1. 1. How romantic are you?

• A
    • Demi
    • Grey
    • Romantic
    • I don't know
    • Other
    • Psychic Octopus

I'm really romantic, but haven't really been in a relationship in a year or so. I love cuddling and all that.

I’m really hopelessly romantic. I enjoy living by myself and I haven’t been in a romantic relationship, but dream to have that someday. I like romantic gestures, cuddles, holding hands, kisses, long walks in summer evenings, spending time with someone I love. Yeah, I want all those sweet and lovely things, even though I really don’t usually like to be touched or hugged by anyone.

• 2 weeks later...
Old_Tired_Heavily_Armed

Like it or not, sexuals are all around us and they're multiplying in numbers. Therefore we have to deal with them a lot. That's why the intrepid crew of A Life discusses some common themes that come up when dealing with them.

Please do add your thoughts about the subject, but I urge you to listen to the show first. It will considerably clarify the poll and give tons of thought-provoking entertainment. You can find the show here:

http://alifepodcast.wordpress.com/

No offense, but you sound like the CDC announcing that, like it or not, the Zombie Apocalypse has begun and we're all just going to have to get our asses out there and start hacking their heads off. There's noting wrong with being sexual if you are. The problem comes in when you aren't and try to be.

I note some degree of hostility toward sexual people on these forums. I suspect it's jealousy. I'm happy with my sexuality or lack thereof...if one is not happy, then one needs to go out and get laid by all means.

IvoryStardust

Definitely romantic. So cheesy I'm like a big slab of Velveeta! hehe. The cuddles and kisses... pet names, cute little sweet nothings,,, random texts... loving whispers... playing/dedicating love songs for each other... unexpected little gifts... rose petals and candles and... just all that! *dreamy sigh*

I'm sappy, I know! :P

I voted Romantic. :wub:

I'm romantic, but that doesn't mean I like relationships. I don't want to be in a relationship and have never felt the need to be mated at all. I fantasize about being in love a lot, but anything less than true lasting love doesn't appeal to me. To me the fantasy of love is far better than any relationship with someone could ever be. I'm loving, but I just don't want anyone.

Aromantic here. Maybe if there were an option for 'attracted to rush of watching your own fantasies come to life on the silver screen from script to publication' I'd pick that, though.

I chose "Demi," because I think it fits me pretty well. Generally, the only people I've truly felt romantic toward (as in, not just a fleeting feeling) are people with whom I've already established friendships. This poll has actually helped me out a bit, so thanks for that! :)

• 2 months later...
cancel account

Hopelessly romantic. the kind you find in trashy romance novels....that is without the sex. :wacko:

Notte stellata

I voted demi, but I don't mind calling myself romantic for convenience. I used to be a standard romantic, the kind who can fall for someone quickly and based on few things. But now I have to be friends with them first.

• 2 weeks later...

I am very much aromantic, although strangely I still enjoy to do couple-like things, i.e. cuddling. Just, with my friends :blink:

Does this make me a psychic octopus?

Huh, thought I already replied to this, but apparently not. Well, I voted romantic at the time, but I've since realized that I'm gray romantic.

• 2 weeks later...
tomboy4life

I dont think their is a romantic bone in my body. Iv always found the idea of being romantic silly.

• 3 weeks later...

Romantic, but I feel romantic attraction to very few women/girls, which some times makes me think that I am aromantic, but I am not as I like kisses, hugs, cuddles and holding hands. :blush:

For the most part I can happily exist without any desire for romance.

But when the mood takes me, it REALLY takes me. I find myself fantasising about all the things I would do to make a significant other cry happy tears, if indeed I had a significant other!

• 2 weeks later...

I am very strongly romantic, but in terms of what I look for/desire romantically, I seem to walk a line that not many aces, even aversive aces walk. I truly enjoy holding hands, cuddling, hugging, what have you, but feel the same paralyzing repulsion towards kissing as I (and many aversive aces) have towards sexual contact or intercourse. Also, I have very little interest in a "serious, committed, monogamous" relationship, and zero interest towards marriage, for what it's worth.

• 5 months later...

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organization, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to re-start new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

Lady Girl, Moderator

Archived