Skins

carried in bags

Ged of Earthsea

Ged...I have this song on my iPOD :)

I actually like a good deal of the music featured on Skins (UK version). Not everything, but they do have a pretty diverse selection :)

I still think Franky is an asexual panromantic. haha.

I've been listening to that song for *days* now. I don't have an opinion on her sexuality, really. I'm very very taken by the whole on-screen dynamic and I feel they did it in a way that worked for me. Looking around, it seems that not everyone felt that way. I quite liked Matty from the beginning to be frank, and the way he seemed to completely get her. That is a very nice touch. A lot of coming-of-age shows seem to be about finding yourself, but being found by someone else, though rare, is special and worth appreciating too.

I didn't know that Dakota Blue Richards played Lyra in the movie adaptation of His Dark Materials. That seems fitting. I quite liked that character too and the book is full of similar intense but muted emotions as in the last few Skins episodes (or maybe I'm misreading it just to relate).

• 2 months later...
carried in bags

Dakota Blue Richards who plays Frankie in Skins is up for nomination as 'best actress' for the TV Choice Awards. You can vote for her here The full poll starts here

deactivated223434

In the UK we have a teen drama called skins, it's about a group of headonistic teenagers at college who take drugs,have sex, have disfunctianl families and mental health issues. Series 5 (ithink it is) is in full swing and there is a character called Frankie. (I only started to watch this series because i liked the look of her in the trailer.) Each week we get a different story from on of the guys, but in the first week we saw Frankie. She's an androgynous outsider who has had a hard time in the past, everyone assumes she's lesbian simply because of how she dresses. We've not seen much of her since the first week, but she has never confirmed her sexuality. But in last nights episode her friend asked her what her "deal" was and if she like girls or boys, she never gave an answer.

I think we could have the UKs first ace character. Skins is just about the only show that will dare to include such issue. It's dealt with gay stories in the past, where else can it go and be new? I have confidence it'll deal with it all sensitivly and yet fun too. Also Frankie is a lovely person and will be a positive asexual rolemodel. I really hope she is! :wub: :wub: :wub:

24A79F6D-7CE3-4005-9DB7-C433687C4DB0_extra.jpg

frankie-skins-web2.jpg

tumblr_lf32daRETn1qzmjfxo1_500.png

*excited* i love skins!! ^^ YAYAYA finally :D