Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

El3ktra

30somethings forum?

Sally

I don't think you'll be boring, Ged.

I suppose you lot (as PIF would say) will expect a 40somethings forum in ten years? ^_^

PiF

ahhaa you saw sally

40 somethings..then as some want thier own individuals a 42 and a half something

then a 42 and a half dog owners history , along with a 42 and a half cat owners forum and the lsit goes on and on and one

TheEvaTree

ahhaa you saw sally

40 somethings..then as some want thier own individuals a 42 and a half something

then a 42 and a half dog owners history , along with a 42 and a half cat owners forum and the lsit goes on and on and one

Hahahahaaaaa :lol: ....I can't wait! :blush: , hehehe.

Actually, thinking about it, I think I will want my own forum, where only I can post AND comment on subjects that are truly relevant to me - which is ofcourse ONLY ME! :P :P :lol:

You know how people ask what you want to be when you grow up as a kid? That doesn't entirely go away later I think. It's not what you want to be, but something about whether you're going to be stinking rich or ruling the world or some such. Anyway, I have all my answers ready now. Goal in life? To be old, fat and boring. Excitement is so overrated.

Mine is the complete opposite! I still want all that I dreamt of, from the list of wishes that hasn't come true yet and more...stems from a deprived childhood/teenyears combined with a well-developed imagination and appetite for joyous living ;) 8) :D

I don't think you'll be boring, Ged.

I suppose you lot (as PIF would say) will expect a 40somethings forum in ten years? ^_^

Absolutely! :P

AnotherMember

Maybe not this year...

EGD

Hi PiedPiper, YouAreYummy and Averillo Armadillo,

I don't think this is really such a bad idea.

Sometimes when we aren't sure how much of a need or demographic there is for a forum a subforum can be created to test things out.

Our gender forum was originally just a subforum, but now ta-da. :cake:

(I think it used to be originally attached to off-a, like how the arcade is attached to JFF, but don't quote me on that : P).

I think trying out a 30ish to 40ish age group would be cool. I do think those in their late 20s would be fine to come on in and post.

I myself don't really feel old enough to post in the older group. And sometimes I feel a bit like some of the things I am going thru are seen as a bit of a "been there done that" by some of the more regular posters in there; which is just sort of the same thing I mentally think when I read some of the posts by some of the members younger than myself. No judgments here, but yeah, some space would be nice, huh?

I know someone mentioned that a younger forum had been brought up/discussed before. However, if the majority of the posters are younger (15-25 or whatever), and they themselves weren't asking for that space for themselves--perhaps that's part of why it didn't work out? Logistically speaking, maybe herding the majority of our posters into one forum might not be the best long term solution. (But I think it's cool someone was trying to present some ideas/solutions... It's pretty easy to shoot down solutions other people present, and well... it kind of looks like perhaps this might be unintentionally happening to you guys.)

Perhaps those of us who do identify in this middle adulthood demographic, and are interested in a trying out a subforum, could try pursuing this as another approach to sharing the space on here?

I think a trial test subforum located off the main older asexuals forum would be something worth trying out. : ) :cake: :cake: :cake:

AnotherMember

Sometimes when we aren't sure how much of a need or demographic there is for a forum a subforum can be created to test things out.

(I think it used to be originally attached to off-a, like how the arcade is attached to JFF, but don't quote me on that : P).

I think trying out a 30ish to 40ish age group would be cool. I do think those in their late 20s would be fine to come on in and post.

I myself don't really feel old enough to post in the older group. And sometimes I feel a bit like some of the things I am going thru are seen as a bit of a "been there done that" by some of the more regular posters in there; which is just sort of the same thing I mentally think when I read some of the posts by some of the members younger than myself. No judgments here, but yeah, some space would be nice, huh?

I know someone mentioned that a younger forum had been brought up/discussed before. However, if the majority of the posters are younger (15-25 or whatever), and they themselves weren't asking for that space for themselves--perhaps that's part of why it didn't work out? Logistically speaking, maybe herding the majority of our posters into one forum might not be the best long term solution. (But I think it's cool someone was trying to present some ideas/solutions... It's pretty easy to shoot down solutions other people present, and well... it kind of looks like perhaps this might be unintentionally happening to you guys.)

Perhaps those of us who do identify in this middle adulthood demographic, and are interested in a trying out a subforum, could try pursuing this as another approach to sharing the space on here?

I think a trial test subforum located off the main older asexuals forum would be something worth trying out. : ) :cake: :cake: :cake:

Hello! im glad to find you around, its not so easy to find people on my age because...lol! Averillo started this thread http://www.asexuality.org/en/index.php?/topic/59528-for-30-somethings-and-those-around-that-age/ so we are on our way and with the time more will be joining :rolleyes: There is a future coming -_-

Sally

Why don't you ask a mod to pin this thread and voila, you've got your 30s forum!

Edit: Just realized that's not true since it's in site comments. Oh well.

Edit edit: And there is a thread in Older Asexuals.

There should be a Brainless subforum in Older Asexuals but then we couldn't figure out how to use it. gah.

PiF

I want my own section so when i post I won't get in trouble :lol:

even then though someone will come in and bitch :blink:

AnotherMember

Hahaha!! You should really have your own section on the forums!! and trust me if someone bitch at you, WONT BE ME, thats not what I do for fun, but others do...Sad but true, some are a bit bitter...

Nameless123

This made me laugh for the first time today (in a good way :)).

As for a forum for 30-somethings... I've recently turned 31, and and I don't even know what that means. Except for the fact that I don't think I've got anything specific to say to anybody else who's a 30-something that I don't have to say to someone who's 20 or 55.

TheEvaTree

- I agree with you too! If you didn't know...It's my heart that LOVES holding/embracing others and their opposite points of view, and especially if I can watch myself from outside - and have a Great bellylaugh :lol: :lol: :cake: