The Science of Lust: February 13th on the Discovery Channel

Coleslaw

Hi all,

I very rarely like drawing attention to myself, but I think a lot of people might want a heads up about this?

On February 13th (As a Valentine's Day special, no less), the Discovery Channel will be airing a TV documentary on The Science of Lust. It's goal is to explore most aspects of human sexuality, and this year (in apparently the last 15 minutes) they'll be showcasing asexuality.

Member Phoenix9 and myself will be in this, so hopefully it'll be a positive portrayal of asexuality.

According to the producer, it'll air at 9 PM EST/PST, however, my parents set a recording for 6 PM PST. If anyone is interested... Yea. It's happening.

Happy Valentine's Day?

(Oh god, I'm so awkward. Sorry all.)

Sounds great! I wish I could watch it. Anyone feel like recording it and putting it on youtube (provided this doesn't cause any copyright issues)?

I'll have to see if I can't watch that at work- or go somewhere and watch it as I don't have a t.v.! I hope i get to see it; sounds interesting. So, you're going to be ON the show? Cool!

holly shit, i 'll be home from working, i'll watch it with romeburns together I guess. Woot woot for you, I hope it's good. I am so happy for you and I'll cheer you on!

^-^ Awesome. Not sure how awkward it'll be watching this show with parental units possibly in the vicinity... :ph34r:

...unfortunately, this airing seems to be US-only. Does someone want to be our friendly southern neighbour and record it for us?

I want to watch too! But I don't have cable, so... would someone be kind enough to record it for those of us unable to watch? I'm interested to see how they approach this...

And cake for Coleslaw for being on TV and representing! :cake: :cake: :cake:

I doubt my parents would let me see it. I'd really appreciate it if someone could get it up, though!

This is awesome! I'll be sure to watch it (unless my dormmates grab the tv from me... I won't let it happen!). :cake:

It's going to be awkward; I'm going to be watching at my dad's with my sister, and that could quite possibly be either the worst or the best idea in the world. It will definitely be awkward. I'd offer to record, but I'd only be able to get it to VHS, so I don't think that helps anyone else out.

Congratulations, guys! The show was pretty good. I do think it's too bad they didn't do more to actually differeniate between the two things, but at least the word is getting out there!

Aaaw, I missed it :( Is it available anywhere online?

I do not have a TV so I'm hoping it'll eventually be online too.

It seems a download of the show is up;

http://www.fileserve.com/file/bXRKKKd/Discovery.Channel.The.Science.of.Lust.HDTV.XviD-DiVERGE.avi

It seems like this is the correct show (I didn't watch it, so those who did, please let me know.), and the quality is pretty good here.

Also, just for the sake of liability, I do not own this program; it belongs to Discovery Channel, and I offer this download link to the people who were unable to watch it on TV for various reasons (i.e. Don't have cable, missed it and it's not playing again, etc.). I expect you to watch it like you would on TV or on the internet and then delete it.

I don't think I'm violating any rules of the forums here, but if I am, please feel free to remove this, friendly forum mods. :cake:

[Edit] I got to the part about asexuality finally. It was interesting (although short) and actually did present good information about asexuality. It was kinda cool, knowing that it was you in the show, Coleslaw. :) Way to represent!

Glitter Spock

It seems a download of the show is up;

http://www.fileserve.com/file/bXRKKKd/Discovery.Channel.The.Science.of.Lust.HDTV.XviD-DiVERGE.avi

It seems like this is the correct show (I didn't watch it, so those who did, please let me know.), and the quality is pretty good here.

Also, just for the sake of liability, I do not own this program; it belongs to Discovery Channel, and I offer this download link to the people who were unable to watch it on TV for various reasons (i.e. Don't have cable, missed it and it's not playing again, etc.). I expect you to watch it like you would on TV or on the internet and then delete it.

I don't think I'm violating any rules of the forums here, but if I am, please feel free to remove this, friendly forum mods. :cake:

[Edit] I got to the part about asexuality finally. It was interesting (although short) and actually did present good information about asexuality. It was kinda cool, knowing that it was you in the show, Coleslaw. :) Way to represent!

Thank you for sharing the link! :cake:

:) Excellent. I found a torrent as well. The show's very informative of what I've watched so far.

Thank you so much for putting this up!

I don't have a TV, even if I did, they do not broadcast such programs here!

EDIT: I was hopping for the asexual part to be a bit longer, but you guys did great and explained it very good :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: for you ^_^