• A
    • Demi
    • Grey
    • Romantic
    • I don't know
    • Other
    • Psychic Octopus

The A Life Team

Like it or not, sexuals are all around us and they're multiplying in numbers. Therefore we have to deal with them a lot. That's why the intrepid crew of A Life discusses some common themes that come up when dealing with them.

Please do add your thoughts about the subject, but I urge you to listen to the show first. It will considerably clarify the poll and give tons of thought-provoking entertainment. You can find the show here:

http://alifepodcast.wordpress.com/

Asexy Existentialist

I don't think I'm very romantic. I've been thinking lately I might be demiromantic. I've always been happy single, and I don't want to die alone and I can appreciate the benefits of being in a relationship, but I see more benefit in not being in one, too. And I think you can tell from the way I approach this logically that I'm not very romantic... :lol:

Sometimes when I come home from the shop or library and almost break my backbone under the weaight of the things I carry, and I see someone walking also out of the store/library, but with a partner who helps them carry things... I wish I was in a relationship. Yep, that's how romantic I am. :D (So I think I will just stick with the idea of getting a car.)

Extremely nonchalant romantic to everyone, myself and the nature. But when it comes to one on one romance.....demi for sure!

Very aromantic, to the extent of not being open to a relationship or even companionship in any sense of the word. I'm probably one of the very few...

SASE Icecream man

Who voted for psychic octopus? :o I'm a combo of three, strangly, so I'll have to vote other. I like males best, so heteromantic, don't care if it ends up being someone other than male, panromantic, and not caring if I get a mate or not, aromantic. So... Open for anybody, espiecilly males? :wacko:

I'm Paul the Physic Octopus. Fear my physic powers * pulls out crystal ball *

I'm aromantic. I only like the the fantasy of relationships , smex and love but when I come up to real life.............DO NOT WANT .

Deeply, annoyingly romantic. <3

This, pretty much. I like to cuddle, hold hands, and be held in general.

But.

I'm totally a psychic octopus.

I'm aromantic. I only like the the fantasy of relationships , smex and love but when I come up to real life.............DO NOT WANT .

That sounds so much like me!

I actually like fantasizing about love from time to time because I don't have to be afraid of it becoming real. In real life, though, I can't even imagine being in a relationship with someone. The whole thing just seems so awkward to me.

Very aromantic. I wouldn't like a companion of any sort even if an ideal mate crawled out of the woodwork somehow. I'm happy being alone and also very territorial, I hate living with people in the same house or apartment.

SASE Icecream man

That sounds so much like me!

I actually like fantasizing about love from time to time because I don't have to be afraid of it becoming real. In real life, though, I can't even imagine being in a relationship with someone. The whole thing just seems so awkward to me.

I love hearing about love and kinda want it, but I don't care if I don't have it. Well, I love love and cuddling and holding hands, not smex, but.... I've been in a realtionship before where the guy was really.... cuddly, and I hated it, when in books, I love it. I'm :wacko:

I honestly don't know.

I've been in relationships before, and hated every minute of it. I like the idea of it, but not the reality. I find myself feeling crowded by the other person, even when they're not around they seem in the way somehow. And you feel obligated to spend time with them when you'd rather be doing your own thing. I find it incredibly stressful. But I'm not sure if that is aromanticism, or just being a weirdo loner who is much happier sitting in her room writing than interacting with real people.

Also, I've never been in a relationship with another asexual before, so there was always the pressure in the back of my mind that the other person wants sex, even if they say they're happy not to. I have now decided not to put myself through the stress of another relationship, yet even though making that decision has brought me a lot of relief, I still feel that maybe I'm missing out, and I still get a little jealous of my friends who are in relationships. But ask me to swap places with them and I'd run a mile.

I blame my mum, actually. Anything to do with romance, she mocks it and turns her nose up. Maybe I would have been more romantic if she had behaved differently. Maybe not.

So no idea. None at all. That bothers me quite a lot actually. I feel that is the kind of question I should be able to answer about myself.

