For 30-somethings and those around that age

test account

10 minutes ago, bluedragonwings said:

I liked Simpsons. But Animaniacs or ST:TNG/Babylon 5 take precedence for the time period for me. 

Could you develop a close relationship with someone who knew virtually nothing about Star Trek?

bluedragonwings

St yes. Babylon yes. Animaniacs only if they have a damn good excuse. 

• Like 1

I've never watched Babylon 5, but I have seen all of TNG at least once, and I know all 50 states and their capitals thanks to Wakko.

• Like 2
bluedragonwings

You can continue to be my friend. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, bluedragonwings said:

I liked Simpsons. But Animaniacs or ST:TNG/Babylon 5 take precedence for the time period for me. 

Ditto. Plus X-Men and Gargoyles. Never really watched the Simpsons.

I almost forgot about Gargoyles. I liked that show. X-Men was a Saturday morning favorite. I remember watching it with my mom. She had the hots for Wolverine, lol! Animaniacs were hilarious.

My parents (mostly my dad) raised me by sitting me in front of a TV and letting me do my own thing, so I watched all of those shows. I never could get into Babylon 5, though. Loved the Animaniacs, Gargoyles, and especially Star Trek. I'm not sure I could have a close relationship with someone who didn't like Star Trek, and it takes a lot for me to consider a relationship 'close' anyway. My wife loves Star Trek perhaps even more than I do. But I mean, my username came from bowling one time with family and friends when they put my name in the machine as Mr. Spock. All that showed up was Mr. Spo, and the name stuck for me. Spo + fantastic = Spotastic.

• Like 1
bluedragonwings

I am ready to reincarnate now. This reality/timeline just does not suit me well.

• Like 5
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest DesertWells

It took finding an asexual forum and click on a forum titled “older asexuals” in order to realise, I am in fact, old.

31 though, I’m just sneaking in here by a hair!

I just introduced myself in the welcome forum, I’m very confused, but I’m happy to be here.

Hello!

32 minutes ago, DesertWells said:

It took finding an asexual forum and click on a forum titled “older asexuals” in order to realise, I am in fact, old.

31 though, I’m just sneaking in here by a hair!

I just introduced myself in the welcome forum, I’m very confused, but I’m happy to be here.

Hello!

Hello! We're here because above the median age of AVEN members, while only some of us are above the median age of the whole population of our countries. :P

• Like 1
Guest DesertWells
21 minutes ago, Lusnaofer said:

Hello! We're here because above the median age of AVEN members, while only some of us are above the median age of the whole population of our countries. :P

Age is just a number anyway right 😁 I know the only thing that bothers me about my age, is the time spent idling in dissatisfaction. But, it is true that you are as old as you feel, and I often feel like a 10 year old.

@DesertWells, welcome to AVEN 🎂 🎂 

BrownEyedKitty

"United States, Canada, Mexico, Panama, Haiti, Jamaica, Peru..

"

*Looks around*. What?  It's my life's goal to memorize that entire song! 

😂

• Like 4
8 hours ago, BrownEyedKitty said:

United States, Canada, Mexico, Panama, Haiti, Jamaica, Peru..

"

I found a tape of animaniacs the other day, and couldn't find anything to listen to it on!

• Like 2
8 hours ago, BrownEyedKitty said:

"United States, Canada, Mexico, Panama, Haiti, Jamaica, Peru..

"

😂

Republic Dominican, Cuba, Caribbean, Greenland, El Salvador too

Puerto Rico, Columbia, Venezuela, Guyana, Honduras and still

Guatemala, Bolivia, then Argentina

Ecuador, Chile, Brazil

Costa Rica, Belize, Nicaragua, Bermuda

Bahamas, Tobago, San Juan

Something something something something 

French Guyana, Barbados and Guam

Okay, so I don't know the whole thing either. :P

• Like 2
bluedragonwings

I just showed that to someone the other day for the first time. A lot of it is on Hulu. Not all though. Glad I have dvds.

BrownEyedKitty

I think I've found my people! ❤️

There's Norway and Sweden and Iceland and Finland and Germany now in one piece

Switzerland Austria Czechoslovakia Italy Turkey and Greece

Poland Romania Scotland Albania Cyprus and Russia, Oman...

• Like 2

Bulgaria Saudi Arabia Hungary

Cyprus Iraq and Iran

There's Syria Lebanon Israel Jordan

Both Yemens Kuwait and Bahrain

The Netherlands Luxembourg Belgium and Portugal

France England Denmark and Spain

(You can tell how dated this song is by needing to point out Germany is one country but there are two Yemens, as well as Czechoslovakia. I'm sure Yugoslavia must be listed in it as well, but I can't remember where)

• Like 2
BrownEyedKitty
21 hours ago, Lusnaofer said:

(You can tell how dated this song is by needing to point out Germany is one country but there are two Yemens, as well as Czechoslovakia. I'm sure Yugoslavia must be listed in it as well, but I can't remember where)

I seem to remember seeing a while back that someone (maybe Rob Paulsen himself?) did an updated one, but I may be wrong.

39 minutes ago, BrownEyedKitty said:

I seem to remember seeing a while back that someone (maybe Rob Paulsen himself?) did an updated one, but I may be wrong.

My brother mentioned that, but I haven't bothered to look for it. The original version is like a moment frozen in time, like the US flag with 47 stars on it.

Guest DesertWells

Anyone else find going to the hairdressers awkward? I thought I’d grow out of it. I’d rather go to the dentist.

Just sitting in a chair, while someone stands ominously behind you, messing with your head, attacking you with scissors and asking you personal questions. I feel like I’m being interrogated.

And why when you go into the hairdressers do they look at you like they’re surprised you’re there? Do I seriously need to say “hey, I’d like my hair cut”? Isn’t that the whole purpose of a hairdressers...when I walk in and someone takes me to a seat, without being prompted, that person just made my day.

Oh, but then! They ask “how do you want it cut?” - this question is the bane of my existence. I have no idea! A bit shorter please, but not too short, just cut my hair nicely. Then at the end they show the back of my head which is like having an outer body experience, when else do I get to see the back of my head? Thanks for that slightly creepy experience.

And why is it I can hold up a regular conversation, but talking to a hairdresser is like doing mental algebra? I have no idea how some people manage to talk for the whole time, what on Earth do they talk about? It’s not like I can ask what the hairdresser does for a living, and I really don’t want to resort to talking about the weather.

But! I need to go soon, my hair is getting out of control. Wish me luck.