.

I use to wear a lot of spiked bracelets, wallet chains, bandanas, black nail polish, watches, necklaces, earrings, rings....had the punk rock style going on back in the day.  Now I just wear a rubber bracelet and my ace ring most of the time.  Minimalism isn't specifically an ace thing.  It just depends on the person.

I was a bandanas, crop tops, baggy pants, and platform sneakers girl in high school.

• Like 1
On 2/11/2019 at 9:19 AM, Dulcunea said:

Hola como están soy muy nueva en eato, siempre  imagine que el problema era solo yo , mis amigas no lo entendian qie no sintiera necesidad de sexo. Me he leido todo sobre el tema.me gustan las chicas que parecen chicos. Estuve en relaciones distancia y me sentía bien pero en el momento de convivir no podía mantener sexo por que si. Prefiero un beso una caricia pero no me atrae el sexo.estoy mal verdad no se con quien hablar todo esto q me pasa mi cabeza tiene mucho lío. Estuve leyendo algo de los grissexual. Gracias por darme una oportunidad entre ustedes

Hola! Soy demi-grissexual.

On 2/11/2019 at 8:28 AM, DebtheDemi said:

Question: I was at church yesterday, and a lady pulled me aside and asked if I don't like wearing a lot of jewelry (really weird question to whisper; I thought she had a more important question lol). I usually have on one pair of earrings, which is ironic because I have 4 ear piercings, and that's it. Sometimes I'll put on a necklace or bracelet.

I'm still pretty new to identifying as ace (2 years this month), so is minimalism an ace thing, or are there some who love to be weighed down in jewelry? (This lady is usually weighed down with jewelry, and she looked so confused when I told her I like the bare minimum.)

I wear a watch, and that’s it. When rubber bracelets were in, i wore some of those. I have a lot of allergies to stuff, but even then i don’t like it anyway. I’ve had holes close with earrings in them and more rashes than i want to remember. I would probably be minimalist anyway, but i am out of necessity.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Fydron said:

Almost 36 best part being this age nobody harass you anymore about having kids, wife or anything related to that.

I'm almost 34, but I don't get harassed about those things because I legitimately look like a teenager in high school. 😄 Winning! 🙌

• Like 2
On 2/6/2019 at 4:30 PM, LauraGarnham said:

Happy belated 30th birthday :)

When you get to 50 do you think you will feel 50 or will you feel 70?

Hope the tattooing went well.

It went great! Thank you. We decided to get matching cats. "Cattoos." 😂 I hope by the time I am 50 I will have learned how to have fun, and maybe I will feel more like 30 when I'm 50? I like to think I'll make up for my lost childhood in my old age.

• Like 1
On 2/11/2019 at 3:19 PM, Dulcunea said:

estoy mal verdad no se con quien hablar todo esto q me pasa mi cabeza tiene mucho lío.

Es algo que se oye muy a menudo en este foro. El problema es que todos somos rodeados de gente sexual en nuestra vida cotidiana.

Yo también estoy muy agradecida por AVEN porque nos da la oportunidad de conectarse y sentirse menos como seres extraños. 

Lo importante es tener en mente que no debemos forzarnos a hacer cosas que en realidad no nos gustan.

• Like 2
On 2/13/2019 at 4:44 AM, DebtheDemi said:

I was a bandanas, crop tops, baggy pants, and platform sneakers girl in high school.

Ah, baggy pants! How I miss them. The platform sneakers, not so much...

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Rach1234 said:

I don’t understand the world. Is it cos I’m ace?

I don't believe so, no. 

The world is a weird place these days. You can only comprehend it if you were birthed with a smartphone grasped in your newborn hands and grew up to have the ambitions of a (so-called) reality TV star. Oh, and only then if you've got a hashtag in your name. 

(he said bitterly, remembering when # was called a Hash) 

• Like 1
On 2/11/2019 at 7:28 AM, DebtheDemi said:

I'm very sexual but I'm not super fond of jewelry.  Like, every once in a while when I'm feeling particularly fancy I'll put some on, but normally I don't.  I also love makeup but rarely give myself the time to actually apply it 

• Like 1
On 2/11/2019 at 2:19 PM, Dulcunea said:

Hola como están soy muy nueva en eato, siempre  imagine que el problema era solo yo , mis amigas no lo entendian qie no sintiera necesidad de sexo. Me he leido todo sobre el tema.me gustan las chicas que parecen chicos. Estuve en relaciones distancia y me sentía bien pero en el momento de convivir no podía mantener sexo por que si. Prefiero un beso una caricia pero no me atrae el sexo.estoy mal verdad no se con quien hablar todo esto q me pasa mi cabeza tiene mucho lío. Estuve leyendo algo de los grissexual. Gracias por darme una oportunidad entre ustedes

Hola! Creo que todos imaginamos que estábamos solos antes de encontrar este foro. No soy gris pero si que soy asexual. Si tiene alguna pregunta intentaré contestarle aquí o en mensajes privados.

(Hello! I think we all imagined we were alone before finding this forum. I’m not grey but I am asexual. If you have any questions I will try to answer here or via private messages).

My goodness me what a complete fail I am. I remember saying hello again here months ago then promptly never posted anything. However, lately I’ve been wanting some more online interaction between like minded peeps so... I came back to AVEN.... AGAIN. I’m still in the 30 something category, I had my 36th birthday at the end of January. Hope everyone is having a nice Saturday 💜☺️

• Like 2
On 2/11/2019 at 1:28 PM, DebtheDemi said:

I’m a minimalist and I’m ace, but I don’t see them as related. I only wear my watch (which is also minimalist!).

3 hours ago, HomeBirdJen said:

My goodness me what a complete fail I am. I remember saying hello again here months ago then promptly never posted anything. However, lately I’ve been wanting some more online interaction between like minded peeps so... I came back to AVEN.... AGAIN. I’m still in the 30 something category, I had my 36th birthday at the end of January. Hope everyone is having a nice Saturday 💜☺️

This is a fun place for online interaction, coming from somebody who's averaged 10,000 posts a year since joining. :D

• Like 2
19 hours ago, Raire said:

(he said bitterly, remembering when # was called a Hash) 

I remember it being a pound sign. 😀

• Like 2
rachelpenguin

One of my colleagues once asked me why the save icon is a little square. I could’ve died. 

• Like 4
3 hours ago, Rach1234 said:

One of my colleagues once asked me why the save icon is a little square. I could’ve died. 

What other common symbols are going obsolete? Film reels? 

4 hours ago, Rach1234 said:

That reminds me of what one of my programming teachers told us about the time he subbed for a class of non-technology students.

"If the website you type in ends with '.net' or '.org', you do not need to add '.com'."

I am amazed at how many people don't know how to use a computer. These people come to me and say, "I need to print something off my phone"

"Great, is it in your Email?"

"Yes"

"There is a computer over there for customer usage. Sign into your Email and print it out."

"I don't know how to do that. Can I Email it to you and you print it out"

"No"

Usually at this conversation trails off into "I don't know my password.", "I don't have time for this." "I don't know how to sign in" "Where is the keyboard?"

I am convinced. Phones have made people stupid OR phones have put technology into the hands of people who couldn't ever afford a computer.

• Like 3

@njosnavelin in all fairness you only need to be in your forties to have gone through school and university without ever having had to touch a computer, never mind getting educated on IT 

My mum was really confused about the “ON” button on her phone’s keypad. She brought it to me asking what was wrong and why it wouldn’t do anything when she pressed it. It was actually a little key symbol to indicate locking the keypad. But the shape of the logo made it look like a capital “O” with a squared-off lower case “n” next to it 🙃😂

• Like 2

I worked at a couple of cell phone store for a while and some of things people panicked over about their phones were ridiculous. I had one lady practically in tears because she said her brand new phone wouldn't turn on. She showed me by pressing the power button. I told her to hold it in, and magically, the phone turned on.

• Like 2

@LVG, that sounds like my stepdad. He's forever going into phone shops, or calling customer services whinging and whining about this and that, because he doesn't listen to staff the first, second or third time 

On 2/15/2019 at 1:52 PM, kiaroskuro said:

Ah, baggy pants! How I miss them. The platform sneakers, not so much...

My ankles never recovered lol.

On 2/15/2019 at 5:39 PM, xstatic said:

I'm very sexual but I'm not super fond of jewelry.  Like, every once in a while when I'm feeling particularly fancy I'll put some on, but normally I don't.  I also love makeup but rarely give myself the time to actually apply it 

On 2/16/2019 at 7:37 AM, Ace9 said:

I’m a minimalist and I’m ace, but I don’t see them as related. I only wear my wedding ring (which is also minimalist!).

Thanks, you all!

• Like 2