ChildOfTheLight

I am definitely romantic. I've only had one romantic relationship to date (formed through AVEN!) but it lasted about 2.5 years. I enjoy the better part of things that go with a romantic relationship that aren't sexual -- hugs, holding hands, cuddling, kissing (on the cheek or occasionally on the lips, definitely not French kissing), sleeping together (not that way!), carving out large chunks of time to spend together just for the sake of being with each other, etc.

TheChronicWanderer

I picked other. I guess technically I could identify as Grey-A but I just don't like that term. I consider myself fluidromantic, sometimes I find myself completely romantic, sometimes completely aromantic, and sometimes inbetween.

P.S. This was one of my favorite episodes so far, keep it up.

• 1 month later...
Vampyremage

Psychic octopus FTW!

Actually I'm not entirely sure where I'd fall on the spectrum. Definitely romantic to some degree but I'm not too sure how much. Lately I've been feeling a lot more aromantic, but I'm pretty sure that's just a passing phase because I just got out of a really stifling relationship not too long ago.

Psychic octopus was too funny for me not to pick!

But seriously.. I flucuate. I like being romantic and having romantic things done for me but sometimes I am wary of it because I think, "Does this romantic gesture mean that he expects sex now?" It's much like my sex drive.. In the new stage of the relationship, I'm like "Yay for sex! Yay for being romantic and cutesy 24/7!" and then it dies. If I do romantic stuff nowadays, I don't notice I'm doing it. That's not to say I am not considerate and loving, it's just that I don't think to do romantic things all the time.

*I should mention the inside of my head is a VERY romantic place. But my reality is different from my fantasy, as am I.

Pandora's Fox

A-demiromantic, meaning I feel aromantic and demiromantic in different ways or at different times.

Not to mention I just like being awkward for the sake of being awkward. ;)

BaronTheCat

I really would have wanted to choose the octopus option! But that would be lying :(

I'm still rather confused about this issue. I know I'm not aromantic, but I also am quite happy with the single life and have no real desire to change it. But then again, I'm a rather unmotivated person in general >_>

I'd say that if I had to pick one for right now, I'm probably closest to "demi". However, because of my reluctance in participating in polls when I'm not absolutely 100% certain of my answer, I went ahead and picked Psychic Octopus for the lulz.

• 2 weeks later...
Sen Holiday

When I voted "psychic octopus," I meant that I'm the most hopelessly romantic person I know. Just to clarify!

*Puts demi.*

I used to think I was purely Panromantic. But the past few months or so, I've been realizing...that I'm prob'ly demi-panromantic. I get squishes, but then- I'm not sure what to DO about it. XD It's nice having those feeelings, but I'm not sure if I want a relationship or anything right now. You know? So it's like la de da- romantic-y feeelings! ^__^ And maybe one day I'll actually do something about it. XD *Rambles.*

I love romanticism..absolutely

example and cheesy but with a twist

an ex's birthday

she was a football supporter so went to watch her team every home game..before she left I had flowers delivered in her teams colours..she then went to the game

this gave me time to cook an evening meal ready for her return..scatter rose petals from the front door to the dining table laden with candles and food and then another trial of red rose petals from the dining table to the bathroom and bedroom where a hot bath with oils and candles awaited

trouble is she was a violent shcitzo and I hadn't checked the result of the game..they lost

as she walked threw the door she shouted ..fucked and c worded..whats this ffin mess on my cn tin floor was it you? you prick, then i tried to calm her with the meal only to be told I had cooked too much so she stormed upstairs ffen and jeffin..bitching about the mess the rose petals made of her bedroom and bathroom

moral of the story..always always..check the football scores when you live with a skitzo that is a football fan

• 7 months later...

im the most romantic guy i know. but i was so very tempted to put psychic octopus.

Like it or not, sexuals are all around us and they're multiplying in numbers.

This made me giggle. Woohoo, we're like a disease!!! :rolleyes:

this, along with the picture, made me laugh. and i was reminded of the scene in the matrix when humanity being no more than a civilized large pox upon the world was discussed....

Gray.

There are more psychic octopi. Interesting.

• 1 month later...

Archived