• Inert
    • Non
    • Nix
    • Sans
    • Void
    • Other
    • Don't pigeon-hole me! No labels!

This poll is closed to new votes

I know this subject has been touched on before, but not in a poll. I think "Ace" seems to be popular, but I'd like to see results in a poll form. If you pick other, please state it.

Mod edit: This thread was moved to Census Archive (2004) from Just For Fun forum.

Just plain A is Okay by me.

I used to call myself Ace though, when I went through a very strange phase in 7th or 8th grade. I liked the sound of it and thought it was a good name for me. My parents thought otherwise for some reason.

If I were to wear an ace emblem today, it would be the Ace of Hearts.

-Greybird

I like "A" just because it's simple and won't cause sexuals to strain their brains too much.

I agree Verity - cool avatar :) !

I like A.

However, I'm also not too much into labels.

I'm just me. Kinda weird, kinda different, kinda... Well, I'm me. What else can I say?

Hey!!!!! Where's Floinkpt!?!?!?!?!?!? Damn you all!!!

;)

Yeah, I voted other. But seriously, A's pretty good.

I would go with "don't pigeonhole" but the survery is asking what term I prefer. to have an opionion, I would have to have a preference. So, only because "Floinkpt" isn't on the list :lol: , I chose "A".

A.

I'm not sure how comfortable I'd be saying I'm ace.

But "Floinkpt" is cool, :lol:

But "Floinkpt" is cool, :lol:

I'm a having problem with the last part though. Is it pronounced like a very short way of saying "put", or like at the end of "crept" or is it just a raspberry type sound?

I'm a having problem with the last part though. Is it pronounced like a very short way of saying "put", or like at the end of "crept" or is it just a raspberry type sound?

Look, I just invented the word. Am I even supposed to know how to pronounce it!? Jeez! That's just asking too much! ;)

Look, I just invented the word. Am I even supposed to know how to pronounce it!? Jeez! That's just asking too much! ;)

Don't be lazy. You invented it, you have to complete it. Never know when it'll end up on Jeopardy or Who Wants to Be A Millionaire. One of us will be on there and we'll loose all the big money because YOU were too lazy to finish the task. It'll be all your fault and we'll loose all our money and you'll have to support us for the rest of our life. Is that what you want?

Don't be lazy. You invented it, you have to complete it. Never know when it'll end up on Jeopardy or Who Wants to Be A Millionaire. One of us will be on there and we'll loose all the big money because YOU were too lazy to finish the task. It'll be all your fault and we'll loose all our money and you'll have to support us for the rest of our life. Is that what you want?

Well if I don't invent a pronunciation, there will be no wrong answer, so there is no problem, since you cannot possibly get the name wrong.

And if somebody else invents a pronunciation and one of you gets it wrong on Jeopardy, then it's not my fault! You should have done your research!

I was talking to a friend of mine about my asexuality, and she coined the term "Celisexual" as a mixture of "Celibate" and "sexual". Her logic was Celibate = no sex, sexual = orientation, the two combining to make an orientation of "Not interested in sex"

Silly Green Monkey

Celibate means wanting to have sex but refusing it, so a celisexual is a person who will always want to have sex but refuse. So maybe more like an antisexual?

The Merriam-Webster dictionary defines celibacy as the "abstention from sexual intercourse". If one looks further, abstain (root of abstention), is defined as "to refrain deliberately and often with an effort of self-denial from an action or practice." I interpret that is meaning that the action is desired, thus I think Silly Green Monkeys description of celisexual would be accurate.

Bestatued Head

I'm not to keen on using nicknames for people, not to mention groups of people. I like to refer to people by their proper name. I'm just boring. Shoot me.

I don't know why, but when I think of "Ace" it sounds like some kind of term of offence.

Hmm...maybe that would be good in a story...

Archived