Independent on Sunday Magazine 19 December

Cate Perfect

I did an interview with a journalist a coupel days ago and it's going to appear in the Independent on Sunday Magazine on the 16th. Mark your calendars. (Pssssst, Liver, will you send me a copy, pleeeeeeaaaaaase? *bats eyes all asexy like*)

Cate

2013 Mod Edit: We retrieved the article, but it is protected by copyrights law. Whoever is interested can PM me or the Project Team to have a copy.

Live R Perfect

Oh, I thinks thats the same journalist that contacted me recently then. Except I'm currently bound by a contract with another publication, so I couldn't talk to them.... :?

Uhhh... the 16th December is a Thursday, Cate! :) You sure its not the 19th?

I'll keep my eyes peeled anyhow... and send you a copy of course :wink:

I've checked my email, she definitely said the 16th. ... Hmmmm.

Cate

Oh cool! Did you do the interview or no?

Cate

I presume were talking about the UK newspaper are we?

I'll put a reminder in the 'organiser' of my mobile phone.

Well done, Cate!

:)

Colin

Yup, that's the one, though she doesn't seem to know what date Sunday falls on. Unless there's a magazine section in the Thursday edition, as well.

Cate

VivaEmilyDavies

That would be the Independent on Thursday Magazine, though, surely?

Actually, no, the Indy doesn't do magazines weekdays. It is a cute titchy little paper and there'd be no room. But IoS Magazine is actually pretty prestigious. Well done!

Oh cool! Did you do the interview or no?

Cate

I tried to answer her questions as best I could via email. It got pretty long by the time I was finished.

I don't recall her mentioning a publication date in the emails I got from her, but I might have overloooked it. I will be curious to see what the story develops into after she collects all her info.

-Greybird

I had to explicitly ask when/where it would be published before she told me.

Cate

VivreEstEsperer

Ooh, I interviewed for that too! I liked her, she had the same name as me, lol.

Can you send me a copy too? Thank you!

Kate

Oh, dur!

*puts on editor beanie* *edits title*

Cate

I just read the article. While it rehashed too much stuff from the New Scientist article for my liking, the rest of it was very interesting.

Sherlock

I've just read the article too. Interesting choice of illustrations for it. They had a picture of Morrisey (anyone think it's possible that he might join this forum anytime soon?) and also a picture of what is presumably an asexual Ram! :lol:

I'm not sure if the article was long enough or prominent enough but every little bit of visibility helps, I suppose. :)

Live R Perfect

Yeah, looks like every single article ever to be written is going to rehash the info from the NS article, but then there's not a lot else to refer to, is there?

I also was hoping it would be larger and more prominent, and that they'd use more of the quotes from the people they interviewed. It's OK though.

I'm unsure about the whole Morrisey thing. The media all seem to have decided that he's 'A', but he hasn't come out and said so himself.

Anyhow, well done Cate! :D :vis:

Edit: Oh yeah! It quite annoyed me that they put the article on the same page as a column about sexual performance anxiety.... I know it probably made sense to them to put two things relating to sex on the same page, but it might give people the impression that the articles are somehow linked, like asexuality is caused by anxiety or something. I dunno... maybe I'm worrying about nothing *shrug*

I'm unsure about the whole Morrisey thing. The media all seem to have decided that he's 'A', but he hasn't come out and said so himself.

I think a lot of celebrities give out the false impression that they are celibate or asexual in order to gain an aura of sexual unavailability. This in turn adds to their popularity(perhaps because people want what they cannot have?). Look at the case of Britney Spears who, for years, pretended to be a virgin, in order to sell more CDs. Cliff Richard is, I suspect, another example of this.

Sherlock

• 4 weeks later...

Okay... call me out of it if yah want to... WHO THE HECK IS MORRISSEY???

Okay... call me out of it if yah want to... WHO THE HECK IS MORRISSEY???
He's a famous British singer / songwriter, previously a member of 80s Manchester group The Smiths, now solo since about 1987.

I have to say, your music collection really cannot be complete without at the least The Smiths' "The Queen is Dead" album.

Morrissey is very popular among people who, perhaps, don't quite fit in with everyone else... he's a bit of a cult icon.

You can find loads more information here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morrissey

By the way, he's *amazing*!

Archived