For 30-somethings and those around that age

test account

Fisheisley
16 minutes ago, Sam_Tiago said:

I do. Most of my friends are younger than me. I feel better near them, and most of my friends Who are around my age are married or getting married. I am 34 but I feel a lot younger than that. 

Yeah. All friends my age are married, maybe have kids...all my younger friends don’t consider me the age I really am. Good to know there’s someone else out there. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Fisheisley said:

I’m about to be 37 and I feel like I don’t belong here, lol. I adore Kpop (I went to Vegas specifically to see my favorite band’s world tour), I love apps and my iPhone, I feel more at home with the younger crowd and I enjoy a lot of new music coming out including rap. I wear Deadpool and hello kitty tank tops...Maybe that’s a product of trauma keeping me in my early 20’s, but is there anyone else out there that feels out of place amongst their own generation?

I'm early 60's (and here I am in the 30's thread. I'm in the 50's thread too, mind you). Most of my contemporaries are married (some more than once) and have kids and many have grand-kids. I have none of those. I'm fitter and more active than a lot of them, so at times I do feel out of touch with 'my' generation. But in lots of other ways I'm my age, so it's only partial.

• Like 1
23 hours ago, Fisheisley said:

Maybe that’s a product of trauma keeping me in my early 20’s, but is there anyone else out there that feels out of place amongst their own generation?

I'll be 37 in September, but I don't feel that I've mentally matured since my early teens ('had to grow up early for reasons). Physically I'm an older creature, but no-one thinks that I'm over mid-twenties, let alone on my way to the big four-zero! 

But I agree that everyone else I know / knew seems to have ticked all of the boxes in life, with marriage and kids and careers and mortgages... and I haven't. 

• Like 3

Most of my friends are older than me, some significantly (20+ years) but I get along with them just as well as those closer to my age. 

• Like 2
Spotastic

I'm 35. Most of my friends are older (the 50's thread is my home on AVEN), but I also get new technology. I use my phone constantly, although I'm a gamer so I play lots of games, mostly. I am the most tech-savvy of the 5 adults that I live with. I'm the one who fixes computers when they break down. I like things like k-pop and anime, but I wouldn't say that I'm in the fandom for those specific things. I straddle lines and break the boxes that people try to put me in.

• Like 2
itsmeelysemarie
19 hours ago, LVG said:

Most of my friends are older than me, some significantly (20+ years) but I get along with them just as well as those closer to my age. 

Same. I mean, I do have a few around my age but most of them are much older. I just relate to them better, I guess.

• Like 1

That's how I feel. Even when I was younger, I seemed to relate to adults more than my peers. Guess I was just born old. 

• Like 4
Skycaptain

I'll join this current club. Outside of AVEN I've no real acquaintances my age or younger 

• Like 2
paperbackreader

Echoing the born old sentiment - When I was in my teens, I identified more with people in their 30s than people in their teens. 

I don't feel any different now that I'm in my 30s to when I was 15, but it feels a little like my friends from that my teenage years have now caught up with me :lol:

(though lots of boxes on the relationship fronts are not ticked, I always seem to be 'agony ear' for those problems, even when I was younger) 

So in a funny sort of way because I've always felt older, now I feel young because it's how I felt when I was myself young? 

• Like 2

I just turned 30 and I'm having such a hard time with it. I love superhero girls and legos and graphic novels. My room looks like a 12 year olds. And most of the time that's how old I feel. I never knew anyone else felt like this

• Like 3

Welcome to AVEN @Losti! There's no rule you have to stop liking certain things when you turn 30.

Those are just imaginary rules. Like men drink beer and women drink wine or adults can't enjoy cartoons. 

• Like 5
njosnavelin
10 hours ago, Losti said:

I just turned 30 and I'm having such a hard time with it. I love superhero girls and legos and graphic novels. My room looks like a 12 year olds. And most of the time that's how old I feel. I never knew anyone else felt like this

I like your room. There is a purposes.

My room is messy. 

• Like 4

My room has dirty laundry all over the floor, so it also looks like that of a 12 year old. :P

• Like 3
Skycaptain

@Losti, welcome to AVEN 🎂 🎂 :cake::cake:

It's never a dirty room, just sometimes you're too busy to tidy it :P:P

• Like 2
19 hours ago, Losti said:

Some years back, I remember my mom  told me that my room looks like a war zone... It might've been a little exaggeration yet, I still try to keep my rep ;) Welcome :)

• Like 1

I like my spaces to be pretty clean, but sometimes life takes over/the laundry basket explodes.

Right now it's just leaking out of the closet a little bit......

• Like 2
Skycaptain

Cats hate tidy rooms. Mine very carefully emptied the contents of the waste paper basket all over the floor last night

• Like 3

My room is clean and eclectic, just the way I like it. :) 

• Like 1
hellogorgeous7

I'm tidier at 30 than I was at 15, but my room is my haven so it can't be show-house tidy all the time. Mostly my kitties knock things over and spread their cat hair on any available surface. It helps that I've got rid of a lot of stuff, and stopped buying all the yarn that I didn't have time to work up.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Midland Tyke said:

I don't need the assistance of a cat. 

Gross. Stop playing with your garbage, Tyke.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, SaturnOOO said:

Gross. Stop playing with your garbage, Tyke.

S'OOO is back in Catnada, it seems. Yeah! It's not been as much fun here whilst she and @Snao Cone have been in aeroplane mode. Somehow I find it reassuring to be insulted. I land a few blows of my own, too, of course.

16 minutes ago, Midland Tyke said:

S'OOO is back in Catnada, it seems. Yeah! It's not been as much fun here whilst she and @Snao Cone have been in aeroplane mode. Somehow I find it reassuring to be insulted. I land a few blows of my own, too, of course.

I'm in an *incredibly* grumpy travel mode and still have one flight to go, so I'm in prime condition to swear at innocent bystanders. 

20 minutes ago, Snao Cone said:

I'm in an *incredibly* grumpy travel mode and still have one flight to go, so I'm in prime condition to swear at innocent bystanders. 

They don't deserve it. Just use me.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Midland Tyke said:

They don't deserve it. Just use me.

That's the plan. 

6 minutes ago, Snao Cone said:

That's the plan. 

You're doing okay so far. Without, I realise, having gotten out of second gear yet.

Swearing at you isn't as rewarding as exhausting you by greatly increasing the amount of work you have to put into finding things to correct me on. 

9 minutes ago, Snao Cone said:

Swearing at you isn't as rewarding as exhausting you by greatly increasing the amount of work you have to put into finding things to correct me on. 

I think we both realise that if one has to stoop to swearing, then one has lost the battle.

Just now, Midland Tyke said:

I think we both realise that if one has to stoop to swearing, then one has lost the battle.

I think that rule is outdated and obsolete. Context matters in all cases. 

• Like 1