How does a Sexual cope with anger?

Venus meets Chastity

Venus meets Chastity

Anger and Resentment. When you marry someone and find out you'll never truly consummate the marriage. Years go on and you begin to wonder if it was all a mistake. was it waste of time and years? Each time you attempt to be intimate and again and again finishing in failure.

What can be done to convert those feelings or cope with it?

At first I thought you were asking whether sexuals felt anger differently than asexuals, ha.

If you don't mind me asking, why are you still in this relationship? You know your partner is not going to magically change and become sexual, right? Whatever good things this partner has, odds are that you can find someone who has those things and wants to have sex. Being rejected for sex is really hurtful.

If you don't want to end the relationship, the only way to deal with the feelings is just to accept that you've chosen to give up being sexually satisfied, that you can change your mind whenever you want, and that this is something you've chosen for good reasons (whatever they are for you).

Beat me to it, Black Rose.

You either choose to stay because you love your partner as they are, and accept everything that entails, or you go.

No point staying because you're in love with someone your partner isn't (some fictional sexual version of your partner).

• 1 month later...

There's no simple way to just convert or cope with these feelings, but you can certainly talk to your partner about them! If you're having problems, he/she is probably feeling it too. No one likes to be in a relationship where the other person is unhappy. If you don't think there's a way for the two of you to be mutually happy, yes you may have to consider if that could be that. But first you both need to talk about it!

Archived