The A Life Team

37 members have voted

1. 1. Well, does it?

• Yes
    • Maybe
    • No
    • Other

The A Life Team

Like it or not, sexuals are all around us and they're multiplying in numbers. Therefore we have to deal with them a lot. That's why the intrepid crew of A Life discusses some common themes that come up when dealing with them.

Please do add your thoughts about the subject, but I urge you to listen to the show first. It will considerably clarify the poll and give tons of thought-provoking entertainment. You can find the show here:

http://alifepodcast.wordpress.com/

Like it or not, sexuals are all around us and they're multiplying in numbers. Therefore we have to deal with them a lot. That's why the intrepid crew of A Life discusses some common themes that come up when dealing with them.

Please do add your thoughts about the subject, but I urge you to listen to the show first. It will considerably clarify the poll and give tons of thought-provoking entertainment. You can find the show here:

http://alifepodcast.wordpress.com/

Sexuals don't die they multiply.

I dunno. I think that statement was funny. That is since we came from sexuals.

One day we will evolve though. I think achieving pollination or something would be cool. Or be a starfish.

Seriously though, asexuals are only boring in bed. Else wise we are like everyone else.

I think it makes us more interesting. The few people I have told about my asexuality seem to be full of questions about it, obviously it interests them.

I think it depends on what you mean by boring and how the people around you handle it.

Most of the people I know would consider my life boring (they wouldn't want to live it) because I do not do a lot of what is very familiar to them. I don't go to bars, I don't experiment with bisexuality (or even taboo heterosexuality ie. friend's brother), I don't oggle at "hot" strangers, I don't have dating or sexual stories to tell, I won't be inviting them to a wedding any time soon...

At the same time, these people are very interested in it from a "that's new, please explain" point of view.

Boring? To be honest, I find most typical sexuals to be pretty boring (at least the ones who express and obvious need for sex whether I'm dating them or not). I don't think being asexual (or sexual, to be truthful) makes for a boring or interesting person. Having said that, I am pretty boring, but that's because I am too polite to be who I am, usually.

Nope. I consider myself boring for other reasons o_o

hellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, we are some of the most legendary partiers and funky kick ass ppl!

I find that asexuals, as they don't busy themselves with sex, busy themselves with many other things. I find them more interesting that most.

Being as unconcerned with sex and romantic relationships (for the most part) as I am, it frees up a lot of time and energy to invest in what I consider more worthy activities. When you have that much time to spare and resources like the Internet at your disposal, I think it'd be quite difficult not to pick up interests and hobbies that are the exact opposite of boring.

Why would asexuals be any more boring than sexuals? :blink: There's nothing intrinsically interesting about simply being sexually attracted to other people, and that's the basic difference between sexuals and asexuals.

Why would asexuals be any more boring than sexuals? :blink: There's nothing intrinsically interesting about simply being sexually attracted to other people, and that's the basic difference between sexuals and asexuals.

THIS. -_-

maybe i should get together with my ace friends and post lots of fun photos online..........we are having an retro Adidas party this Saturday, concert Friday nights......far from boring.

Probably yes for hypersexuals, but sexuals are not all sex-obsessed. They have hobbies and interests outside of sex, creating a lot of room for ace conversation. And if they don't? Then they're the boring ones. :)

I don't think that it makes us boring at all. In my opinion, sex is boring! After all, it isn't even special to humans. The vast majority of animals do it too, so what's the big deal?

People are interesting because of their own individual differences, like their special knowledge, their talents and their skills.

Sex is just .... *yawn*

Oh, and this is just for Henrik: My username is pronounced "G bird." :) ('Sorry it looks so weird as an abbreviation.)

-gb

• 1 year later...
Boo42069yomomma

Pfft, no! Not being in pursuit of sex gives us more time to be awesome!

hellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, we are some of the most legendary partiers and funky kick ass ppl!

make it so

MycroftDiogenes

Sexuality has nothing to do with it. I know plenty of sexuals who are boring as anything! All people, regardless of sexuality, have the choice every day to go out and do something amazing. Everyone has the chance to enjoy life, to do the things they love, to make a difference to the people who matter. Being an ace (or not) has nothing to do with it.

Ase of Spades

Being asexual doesn't make a person boring. I'm boring for reasons entirely unrelated to my orientation. :lol:

no i dont think it does make us boring i find im on a different level them most people as they all they are concerned about is getting drunk and laid and everything revolves around that but when you take sex out of the equation than your mind is opened up to so much more than being stagnant in that little sphere where you're world revolves around sex, i find intellectual stimulation more enjoyable than most other things my mind is always evolving learning new things and i am not being sexist to non Asexuals but i find most people are emotionally stunted and cant see the world around them because they are trapped in their own sexuality.

SquirrelCat

If you can't enjoy the BBQ party without fucking you're the boring one... if having sex define how fun someone is then people can't have fun with their friends, that would be awkward.

• 2 weeks later...
Medulla Oblongata

My late ace friend was a massive gamer and geek. She played Minecraft, L4D, Mass Effect (all 3), Diablo 3, Star Wars: the Old Republic, Dragon Age (both), and all sorts of games I can't even think of. She roleplayed with a group of friends (including me) online. She was far from boring!

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe we have to ask that question to sexuals to have a more certain answer. But I like to think that asexuality make us more mysterious and interesting.

Personally I find boring hypersexuals ‘cause it seems that sex is the most important thing in the world and they always speak about it.

No.

How boring you are isn't related to sexual orientation, although hypersexuals seem more boring than non-hypersexuals if you ask me.

LifeDontAnimate

No being asexual does not define that we are boring yes we don't want sex but our personalities are all still unique you are only boring if you are boring. Asexuality has nothing to do with it, I find being asexual a quirk about myself It's something odd and something I'm proud about and whilst its part of me it doesn't change any other part of me.

DracoBorealis

Well, if I asked the people around me that, they would probably say yes. But then again, they are always inquiring about asexuality, so it obviously interests them. Go figure.

These people also find my life boring, but that's mutual -I find theirs boring and unappealing as well.

Personally, I don't think sexual orientation makes anyone boring, just like their skin color or dietary habits don't. It's all about the person as a whole. It's who they are, not what they are. An interesting person is interesting, be they asexual, hetero, bi, gay or whatever.

I don't think I'm boring. People talk to me a lot when I'm just out and about. So there's gotta be something there. Probably because I dress like I should be at Woodstock, dance whether people are looking or not, and I talk a lot. I guess that's enough to intrigue people.

Not at all. In fact, I think asexuals are far more interesting than sexual people. At least aces can think of better and more fun things to do rather than just sex sex sex ;-;

UnderTheRose

Not at all. In fact, I think asexuals are far more interesting than sexual people. At least aces can think of better and more fun things to do rather than just sex sex sex ;-;

I agree 100%. I don't think I'm boring. And everyone I know must think it's interesting too as much as they try to figure it out -_-

Archived